QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 68|回复: 0

[四级词汇语法] 英语四级词汇:2011大学英语四级《分类突破词汇》(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 00:30:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  动词短语 专练(1)
! z( ^# r% ?  k7 v- q7 H. c  1. When she heard the bad news, she ______ completely.4 E8 m; a7 x. a, V' m2 J" Q$ J
  A) broke away B) broke out  y1 M: P& d. ]/ u' w
  C) broke down D) broke through0 c5 [! B. ^$ J5 n
  2. When John was nineteen he ______ going around with a strange set of people and staying out very late.
8 ?0 C8 r* \! b6 a  A) took to B) took up- k. U+ ?% T) s$ P: I
  C) took for D) took on
- x+ s9 T  p# ^, @8 T" w. F  3. After Marry and Jane covered 25 kilometers that day, their legs under them ______.; L# N- z, Y% H  ?' [1 x7 s
  A) gave in B) gave off0 `( ~1 S# l9 t0 `) E
  C) gave out D) gave away1 Y, Z8 }0 I; o+ _! ^8 p! \
  4. To my surprise, at yesterday’s meeting he again ______ the plan that had been disapproved a month before.& W. y/ w2 N8 w" S% E8 m* G4 c
  A) brought up B) brought on
/ C$ {# M; P* a' \: c  C) brought in D) brought about
( B7 m, D7 ]. X  5. Truth is something proven by experiment, so nothing should be ______.
6 r$ Q2 S, l( `; c/ z) d0 L+ e  A) born in mind B) taken into consideration  X6 Z4 M* @) z" S: j' h! y
  C) put up with D) taken for granted
# M3 R! Y2 g" S  F3 }  [答案与精解]
: w" s7 N/ f0 S- h; I7 E$ s  1. C- l" ?. Y) V/ w) m% e* g0 o3 b
  当她听到这个坏消息时,她完全崩溃了。
4 z' Q; Q/ T1 l9 `1 b% A  C)break down意为“体力和心力的衰弱或丧失”。A)break away(from)意为逃离。 The criminal broke away from the policemen who were holding him.这个罪犯从关押他的警察那儿逃走了。B)break out意为突然发生,爆发。D)break through意为“突破(围墙,障碍物等),出现”。 如:It was a cloudy day, but the sun at last broke through. 乌云密布,但太阳最终还是钻出云层。4 c3 h2 ^' ?; e
  2. A- M+ Y5 \6 P4 w3 h4 [7 {
  约翰19岁时就和一群陌生人混在一起,很晚不回家。6 D. X. {) p' A# e
  take to 沉湎于:John’s taken to drinking too much lately. 最近约翰过于沉溺于饮酒。B) take up从事于;(活动,事件)占去(时间);C) take for 把……当作:I’m not going to help you to steal a car; what do you take me for? 你把我当成什么样的人? 把(某人)错看成(别人):I took you for Mrs. Brown when I saw you this morning. 今天早上看到你时我把你错当成布朗太太了。D) take on 承担;聘用。7 w1 Q. O0 y: N2 t9 L- c$ t
  3C
( l# n/ ?  O3 o! D  玛丽和简那天走了25公里,她们的腿都没有劲了。
+ M2 J) F; H" X* r3 d2 p. r  give out ①(人)体力不支:Tom’s legs gave out and he couldn’t run any further. 汤姆的腿没劲了,他再也跑不动了。②=run out被用完,耗尽,没有了:We must go home, our money has given out. 我们必须回家了,我们的钱已经花完了。③ 分发,散发:Give out the examination papers.分发考试卷。A)give in让步,屈服:Don’t give in to his opinions. 别对他的意见让步。B)give off发散,放出(光、热、汽):The roses gave off a nice smell. 那玫瑰发散着芬芳。D)give away赠送;泄露:He has given away all his money to the beggar. 他把所有的钱都给了乞丐。 
, g  P$ l5 _2 J  4. A- a# V  Y7 `: L) c2 t
  让我吃惊的是,在昨天的会议上他竟又一次提出一个月前已被否决的计划。
6 A4 Y# i+ v. _  A)bring up 除了“抚养,教育”之意外,如:to bring up children;还有“提出,引起注意”之意。同“to raise or introduce (a subject)”,“call attention to”, 如:bring up the question of unemployment 提出失业问题;B)bring on,意为 “lead to, (help to)produce”, 产生,引起,导致 Going out in the rain brought on a fever. 冒雨外出因而发烧。bring on还可作“帮助,进展”讲。More study should bring on your English.多下功夫,你的英语会进步。C) bring in意为 “introduce”,介绍,提出。往往强调是第一次。To bring in a bill in Parliament在国会提出议案。D)bring about =cause to happen, 引起,导致,致使。如:The developments in science and technology have brought about many changes in our lives。科技的发展给我们的生活带来了许多变化。
% j/ m" y+ e3 ^' R6 x  5. D/ W2 ?# l0 s! F
  [注释]真理是经实验证明的东西,所以什么都不能想当然。take something/someone for granted 认为……理所当然:I took it for granted that new roads should be built. 我认为我们建新的公路是理所当然的。A)bear/keep sth in mind 牢记在心:I’ll always bear what he has done for me in mind. 我永远也不会忘记他为我所做的一切。B)take sth into consideration=take sth into account=consider 考虑:The teacher promised to take the students’ needs into full consideration in his teaching. 老师保证说在他的教学中会充分考虑学生的需求。C)put up with=bear=stand 容忍,忍受:That’s the kind of rude behavior that I just will not put up with! 我就是无法忍受那种粗鲁的行为。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 00:18 , Processed in 0.187344 second(s), 21 queries .