立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 197|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 2012年在职硕士联考英语冲刺阅读精篇(九)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-13 00:05:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Too often young people get themselves employed quite by accident, not knowing what lies in the way of opportunity for promotion, happiness and security. As a result, they are employed doing jobs that afford them little or no satisfaction. Our school leavers face so much competition that they seldom care what they do as long as they can earn a living . Some stay long at a job and learn to like it ,others quite from one to another looking for something to suit them, the young graduates who leave the university look for jobs that offer a salary up to their expectation. Very few go out into the world knowing exactly what they want and realizing their own abilities. The reason behind all this confusion is that there never has been a proper vocational guidance in our educational institution. Nearly all grope(试探) in the dark and their chief concern when they look for a job is to ask what salary is like. They never bother to think whether they are suited for the job or, even more important, whether the job suits them, Having a job is more than merely providing yourself and your dependants with daily bread and some money for leisure and entertainment, It sets a pattern of life and, in many ways, determines social status in life, selection of friends, leisure and interest.KSY365考试网  In choosing a career you should first consider the type of work which will suit your interest .Noting is more pathetic than taking on a job in which you have no interest, for it will not only discourage your desire to succeed in life but also ruin your talents and ultimately make you an emotional wreck (受到严重危险的人)and a bitter person.KSY365考试网! ^1 a/ \: f) |( y( M! Y8 t% y. `: ?
  1. The reason why some people are unlikely to succeed in life is that they _____.KSY365考试网
" |% v5 N) \5 J* Z5 B- W  A. have ruined their talentsKSY365考试网3 S/ b6 }, h  S- P  @
  B. have taken on an unsuitable jobKSY365考试网
9 o: H! A# @( m  C. think of nothing but their salaryKSY365考试网& e# ]( i8 @. U5 x3 y% o$ K
  D. are not aware of their own potentialKSY365考试网
$ a0 g* Y: {! _, Y  2. The difficulty in choosing a suitable job lies mainly in that_____.KSY365考试网% I; n8 w% R$ |& O* I$ @1 u
  A. much competition has to be facedKSY365考试网& a! T- t9 d9 B( E- x0 e+ O; a
  B. many employees have no working experienceKSY365考试网# I& x3 u+ Z2 m
  C. the young people only care about how much they can earnKSY365考试网
/ V1 W; I. D0 r# o9 c4 r  D. schools fail to offer students appropriate vocational guidanceKSY365考试网
' B3 a7 L5 ]  B  3. Which of the following statements is most important according to the passage?KSY365考试网
+ S/ \/ Q1 x" B' s$ S. z  A. Your job must suit your interest.KSY365考试网1 z; s6 M9 O( @% C
  B. Your job must set a pattern of life.KSY365考试网7 c( }0 K2 R' f2 w  {: M
  C. Your job must offer you a high salary.KSY365考试网
1 g0 ~" A& N; {3 b7 g! u5 U  D. Your job must not ruin your talents.KSY365考试网; g% B& ?) r0 x5 S, z4 z8 Y& c0 z1 h
  4. The best title for this passage would be ____.KSY365考试网# b4 q! [. i: T! [7 n' I# b: g
  A. What Can A Good Job OfferKSY365考试网
% h6 A$ U1 {3 Y* R  B. Earning A LivingKSY365考试网6 u6 p/ X; `2 e7 V. r
  C. Correct Attitude On Job-huntingKSY365考试网/ r) y4 H3 L( v, r' N0 v5 O
  D. How To Choose A JobKSY365考试网
" D9 A8 k% z9 K  5. The word "pathetic" in paragraph 2 most probably means ____ .KSY365考试网
4 D4 r. d% l$ t7 s! j9 N5 X  A. splendidKSY365考试网
. Q8 M/ o9 c& ~. I8 P2 L1 N! W( ]  B. miserableKSY365考试网
$ d, O+ i3 K( Q8 c. W0 ]- N  C. disgustedKSY365考试网
5 R) _- S# I1 p  L  D. touchingKSY365考试网) M7 Q2 i% U) k8 e. y
  谜底及解析:KSY365考试网
2 r7 f2 ]2 f* T( p4 \) i0 e/ M/ c8 M  1. B。谜底可以在最后一段找到:"Nothing is more pathetic than taking on a job in which you have no interest, for it will not only discourage your desire to succeed in life but also ruin your talents."是以有些人事业不成功的原因是选择了不合适的工作。是以B 是正确谜底。KSY365考试网
& P, e; B/ {+ I* O6 N  2. D。谜底在第一段的中心有一句话:"the reason behind all this confusion is that there never has been proper vocational guidance in our educational institution." 造成这种状况的原因是我们的教育机构没有给学生们进行恰当的职业指导。是以D 为正确谜底。KSY365考试网4 d+ N" z+ R( T  w* |  T
  3. A。谜底在第二段第一句话。"In choosing a career you should first consider the type of work which will suit your interest. "选择职业的时辰首先要考虑的是这个工作你是否有乐趣。"是以A 正确谜底。KSY365考试网. ^2 @" s# Y" D- w: q
  4. D。文章的第一段谈到:"年青人找工作时辰的随意性, 因为他们没有经由任何的培训。" 第二段谈到:"选择职业的时辰首先考虑的是自己是否有乐趣。"是以文章的问题理当是:"若何选择工作"是以D为正确谜底。KSY365考试网
" J6 V$ G* N0 Q* P  5. B。miserable: 疾苦的。splendid: 辉煌的。disgusted: 厌恶的。touching: 接触的。是以只有B 最合适题意。KSY365考试网
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 04:28 , Processed in 0.184760 second(s), 21 queries .