立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 281|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012在职硕士联考英语冲刺模拟附答案(一)(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-13 14:20:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Passage Three  Loneliness has been linked to depression and other health problems. Now, a study says it can also spread. A friend of a lonely person was 52% more likely to develop feelings of loneliness. And a friend of that friend was 25% more likely to do the same.
  f6 t! h: i  Q# V! N  u6 t8 Q  Earlier findings showed that happiness, fatness and the ability to stop smoking can also grow like infections within social groups. The findings all come from a major health study in the American town of Framingham, Massachusetts., n) _; O: K/ ~0 D$ q! {
  The study began in 1948 to investigate the causes of heart disease. Since then, more tests have been added, including measures of loneliness and depression.
' j" ^8 o+ v% Z8 j8 D  The new findings involved more than 5,000 people in the second generation of the Framingham Heart Study. The researchers examined friendship histories and reports of loneliness. The results established a pattern that spread as people reported fewer close friends.
, f/ L$ a( N5 U4 o  c. b8 _. [, W  For example, loneliness can affect relationships between next-door neighbors. The loneliness spreads as neighbors who were close friends now spend less time together. The study also found that loneliness spreads more easily among women than men." @+ S: M, a" ?" S8 L" _. O' [
  Researchers from the University of Chicago. Harvard and the University of California, San Diego, did the study. The findings appeared last month in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.9 H6 n9 Y( y9 k; v! a$ s
  The average person is said to experience feelings of loneliness about 48 days a year. The study found that having a lonely friend can add about 17 days. But every additional friend can decrease loneliness by about 5%, or two and a half days., ]( q/ ]5 ^/ f  m' T( s+ v+ D' H
  Lonely people become less and less trusting of others. This makes it more and more difficult for them to make friends---and likely that society will reject them./ j; b( Z  e" w, S9 A7 |
  John Cacioppo at the University of Chicago led the study. He says it is important to recognize and deal with loneliness. He says people who have been pushed to the edges of society should receive help to repair their social networks.
2 T  Y* L% _1 R0 i' W  The aim should be to aggressively create what he calls a "protective barrier" against loneliness. This barrier, he says, can keep the whole network from coming apart.; |) `1 t' |# e6 J# {7 N
  41. Besides loneliness, which of the following can also spread among people?
# y3 h- L+ u! S: _2 A) v  A. Friendship   B. Happiness    C. Depression    D. Smoking
0 C8 {! g' r# T  42. The Framingham Heart Study starting from 1948_________.' o  c4 a9 c3 K( Z6 M$ `
  A. expanded its research topics% [) |8 Y  c. G" ]% l: ~
  B. involved 5,000 patients of depression; \, w/ p' H8 z% \" J, h1 P
  C. identified loneliness as one key factor for heart disease2 ?' O# f0 B- G* u7 S
  D. examined the relationship between loneliness and depression3 \  R( \' ]# L$ b- O
  43. Which of the following is true about the spread of loneliness?
3 [6 ]5 M( L' h/ c2 L: P  A. It leads to a gradual loss of friends.
" z- @# B1 {9 F3 e1 ~8 L  B. It is a common phenomenon among women.- t- b  ]/ g% X- N1 X6 D* J4 X4 h
  C. It is often found in the neighborhood.- k$ L. j1 `/ n0 a" p& J4 @+ [$ s0 `
  D. It ruins the relationships between close friends.7 o7 V, T. b* @. ^, K: x
  44. Having a lonely friend, you are more likely to ________.
! a+ Z* X: ~1 y8 [1 q: x0 G  A. strengthen your friendship
( H2 g; D" k2 v& X+ x1 N3 f  B. develop new friendship6 M7 r# o* c  s! \( r/ e
  C. Increase the sense of loneliness
/ e) R9 {" Z1 o- l2 `1 o! k  D. reduce the sense of loneliness
1 Y) @/ [) B7 V3 q( N- q+ i  45. According to John Cacioppo at the University of Chicago, loneliness can_______.$ g/ t" M8 T2 p
  A. result in aggressiveness7 E& _& i. G0 U; W0 o7 ~, s& A
  B. Cause people to be overprotective0 F" b3 m: u- E) I9 N
  C. Infect social networks
3 Q7 e- r7 l2 @1 a0 d% r. u  D. Push people to the verge of poverty% _  K  q6 m6 J& b+ W& n. ~, j$ j
  Passage Four; @6 _0 Z! f7 M# O$ v" P
  California has a new program called the Digital Textbook Initiative. "Starting this fall with high school math and science, we will be the first state in the nation to provide schools with a state-approved list of digital textbooks." That was Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in June. talking about his effort to get schools to use materials available free online. He listed reasons why he thinks digital textbooks make sense.) E: o; U* `1 a! \- R/ U, n: D: G
  California approves traditional textbooks in six-year cycles. Digital ones can offer the latest information. They lighten the load of school bags. They save paper and tress, and make learning more fun and interactive. And above all, he said they help schools with their finances." u3 y  H8 |4 N- R
  The state has had to make severe cuts in school spending because of deep financial problems. More than six million students attend California public schools.
7 j7 M3 j7 m2 q9 ^  Earlier this year, California invited content developers to offer digital math and science materials for high schools. These had to meet at least 90% of the state's learning requirements. Specially trained teachers examined 16 textbooks and approved ten of them., N% u& \& D. r; ]! x
  Six of the ten were published by the CK12 Foundation, a nonprofit group that had been developing digital science and math books for about two years. The foundation paid teachers and other education professionals to write and edit them. The money came from a group financed by the Khosla Family.2 m) o' e) @7 b  y3 M, J! |
  California cannot require schools to use the digital textbooks. Individual school districts will have to decide for themselves.
9 b5 A7 u3 @9 U  Susan Martimo, a California Department of Education official, says she does not expect widespread use right away. He best guess is that some schools with a lot of technology will be the first to use them, but only in addition to their traditional books.
! p; G( b9 @1 T3 c: J  School administrators point out that the texts may be free online, but students need a way to access them. Not everyone has a computer or electronic reader. Schools could print out copies, but that would not help the environment. Also, there is the cost to train teachers to use digital textbooks effectively.- Y  R! r5 Y2 ]! m# p2 |" R
  46. The Digital Textbook Initiative __________.
* d( s+ O2 z& a7 C; i( m7 z  A. will probably take effect in six years
7 M8 C' o) _6 e7 G" A4 h  B. covers all the high school subjects
( h( `  Z, t6 c& D& B( _7 |2 K  C. has been approved by all states) n( n; X" |& s8 K3 A7 Y
  D. is advocated by California state governor
3 e1 m! W' y9 ]6 s' J& k6 H! s4 W; s3 ~7 g  47. The main reason for promoting digital textbooks is to ___________.$ _" y) r# }$ @
  A. help save money: m( q; i9 I5 q; ~* Q% v- I  v
  B. benefit the environment
; q" \* n1 J; `& ^3 X1 W+ Z- ~/ R, D  C. provide interesting materials
' F, N7 @8 k9 B8 o* U  D. reduce students' heavy burden
7 h5 t. ^" u5 i. A, N3 S3 R  48. The digital textbooks were approved by __________.! U- S4 W& V. ?) N' ^7 s1 `7 {$ Y0 I
  A. trained teachers      B. content developers" F2 ?+ x/ e) ]4 _2 a
  C. Khosla Family      D. Ck12 Foundation
  d& U* f: p: ^3 w  49. According to Susan Martimo, digital textbooks ____________.
6 z. J' j2 y! I& `8 [7 Y) d& G# F# x  A. are not likely to have a widespread use
, u  u+ d6 R4 k6 ]4 y" `5 U& q4 `  B. will soon replace traditional ones
) ?8 C* z3 {/ w4 O5 ~  C. will first be adopted by well-equipped schools, j; p: X) K- `' X9 f% J
  D. are certain to be approved by school districts
; D2 {* V- e: J+ M0 L  50. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that __________.
% a+ i1 o$ k6 x: y+ D( p  A. schools are reluctant to print out copies
1 W5 ?+ L! g2 `, b; }  B. the use of digital textbooks is not really free
( Y$ P! V7 [7 E0 N: B0 J  b  C. students need to pay for computers# z  T) `8 T  p( p  f
  D. training teachers to use the textbooks is not efficient
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:24 , Processed in 0.221230 second(s), 21 queries .