立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 367|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 2012年GCT英语辅导讲义:长句分析

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-12 13:04:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  一、长句分析  1.In preserving the natural resources, which is a national duty, we must not forget that monopoly is based on the control of natural resources and natural advantages, and that it will help the people little to conserve our natural wealth unless the benefits which it can yield are given back to the people.
! \$ c! r2 }; k$ l- A  2.The principle of making the best use of all we have requires that we stop the waste of human life in industry and prevent the waste of human welfare which flows from the unfair use of concentrated power and wealth in the hands of men whose eagerness for profit blinds them to the cost of what they do.9 D  p' |, v" T- u. a
  3.There was the determination of an immigrant to gain in the new world what had been denied to him in the old, and on the part of his children an urge to throw off the immigrant onus(负担) by still more success and still more rise in a fluid and classless society.- s' b* W7 I, r( F
  应用文阅读练习
7 w1 d* I( G4 v, B  练习13 I# p+ `7 T/ e/ U
  Medicine Directions% i1 G6 J9 v( T4 M" c( u( q9 l
  Take two tablets with warm water, followed by one tablet every eight hours, as required. For maximum nighttime and early morning relief, take two tablets at bedtime. Do not exceed six tablets in twenty-four hours.
! C, @) q& l& g/ t% V3 o" t+ [9 Y  For children six to twelve years old, give half the adult dosage. For children under six years old consult your doctor.
% q; c; ]) X5 {4 B  Reduce dosage if nervousness, restlessness, or sleeplessness occurs.
; |! Z# K8 ^9 B& p9 @+ {- N  26. The label on this medicine bottle clearly warns not to take more than _____.% ^; O& M9 O3 N# k9 ^! E
  A. twenty-four tablets a day B. eight tablets a day
" E" O; v" W$ q8 o$ ^  C. six tablets a day D. three tablets a day* }2 l, c# C7 _- Q* v* x1 a- u' r
  27. What should they do if their child is under six years old?/ x( v8 T9 D! c; ]6 ^3 \2 \2 ^5 @# @
  A. They should let him take two tablets a day.! i; |% E: q+ S6 B( E
  B. They should reduce the dosage anyway.% A3 d8 ]* l" e/ x# h
  C. They should find the directions on the bottle.( N+ f# a1 R  ^! ~
  D. They should ask their doctor for advice.9 p  h' L3 P2 r$ h$ p1 g+ ?5 S
  28. How many tablets should one take before he goes to sleep?  F8 f3 e/ J+ T: X4 F7 f7 l2 q
  A. One. B. Two. C. One and half. D. Three.
: P6 J6 m  [+ R  29. We can infer by this label that _____.
: v8 x7 X+ h1 P7 I# O! n  A. the medicine could cause some people to feel nervous2 R: |$ z5 J' J% H. ]
  B. children may take the same dosage as adults take
3 |# R1 z7 `& u7 z  C. one may not take this medicine before going to bed2 A+ J0 q# l. I( i+ e0 I' R
  D. the medicine is liquid
% @: \: `9 x' g7 X5 _3 ?  N  30. Clearly the medicine _____.
1 Z# p  C, S. K& E6 [. ^* B; \  A. may be dangerous for small children) W7 n) l2 Q/ _5 D
  B. can’t be taken by children under twelve years old
1 v2 C( Y; G' x. A- P+ {+ Q  p! P  C. may be taken by children but not by adults2 B! c' {8 T1 o" Q) G1 c5 _$ h
  D. may be taken by adults but not by children
3 I3 t( Q9 Q$ T  练习2& @( h  U+ M3 Z, b4 j
  Academic Information
( `: B3 t! i) N( V- }1 X# N, q! e  490. English composition. Fall, spring, 3 hrs. One lecture, two writing laboratories. Pre-requirement: English 400 or permission of the instructor.
+ ?7 z" ~, U8 w/ R7 _3 Q; N* `  A review of English grammar and vocabulary, practice in writing technical English. Intended to assist foreign graduate students to write theses. Not open to native speakers." x& z. S6 I. f; k) t1 J0 W$ d
  Professor Baker.6 @6 \/ x% k# t3 ]
  26. Who will instruct this course according to this description?; \7 E2 I3 t7 e( P; B5 G6 i. `2 y
  A. Any instructor. B. A native speaker. C. A graduate. D. Prof. Baker
/ \" D- O5 V" T7 u4 f/ A1 x  27. Those students who _____ can take this course.* E. A. Q' U) g
  A. are interested in writing only B. have finished English 400
, w5 _+ j# A4 n# j& U3 j1 M' e. K! @  C. want to be professional writers D. have special difficulty in writing* W  P# S, _4 S* W  ^
  28. This course seems to be open to _____.
( i- b( e+ z' r/ e  A. native speakers B. foreign students. C. all the students. D. women students: N( s4 I" g4 ^2 @& b# l0 |
  29. This description implies that the course will _____.
/ f' x5 D& I* \. c$ O; W3 y  A. be very theoretical B. be very difficult C. be very practical D. be very easy
1 `7 W/ L4 m5 B8 N  30. According to the course description, this course _____.
; k' L( m- B( c0 H  A. is offered three times a year B. is offered twice a year+ ?7 j7 _, x* Q' a3 y% {
  C. is intended to help native speakers D. is intended to offer lectures only
# S3 c; ]. U% M- c/ s  练习3$ U7 q" Z5 q! J0 U- W) C. K0 F$ S" l
  Notice of the Public Relations Managers Club of Beijing6 m. B6 h; |! o& @
  Meeting: The Public Relations Managers Club of Beijing
# w3 G. ?* }9 W. x2 p  Time: Friday, December 20, 2004' E3 `; P7 |2 x4 T% l' v
  Place: The Great Wall-Sheraton Hotel (Room 688)
1 w0 s. ~3 z! r3 K# ?, b  East Third Ring Road
" A; ?+ P1 p4 ?. x& d  Topic: Public Relations and Visit China 20087 j3 L1 S* ^3 c# O
  Speakers: Shu Zhangdong, Deputy Director of Marketing Department of CNTA
! h1 `+ {4 H( f* u  Du Bin, Director of Beijing Smart International Advertising Co.1 ~7 T" b9 y% C% o8 D1 z
  Li Meng, Professor of China University of Travel and Tourism$ S. f2 ^% W/ q$ x- S
  Luncheon: 15 yuan
: T7 s1 i6 D1 i6 m8 V  Please return your reservation card to reach the secretary by December 16. You must cancel reservations by 11 a.m. of the day of the meeting or be billed for the luncheon.
# m& [6 ~+ G2 H3 J4 Q2 E  Telephone: 2245-4567 (Ms. Li Shan)
$ ~; h9 S. c1 u( W- a3 D  26. Participants of the meeting should reserve the meeting _____.
! x; A% q  i+ j0 g$ F7 G  A. before December 20 B. before December 16 C. the day of the meeting D. In 2008
, X) b0 D  ^5 K  27. The meeting is _____.
. \3 {5 F/ f) j  A. the annual meeting for the public relations managers club of Beijing
! X) Q' M$ G/ R! a! g  B. for the club managers to discuss the visit of China in 20088 U6 _" e9 T* v; |' @
  C. for all the public relations managers in Beijing
, o3 k% L* t1 t/ v' x  D. is sponsored by the Great Wall-Sheraton Hotel
0 ~7 A- ~- X8 Z; o+ d$ F  28. What does the word “luncheon” mean?6 f) m. [  I% W0 ^  ?/ W
  A. A formal lunch. B. The fee for the meeting.% g% R  G$ V+ s% r3 a
  C. The rate for the hotel. D. The annual fee for the club members.
  ~9 [& Y" W& t* L  r9 x+ H6 D  29. From the notice, we can infer all the followings except that _____.
& w, {( x7 R' L! d' o  A. the meeting will last for one day
# ~0 k$ F  v1 M. x3 e  B. Li Shan is the secretary of the Public Relations Managers Club of Beijing+ G  V- E" |( Y  P- e
  C. the speakers are the members of the Public Relations Managers Club of Beijing, J! ^9 X1 V, F+ f
  D. The Public Relations Managers Club of Beijing is a non-governmental organization
& b8 m$ b6 A0 ~8 S3 ?  30. From the sentence “You must cancel reservations by 11 a.m. of the day of the meeting or be billed for the luncheon”, we know that _____.
5 W* L" B1 g0 ^1 z3 ]. A8 r# A: O$ b  A. all the club members will be assumed to attend the meeting unless they cancel the reservations
+ I: }" l0 F4 h# f" b+ b$ t  B. the meeting will break at 11 a.m. of the day of the meeting.% i  |; H/ B6 B2 B. z9 X. J4 {1 w
  C. those who attend the meeting must pay the 15 yuan before the meeting
. Q4 V) n3 v5 |. z  D. those who didn’t cancel the reservations on time will have to pay the 15 yuan" M0 h! ^/ z1 y0 P9 o! h1 R
  Cloze (8 minutes)0 i/ [9 D9 W  n( {
  Passage 1
* A  P  C# u0 _$ I4 z5 L  In a telephone survey of more than 2,000 adults,21% said they believed the sun revolved (旋转)around the earth. An __31__ 7% did not know which revolved around __32__. I have no doubt that virtually all of these people were __33__ in school that the earth revolves around the sun. But they never __34 their incorrect mental models of planetary (行星的) 35 because their every day observations didn’t support 36 their teachers told them. People see the sun moving 37 the sky as morning turns to night,and the earth seems stationary (静止的) 38 that is happening. Students can learn the right answers 39 heart in class,and yet never combined them 40 their working models of the world.
+ `7 d6 ^  W0 ~( i# P; g9 ~5 Z  31. A) excessive B) extra C) additional D) added! `: J4 K4 O6 e
  32. A) what B) which C) that D) other
- ]% n3 J! G$ `0 T. u0 R3 a  ?  33. A) learned B) suggested C) taught D) advised
0 b0 i, i4 N1 h) P/ g& ~  ~* V# }  34. A) formed B) altered C) believed D) thought
8 h) k4 g3 l: E/ W) [% T/ [4 `+ ^  35. A) operation B) position C) motion D) location$ b. I& v) m2 L* Q5 l; F- P
  36. A) how B) which C) that D) what
6 ?1 m2 K1 D3 Y* C  37. A) around B) across C) on D) above& U: J) w* i" P
  38. A) since B) so C) while D) for
* ~! ~- r  f; K, s0 m  39. A) to B) by C) in D) with' U' L8 V8 s2 E: n) o
  40. A) with B) into C) to D) along
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:33 , Processed in 0.246041 second(s), 21 queries .