QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 93|回复: 0

[四级词汇语法] 2011英语四级考试语法讲义:几个本地常见的句式

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 00:30:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  有没有写过像下面这样的句子:' e# g# e- U: x$ b/ g7 n: F5 e
  “Due to growth in business, we now have the following career opportunities to offer to the right candidates.”
, j& b5 Y" [6 O% M/ n: E  &“Due to expansion, we have a number of vacancies within our Singapore operation and are seeking to recruit technicians.”! c0 E; k; _: l
  这两个常常可以见到的句子都很好,很清楚。我要谈谈的只是“due to”的位置问题。7 X1 a: O9 v* E* n7 I) |0 ~
  严格地说,“due to”不管是当“由于”或“应归于”解,都不放在句前,而要出现在句后,最好是在“Be”之后,如:  Z$ R+ O: E+ e
  ① The company's problems are due to bad management and staff shortage., o6 P6 F* I4 s# r% F1 j4 q
  ② Some staff came late, due to traffic congestion.% I/ u1 i8 J( o( a
  如果要“由于”出现在句前也行,但要用“due to”的同义词“owing to, because of, on account of”,甚至“thanks to”。因此,文前的两句话和下面两句都最好改一改:
+ a- n/ P. B2 U, p% _  ③ Due to their outward appearance, American Chinese are still considered Chinese. (→ Because of)
  x# c2 A/ e( i. L- ]  ④ Due to the opening up of China's economy, many people have been going there to do business. (→On account of)" f) Q8 X+ g7 ]: R# y
  另一个本地常见的句式是:“The reason is because……”,如:
4 G5 |# c8 r) O7 s  ⑤ Janet cannot speak Mandarin well. The reason is because she has not learned it properly.1 Q9 Z( f' Y7 Y. v
  根据句子结构,上面这话的主句是“The reason is”,后面的分句应该是名词性的才适合当接系动词“is”的补足语(complement)。因此,最好把原因副词分句“because she has not learned it properly”改为名词分句(noun clause):
6 ]2 i' M! |6 g' G# `3 z  The reason is that she has not learned it properly., {$ t& b: E* `! ]9 ^5 T: O
  不然就要调整句式如下:
; E- Z- ^. w4 d  ⑥ Janet cannot speak Mandarin well because she has not learned it properly.
  @5 i8 t* V+ Y" S: \  ⑦ The reason why Janet cannot speak Mandarin well is that she has not learned it properly.
. r; R5 j! u8 B& k  最后一个渐渐见到的句式和从属连词(Subordinating conjunction)“because”有关。
+ ~' i. n, N( Y8 M  习惯上,由“because”引发的原因副词分句(adverb clause of reason)要在主句之后出现,如上述第⑥句;又如:. C3 E6 b* j: }% j
  ⑧ The students carried out demonstrations because the government was corrupted.
" T- Y5 r/ \9 a  但是用美式英语者偶尔倒过来写:
& s( O7 f# x' t+ r9 m  “Because the government was corrupted, the students carried out demonstrations.”
! o& s) D, g9 c! I; T5 x  一般上,这里的“because”可由“as, since, now that”取代,如下:2 m/ S+ p( m; O: u9 h5 C: F( K1 E
  ⑨ As the government was corrupted, the students carried out demonstrations.
2 h8 _7 V! y* A) ?* Y+ |" G( \* J/ \1 B9 B  ⑩ Since Sam was the best candidate, he got the job.. w  o" {6 h1 R8 Y& n: L
  (11) Now that the business has grown, we have the following career opportunities to offer to suitable applicants.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 00:17 , Processed in 2.510803 second(s), 21 queries .