QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 88|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2011年外销员考试《外贸外语》模拟试题10(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-3-12 22:51:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Passage Two
( @. h4 ~- ?; j6 h' v6 V) R  While there are literally thousands of stocks, the ones bought and sold most actively are usually listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)。This exchange dates back to 1972 when a group of stockbrokers gathered under a buttonwood tree on Wall Street in New York City to make some rules about how buying and selling was to be done.The NYSE has become the leading exchange in the United States.
7 d  {( Y& A& x# m' S- E' D& U  The NYSE, housed in large building on Wall Street, does the bulk of trading in listed security.On the trading floor more than 2,200 common and preferred stocks are traded.The NYSE has 1,567 members, most of whom represent brokerage houses involved in buying and selling for the public.These brokers are paid commissions by the buyers and the sellers for executing the orders.Almost half a million kilometers of telephone and telegraph wire link the NYSE with brokerage offices around the nation.
: j* c* L$ H& S5 n$ r, Q- M0 x  In addition to the NYSE there are eight other exchanges around the country.The second largest is the American Stock Exchange (AMEX), which also has headquarters offices in New York City.Other exchanges of note include the Midwest Stock Exchange in Chicago and the Pacific Exchange in San Francisco and Los Angeles.! {) B! h: q: _- C8 P2 a& i' Y
  How are stocks bought and sold? Suppose a widow in California wants to go on an ocean cruise.To finance the trip she decides to sell 100 shares of her General Motors stock.The widow calls her stockbroker and directs him to sell at once at the best price he can get.The same day an engineer in Florida decides to use the savings he has accumulated to buy 100 shares of General Motors stock.The engineer calls his broker and asks him to buy the stock at the current price.
  s/ C9 A9 s4 Z# _  But brokers wire their orders to the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.The two brokers, one representing the widow and the other the engineer, negotiate the transaction.One asks, “How much do I have to pay for a hundred shares to General Motors?” The highest bid is $65.25 and the least amount for which anyone has offered to sell is $65.75.Both want to get the best price, so they compromise and agree on a buy/sell at $65.50.
2 Y. ^3 V7 k6 m  The NYSE itself neither buys nor sells stocks; it simply serves as a place where brokers buy and sell for their clients.Each transaction is carried out in public and the information is sent electronically to every brokerage office of the nation.
4 _" M4 F! h! Y- z  36.Who founded New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 1972?
0 @; K) @: w% ^  A.The government of the United States/ c+ P1 o0 e1 d- ?; ^2 o
  B.New York city3 r8 K2 f: n$ [( J. Q
  C.Stockbrokers9 y7 p* j2 a$ O( _& @" u: |  n
  D.None of the above* Q5 @2 t( m  J# o. C7 E& e9 L) A  \
  「答案」C
5 F0 O* H9 y; U' g( Q2 ]) n  37.What does the term “listed security” mean here? It means _______.9 c5 y- j$ C: Z1 F& F6 a1 X7 W
  A.all the security measures devised to protect NYSE
5 B. A' D& y( _, Q  B.everything that should be kept as commercial secret* f! t2 R# D. k. |3 _" z
  C.a secure place for money and stock exchange
( i& L# H: w9 H* r( L+ A6 r  D.stocks and bonds sold and bought in the NYSE
5 o0 o2 M$ h3 m( I! c2 ^  「答案」D5 w" J( x) a, f/ T+ k
  38.There is a stock exchange in Chicago, do you know its name?* H7 S, B$ J) j: m% i. C' K  u! Q- V
  A.American Stock Exchange3 W# i) G7 [/ M0 {# g3 f5 _; o' M# q* S
  B.Midwest Stock Exchange
3 [3 I/ F5 G( Z4 l  C.Pacific Stock Exchange
$ P8 K$ w- E" x: V  D.None of the above# q' a8 d# Y6 r" o2 s- s
  「答案」B
7 z* t: n' H( L! z  39.“To finance the trip she decided to …”。What does the word “finance” mean here?
3 K! i& q7 t+ q- b  A.To collect money for the trip.- h. m* N3 H2 |* b+ N* @
  B.To support the trip with money.
% l8 S& D1 ~' b, e& Y  C.To gather money for a special purpose.! L  a6 v: y: X; s4 ^% J5 h# |
  D.To earn money (through the trip)。
3 t: w" _0 c) i: m  H# u' J  「答案」A
9 g" {4 Z7 h+ h3 X% K  40.“Client” here means ___________.# X; \: _+ X% i% P7 z7 y7 }/ b
  A.people who have claims% }: u: f2 m0 o* n0 V5 P, A
  B.customers represented by brokers
) p( y+ w5 \/ E# F: z& @  C.lawyer2 c7 s$ Y5 i3 Z' Q
  D.all of the above( g( C0 n' _7 i6 m
  「答案」B
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 18:11 , Processed in 0.192688 second(s), 21 queries .