立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 65|回复: 0

[四级阅读] 四级英语学习:10种埋没潜能的生活方式01

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 00:37:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Harp on the past instead of focusing on the present.
; {2 T. `" }! ?5 y) W* n1 E7 _总是旧事重提,而不着眼当下。
- F6 J* l8 E/ w+ X      Some people spend their lives living in the past.  They lament about what has been, what they could have done, and why they didn't do that.  However, the past is the past, and no matter how much time we spend thinking and lamenting about it, it doesn't change anything.  To spend time moping about what has been is to waste the person you can be.3 o( S. @$ T5 L( A
      有些人总是活在过去的时光里。他们为时过境迁而悲伤,为曾经的辉煌而伤神,为未竟的事业而悔恨。但是,过去已然过去,无论我们用了多久来哀叹,它也不会有任何改变。浪费时间为了过去的事情而郁郁寡欢,会毁掉本来的你。% ~* `6 c$ f1 M0 Q3 j
      There were times in the past when I wondered how things would have been if I did X instead of Y.  Or if I did Z instead of Y.  However, after that I'd ask myself, "How would this change anything?"  Me sitting here and thinking about the past does absolutely nothing to change things and improve my life.  Instead, it is only by thinking forward and taking action that I'm able to live a truly fulfilling life.
! D0 b/ j( x) T+ f# p; w$ @' n      在过去,有些时候我也会想如果我做了这件事而没做那件事,结果会怎样。可之后,我便会问自己,"这会做何改变么?"我坐在这,沉浸在往日时光中,完全无法改变什么,也不能让我的生活更好。而只有一心向前并积极行动,我才会过拥有一个真正有意义的生活。5 `2 v7 U0 Y$ t* M5 k6 ]: `
      What kind of future do you want to create? What actions can you take to create this ideal future?  What have you learned from the past that will help you in this journey?  Asking and acting on questions like these will help you to maximize your present moment so you can live your best life going forward.  For some practical guidance on living in the present, I recommend The Power of Now.
! m  Q0 T. q) U      你想要什么样的未来?你想做些什么来得到这个理想生活?你从过去得到了什么教训可以助你一路前行?探索并实践这样的问题,就会帮助你延伸当下的一刻,你会向前并得到美好的生活。如果想得到更多关于如何活在当下的建议,请参阅《The Power of Now》一书。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 06:51 , Processed in 0.220889 second(s), 21 queries .