只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 133|回复: 0

[英语] 新初三暑假英语拔高训练:阅读理解训练19

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-5-10 10:24:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  B! H( A& Y( n/ s! ]) S' w
        ) r; C; d: z6 x% W6 y
          When the Audet family turns on the lights at Blue Farm, they are using electricity that comes from cows-cow manure (粪肥), to be specific.2 H# g1 j! K( n4 Q* F3 O# Y8 `+ C
        % E! S3 P0 K* D) N
          Cows produce a lot of wastes. One cow can create 30 gallons of wastes each day. Now imagine the output of over 1,000 cows at Blue Farm. That's really a big amount.1 U  K3 Z/ L1 c! o  |' P

3 n2 k8 n1 u+ T          When farmers clean their barns, they put the wastes in a big heap, and spread some of them on their fields for fertilizer(肥料). But now places like Blue Spruce Farm have a new way of using cow wastes. They use them to produce electricity.! [6 F: R7 |/ O
        ( U8 K5 O5 [/ f' I# F5 r, `7 x
          Here's how it works: A big machine moves back and forth cleaning the barn floor. "The cows aren't bothered," says Marie Audet. "They are animals of habit; they get used to it, and just lift one foot and then another to let it go by."2 P" O% h; L7 f1 r) s- t! \
        2 f3 X0 m* z, t' s0 |
          The machine pushes the manure into a big 600-gallon tank like a small swimming pool. The tank is called a digester (化粪池) because what happens there is just like what happens inside a cow: Bacteria(细菌) get to work and continue to digest the manure.: A! P  j. C* l2 G2 H, X
        ! O8 s# Y6 x, D" L; I2 z
          Methane gas (甲烷、沼气)in the atmosphere is known as a "greenhouse" gas because it keeps heat just like a greenhouse does, causing our planet to warm up. That's an environmental concern. But the digester has a good result. Its gas is kept and used to power electric generators (发电机).
8 v' D0 h4 \% n: ]" I$ V% u        4 Y. W5 }) B  T& ^* a0 }
          At Blue Farm, the generators make enough electricity to power 400 homes. The Audet family sells the extra electricity they can't use themselves.
% }: [; {$ E& G# s+ g        , \6 S  D6 ]3 S# _
          51. We learn from the text that the Audet family is using cow wastes to ______.- W9 V2 {# b6 c

2 {5 \7 S/ A. C, V$ c8 Z3 j4 j1 i4 q          A. make electricity             B. produce fertilizer        C. build their farm        D. feed the cows% L; ^; O, s: V# D) e, V* x$ N
        - h0 U* c! z3 j4 k
          52. How are the cow wastes collected into the digester at Blue Farm?& B1 x  s' i( p5 ?5 V, c8 O# ~

" Q' {# _0 X/ P          A. Marie Audet does the work                            B. The job is done by machine
7 g8 X: k: U, K& s        ! b) R6 Y- I+ I
          C. The cows lift the cow wastes                            D. Bacteria get to work on  them/ D0 f. [! ]3 Q

6 I" ^& N# l# R  R' M          53. According to the passage, which of the following is changed into electricity?) p5 Y- E- b! a1 }) O( V+ M0 b6 s
        : o6 T3 v  U# g
          A. The power of moving water.                         B. The heat of burning coal.
% f" z$ M, D4 R( i% m' }2 y3 m* g       
9 [- G6 A2 _3 a- r: g" j          C. The power of sunlight.                            D. The heat of the methane gas
, R2 z5 D3 x* R% s) a( |        ( N  A- R0 X# S
          54. The new way of using cow wastes at Blue Farm might be best descr ibed as ______.
( }, |0 c- h2 _. `/ |       
9 {! }3 W6 x  R          A. reducing                    B. saving                    C. recycling            D. changing, ]* f1 t. K$ q8 ^4 e+ m7 H! N% b5 Z

4 i- H) ^: s3 ?/ t          55. What is the main purpose for writing the passage?
1 [4 s2 j( G  ~$ r/ j8 r' l        - [# w* L2 ?& M+ ]5 Q
          A. To introduce a new way of making electricity            B. To explain how a new energy works better0 ^; _. Q) J$ w% `, w# A
        ' G& R" \6 n7 [; g8 \
          C. To show a new rebuilding plan for a big farm            D. To explain the reasons for green house effect, X+ o5 d/ E/ T" V% k* b0 }
          答案:ABDCA
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 21:01 , Processed in 0.229849 second(s), 21 queries .