立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 41|回复: 0

[四级模拟] 2011年英语四级阅读理解模拟题及解析a

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 09:52:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Americans are proud of their variety and individualty, yet they love and respect few things more than a uniform. Why are uniforms so __1__ in the United States?- ~. C; s. u; A* v9 z( N! w" N5 I
  Among the arguments for uniforms, one of the first is that in the eyes of most people they look more __2__ than civilian(百姓的) clothes. People have become conditioned to __3__ superior quality from a man who wears a uniform. The television repairman who wears a uniform tends to __4__ more trust than one who appears in civilian clothes. Faith in the __5__ of a garage mechanic is increased by a uniform. What an easier way is there for a nurse, a policeman, a barber, or a waiter to __6__ professional identity(身份) than to step out of uniform? Uniforms also have many __7__ benefits. They save on other clothes. They save on laundry bills. They are often more comfortable and more durable than civilian clothes.- p5 |- ^: K# t+ C+ }/ |8 w
  Primary among the arguments against uniforms is their lack of variety and the consequent loss of __8__ experienced by people who must wear them. Though there are many types of uniforms, the wearer of any particular type is generally stuck with it, without __9__, until retirement. When people look alike, they tend to think, speak, and act __10__, on the job at least.( R/ t. O6 G  d3 l
  [A]skill
% J, {4 x7 U7 F- `" V% ?9 M# g. k  [B]popular8 u6 r, h2 M  I1 w& g% h; O
  [C]get
4 z' v4 \1 i5 u8 r. K% S  [D]change  }! T& Z; S; g8 {7 ^/ i
  [E]similarly
/ R/ ]6 v0 o: X7 Y3 U/ ]  [F]professional2 G! S- T- @. Q' ?
  [G]character4 g$ Q. F. ^3 @6 u0 z
  [H]individuality
, r# C. C0 }3 m) l% X  [I]inspire
* a6 n3 B& P5 Q  [J]differently, j! m7 P7 V5 s. W- {2 @- C7 t
  [K]expect
# J* h/ f4 v$ j  [L]practical' v8 [: ^+ X2 a4 U
  [M]recall
9 K6 |# q6 x$ \7 ?9 l  o& J  [N]lose
$ x! H0 a3 s. D6 s# l0 H" S" Y6 g  [O]ordinary
7 Q) X  V2 j/ F: @2 k& I# O* h  1.选B)。从文章的第一句they love and respect few thins more than a uniform“他们又无比热爱和崇尚制服”,说明了制服在美国很受欢迎。因此选项B)popular符合原文意思。选项中的professional“职业的”、practical“实用的”和ordinary“普通的,平常的”都不符合第一段的意思。/ B1 z& w! R" e
  2.选F)。此处应填形容词。从more...than civilian clothes可知,此处要填的形容词意思与civilian相对,说明制服的特点。选项中的形容词中只有professional“职业的”和civilian相对的,故F)正确。而pratical“实用的”和ordinary“平常的”意思都不能和civilian对应,故排除。1 E, A% b5 n4 y5 Z# u9 s
  3.选K)。由be conditioned to do sth.“习惯于”可知,此处应填动词原形。从前面的look more“看起来更...”和后面的tend to“倾向于”可知,这段要说明的是人们的主观印象,应填入表示“期望(得到)”的单词,只有K)expect符合原文语气。选项中get“得到”与上下文的语气不符合。
4 j# v+ X" F$ Z+ Y# o& E: V# Q$ o$ B" ]  4.选I)。此处应填动词原形。从原文中“人们习惯...从穿制服的人那儿得到优质服务。”可知,人们更信任穿制服的人,即制服能使人产生信任感。选项中的动词原形中只有inspire“使产生”符合文章。
) @: j7 O: @* Q; ?4 b& A  5.选A)。此处应填名词。前面两句表达了人们对穿制服的人更加信任的意思,那么对于garage mechanic“汽车修理工”来说,人们信任的是它的技术,而不是人品,故选项中只有A)skill符合原文意思。
) q/ j0 ?+ Z# \4 \  6.选N)。此处应填动词。...step out of uniform“脱掉制服”是对护士、警察等来说是......职业身份的很简单的方式。脱下制服就是失去了职业身份,由此可以推知此处应填N)lose。
" A% J' z- ~! F4 T. O+ f  7.选L)。此处应填形容词,说明制服的其他有点。从下文“...节省购买其他衣服的开销,节省洗衣费用,比便服更舒适也更耐穿”可知,制服除了增加信任感还有实际的优点。选项中的pratical“实用的”和ordinary“平常的”,很明显L)pratical符合原文意思。, Y) G, x& m, N9 N* F! ]) t
  8.选H)。此处应填名词。文章手段就说“美国人为自己的多元化和个性化感到高傲无比,然而他们又无比热爱和崇尚制服”,其中包含制服使他们失去自己的个性的意思,那么联系第一段,此处指出的制服的缺点即为失去个性,故选项H)individuality正确。individuality强调与他人特点的区别,而character指的是个人特定的内在本质。/ b( m* ^! h  q+ u( r1 K' \
  9.选D)。此处应填名词。前面说制服让人失去了个性,虽然有很多种制服,但穿上制服的人直至退休都是那件制服,所有是没有变化的,故此处应填change,故D)正确。7 o3 V' {; v6 j2 f2 G# ~
  10.选E)。此处应填副词,修饰动词act。前面指出...look alike,they tend to...,说明此处填的词和alike意思相近。选项种副词有similarly和differently,很明显,E)similarly与alike意思相近,故选E)。 rld leaders 66 D) How rich countries can better help poor regions reduce climate hazards六 完形填空部分67 D ) to 68 C ) specific 69 A ) key 70 B ) different 71 B ) prevent 72 A ) in 73 C ) focus 74 A ) over 75 C ) rather 76 B ) consumed 77 A ) vital 78 C ) amazed 79 B ) contain 80 B ) interact 81 C ) on 82 D ) up 83 B ) fill 84 C ) avoid 85 D ) doubt 86 C ) impact六 翻译部分87. nor did they make any explanation/ nor did they explain why 88. could be assigned to another task 89. at the risk of his own life/ risking his own life 90. it turned out that his assistant answered the phone/ it was his assistant who answered the call. 91. his father talked/ persuaded him intofocus 74 A ) over 75 C ) rather 76 B ) consumed 77 A ) vital 78 C ) amazed 79 B ) contain 80 B
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 06:42 , Processed in 0.259750 second(s), 21 queries .