只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 56|回复: 0

[四级词汇语法] 英语四级考试语法ON的妙用

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 00:30:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
前后举了不少有关“at”和“in”引导的介词短语。欲罢不能,现在举些由“on”引导的,使大家的介词短语更丰富起来。
1 j8 t$ T2 _% q' V1 ~( x: |  (1) On the air:在广播中2 M3 K9 q: o; t. T$ n: O! q
  The Prime Minister's National Day speech was broadcast live and will be on the air again.+ ?' L2 d' o6 d
  (2) On balance:权衡轻重之后
) l! X6 c8 ?4 g& Y" F2 f  Our national football feam sometimes won but sometimes lost. On balance, it has had a quite good track record.# p8 {4 Z3 c4 D0 l- b; o! B
  (3) On the dole:接受福利金; ^- I3 S9 ~" m; c% U
  In the West, unemployed workers can still survive if they are on the dole./ v: ~2 E" E- y$ \& F
  (4) On an even keel:平稳的
+ V# V. O3 A4 X1 {. r  The grocery business has experienced a tough period, but it is back on an even keel.
( Z. Q; h. ~0 j. ^1 \  (5) On the loose:不受拘束的" Y9 R1 {- ^! U6 {& Y) b
  According to some newspaper reports, a big tiger is on the loose in an outlying island.' p: K9 c! T5 B7 ^  o9 x. Z; R
  (6) On the make:热衷于追求名利! ^: G5 t2 s9 x! a0 }3 U
  Among your friends, do you have some continually on the make?
- ~7 L0 E9 ]% {1 j$ k: J  (7) On the mend:病情在好转件4 H7 m/ |/ }0 u5 b2 z+ e& }9 F9 j
  When I saw Mike last time, he was quite ill, but he is now said to be on the mend.
" F8 s0 n5 K: c. w- g7 F/ J: w  (8) On the move :在活动中3 C+ \& C- J- I4 S) A! P9 j/ d7 T4 Y
  A good friend of mine has been on the move in and out of the country, trying to find business to do.
5 _8 N1 t  k, ~" S  (9) On a par with:……和……平等* f/ I; N  Q' y) H) y1 w
  The flowers in that garden are pretty, but I am not sure if they are on a par with yours.: W4 i# X" P: ~; g2 z5 a+ ?" {
  (10) On the quiet:秘密地8 j* Y$ S2 b" T8 p  x5 I: G5 q8 t) v
  Some foreign students have been making money on the quiet during school holidays.
0 F! P$ M6 l7 ~9 g% S  (11) On the rocks:遭受失败
! r' G$ k9 p  e( j  His ill-fated attempt has landed itself on the rocks.
, Z& N- M3 s' C, l/ C  (12) on the run:在逃跑中
& ~/ |* a5 ~' k  One kidnapper has been arrested, but others are still on the run.
! O4 D9 z, B& W3 k  (13) On a shoestring:小本经营地
. X' [- |- V# ?6 I  R8 K  Xiao Lei ran his business on a shoestring before it was expanded.8 S; V7 {7 g" n7 B3 p2 I% ~# D% p% n
  (14) On the side:作为兼职( i1 |# B  o& B! b7 K
  Some low-income people have to take up a second job on the side.
# D, e8 m7 ^( {. o; m" {, L9 S, w  (15) On the sly:秘密地;偷偷地6 k9 Z# N, F; m; P
  Smoking was prohibited in school, but some students did it on the sly or in the lavatory.4 }( h' W8 e" p' D4 @6 H- |
  (16) On the spot:当场;立即" k8 O% ^  y# ~+ C  [! i$ F. |$ C
  When an adult shoplifter is caught on the spot, he or she will be sent to prison.
9 o6 B7 ?9 \) E2 I9 l( v( z1 E  (17) On tenterhooks:提心吊胆
9 g$ L# P$ ]/ ?$ m3 T+ K  Those waiting for the outcome of university admission are on tenterhooks beyond their control.) H/ Q+ p. ~% F+ w; S( ]
  (18) On the rack:极度焦虑不安
# B8 ]6 D6 @* y) E0 {  When the doctor did not say anything after seeing the patient, the patiant felt somewhat on the rack.5 T( j2 p0 [! @1 C( `3 ^, ]. N# R
  (19) On tap:随时可得到的
& }+ Y3 b% x3 H$ {% ^* P  The director has a wide circle of friends who are on tap when needed." R; [6 W) v" @9 ]: p" n
  (20) On the cards :有可能重现的
; P# |; p, H9 R: _/ N% K  Unconfirmed news has it that a new university could be on the cards.
% h  @8 M. R5 J1 t) Y' W  (21) On edge:紧张;着急;
+ F6 Q: L  Z7 r5 x1 e) g+ w! t  When the small boy could not see his mother in the crowd, he was on edge and cried.
. l( K8 h  x! i3 f2 ~8 h  (22) On call:待命9 h4 `$ r% H4 J& N
  The company car is always on call to take the Chief Executive Officer to meetings
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 15:52 , Processed in 0.491692 second(s), 21 queries .