QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[英语] 中考英语专项突破:阅读理解精练(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-5-10 10:24:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A( ^( t* ^! d* ?" ~, O& ?
          During all this time I never stopped thinking about escape. When I traveled across to the other side of the island, I could see the other islands, and I said to myself, "Perhaps I can get there with a boat. Perhaps I can get back to England one day."& ]3 \, c% j8 T, S6 l/ D/ e. t6 x% P) D
          So I decided to make myself a boat. I cut down a big tree, and then began to make a long hole in it. It was hard work, but about six months later, I had a very fine canoe (独木舟). Next, I had to get it down to the sea. How silly I was! Why didn't I think before I began work? Of course, the canoe was too heavy. I couldn't move it! I pulled and pushed and tried everything, but it didn't move. I was very unhappy for a long time after that.7 F- m/ r5 m9 Z! Y, A" U+ Y( }
          That happened in my fourth year on the island. In my sixth year I did make myself a smaller canoe, but I did not try to escape in it. The boat was too small for a long journey, and I did not want to die at sea. The island was my home now, not my prison, and I was just happy to be alive.  A year or two later, I made myself a second canoe on the other side of the island. I also built myself a second house there, and so I had two homes.
6 ]9 R; n! Z! F0 J          My life was still busy from mo rning to night. There were always things to do or to make. I learnt to make new clothes for myself from the skins of dead animals. They looked very strange, it is true, but they kept me dry in the rain.
) X  [/ \( ]" O, a8 c4 v, u          I kept food and tools at both my houses, and also wild goats. There were many goats on the island, and I made fields with high fences to keep them in. They learnt to take food from me, and soon I had goats' milk to drink every day. I also worked hard in my corn (玉米) fields. And so many years went by.
1 D4 ~4 K8 n. e! d; K4 ]; ]          46. The purpose of making a canoe on the island was to _____________.0 g8 Y* l, E0 q9 L6 U
          A. escape in it                  B. get to the other side of the island" g0 I: D) q0 G8 s9 {! r2 P
          C. use it for food               D. go around the island
3 l0 {# u7 `; l1 j- x: H8 t          47. To survive, the writer did the following EXCEPT _____________.3 r- i  |3 C5 z! T, q
          A. keeping goats for milk         B. making clothes from animal skins
  U$ |; D) ]- n9 I7 \' k5 [          C. working in the cornfields       D. going fishing in the sea+ o: Q  |5 K& L4 d5 t
          48. Why didn't the writer use his first canoe?4 u+ a3 \5 c% L/ [9 u
          A. Because it was too small for a long journey.   
( s6 u; `* z# J% r1 o  d          B. Because it was too heavy to get down to the sea.
" s, @- Y& k9 J! h          C. Because there was something wrong with it.) C4 p1 ?  d) O5 y
          D. Because the writer was busy building a second house.5 g0 w4 d* R, A1 ?5 J) H
          49. From the story, we can learn that _____________.7 }5 R/ ?* M- r* l) f4 h3 s% A0 c
          A. the writer tried to make his stay comfortable on the island
$ U# M$ [7 e( J3 x          B. the writer had nothing to do on the wild island' U: b/ u' ]$ u3 Y3 C# Q) r6 T
          C. the writer tried to escape in the second canoe, but failed# b8 }7 k5 \  g5 b0 H% p8 J( Y# T
          D. the writer was in prison on the island, losing his freedom" h7 `% t1 k* A1 L! l' b/ H
          50.What is the best word to describe the writer?
8 N4 e$ d. F! l+ d) r8 Q            A. excited              B. brave        C. adventurous    D. hard-working( B" v0 S$ V5 t& e3 f

; S2 T8 O7 z: [* w" L2 P          根据2010江苏宿迁中考试卷阅读题改编
( o1 }  M' m6 F& W( V/ d         2 ?: v# R. r& N: E6 O3 `$ J
        阅读理解答案:ADBAC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 03:37 , Processed in 0.211704 second(s), 21 queries .