立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 272|回复: 0

[考试试题] 在职攻读教育硕士学位英语词汇题详解(八)(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-13 14:20:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  156. Evidence obtained from observation and experiment is often used to _____ a scientific theory.& z. O. j, `3 b7 K- \" x
  A. confirm B. confine C. conform D. conceive2 n5 a, n' X! O8 n
  [答案]A. confirm.
# j9 R1 c- B3 P  [注释] confirm(=support; make certain; give proof of)证实,确实:1)Please confirm your telephone message in writing.(请把你电话中所说的话再用文字复述一篇。) 2)The king confirmed that the election would be on June 20th.(国王确认,这次选择将于六月二十日举行。)/ Z( e$ ], Z" Q1 l$ h
  confine...to把......限制于:Please confine your remarks to the subject we are talking about.(请把你的话限止于我们正在谈论的题目。)conform (to)使一致,符合,遵守。Conceive 1)想到,想出:He very quickly conceived a new plan.[注意]conceive of想象:They could not conceive of the possibility of failure.(他们不能想象失败的可能。)) A; g) G4 z1 P6 C
  157. Political parties often differ in their views on various _____ concerning their own countries.  s% v( x' {2 ~/ T+ h  |
  A. ways B. measures C. issues D. patterns3 J' D. n/ H. \, U0 y5 m) ~
  [答案]c. issues.
7 ?: J7 E; W3 F% O, m( G  [注释]issue此处意为“重大问题”。measure措施,虽然填入本题也说得过去,但不够贴切。pattern模式,图案,图样。与题意不符,不能入选。way 方法,方式。
( k: C# B- G2 ^* `  158. _____ his knowledge of the mountainous country, John Smith was appointed as our guide.5 _3 t) u+ @- _+ w5 y
  A. In spite of B. On account of
& K: D% \0 r% h, `  C. Regardless of D. Instead of( U/ l7 A( C% i. t
  [答案]B. On account of
- w- z: g; X5 C  [注释]on account of(=because of)由于,因为。regardless of(=without worrying about)不顾;Regardless of danger, he climbed the tower.9 |8 Y2 R. N- i: `: P
  159. The lawyer was expected to _____ some proposals after reading all those documents.
' l; h1 u4 H0 {1 G0 q1 F  A. come up with B. put up with5 t2 c! A' i3 @; C6 z
  C. look up to D. keep up with+ F! J: o3 B# G
  [答案]A. come up with.
+ @  C8 g9 ]9 f6 ~  [注释]come up with提出。参阅Ⅲ,33。注释。Put up with忍受;keep up with跟上,与......保持一致;look up to尊敬。
5 _- |- W$ @/ }( o8 r6 l6 O& S# W  160. While typing, Helen has a habit of stopping _____ to give her long and flowing hair a smooth.
# {& F2 z! z! s6 F  A. occasionally B. simultaneously
) H, v7 @; ]. N  C. eventually D. directly
5 s9 e4 I) _" T/ p  [答案]A. occasionally.
# w% ]- m/ _/ N( r8 E" Q2 A  U  [注释]occasionally 偶尔。参阅IV。137注释。Simultaniously同时地; directly直接
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 02:40 , Processed in 0.144523 second(s), 21 queries .