QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 94|回复: 0

[四级词汇语法] 2012年12月大学英语四级考试专项练习(词汇)01

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 09:56:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年12月大学英语四级考试专项练习(词汇)01
8 T/ [1 U% y+ J* t4 T  ?  The typical pre-industrial family not only had a good many children, but numerous other dependents as well---grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousions. Such "extended" families were suited for survival in slow paced __1__ societies. But such families are hard to __2__. They are immobile.
0 i: g3 {" E% N4 O1 V/ Q       Industrialism demanded masses of workers ready and able to move off the land in pursuit of jobs, and to move again whenever necessary. Thus the extended family __3__ shed its excess weight and the so-called "nuclear" family emerged---a stripped-down, portable family unit __4__ only of parents and a small set of children. This new style family, far more __5__ than the traditional extended family, became the standard model in all the industrial counties. Super-industrialism, however, the next stage of eco-technological development, __6__ even higher mobility. Thus we may expect many among the people of the future to carry the streamlinling process, a step further by remaining children, cutting the family down to its more __7__ components, aman and a woman. Two people, perhaps with matched careers, will prove more efficient at navigating through education and social status, through job changes and geographic relocations, than teh ordinarily child-cluttered family.0 i; n2 B' V! Q( `
       A __8__ may be the postponement of children, rather than childlessness. Men and women today are often torn in __9__ between a commitment to career and a commitment to children. In the future, many __10__ will sidestep this problem by deferring the entire task of raising children until after retirement.4 `/ w$ c# h2 @8 Y8 D

. w5 T) |  v9 |5 ~* P) C* F" xA)transplant   B)solution      C)gadually        D)transport
/ i5 C3 n4 E9 b; ]% l0 F. ~' dE)elemental    F)conflict        G)continually    H)mobile , Z, d, c/ t7 I  q9 ?
I)couples        J)agricultural  K)including       L)compromise
8 N  m( x" `: b# C( [M)requires      N)primary       O)consisting  3 X) o# j) E# D
答案:* Z' m/ C8 [6 c9 ^/ @
1. 选J)。此处应填形容词,修饰名次societies。文章第一句就说The typical pre-industrial family...“工业化之前的典型家庭模式......”, 即“extended" family存在于工业化之前的社会,即agricultural society。故J)正确。选项中的primary”最初的,原始的“不符合原文意思。考试用书
- a& o# ^' s) L8 v1 R8 d, ~& H4 G' O4 R- D
2. 选A)。由be hard to do sth.可知,此处应填动词原形。They are immobile“这样的家庭很难流动”,这说明这样的家庭are hard to...,选项中由transplant和transport两个动词原形,前者指的是“迁居,迁移”,后者指的是运输,不难推断前者符合原文意思,故A)transplant正确。  `" Z% i7 }$ ?0 g! e7 [2 e
3 y5 s7 Z/ C" z0 t/ h% X* p2 p
3. 选C)。因为这句话的句子结构完整,固此处应填副词。选项中的副词有gradually和continually,原文中...and the so-called "nuclear" family emerged.所谓的“核心家庭”便出现了“,emerge的意思是“浮现" ,强调经过一个过程后出现的。由此可以判断,这句话坏死说明核心家庭从无到有逐渐出现,而不是连续不断地出现,故选择C)gradually>中 华 考 试 网
- U% s- ~& ~" V, B; y8 R4 P' b4 r* y3 {+ B1 B& e7 R# C. m
4. 选O)。该句可拆分理解,即a family unit... of parents and a smell set of children "一个家庭单元......父母和不多的孩子“,由此可以推出这里要填的词是表示”包含,由......组成“的。选项中的including和consisting均可以表示此意,但由原文中的of可排除including,consist of为固定刺诸,故O)为正确答案。
4 H7 [+ M8 a' l7 n/ C6 J% U! S# z. J4 j3 g
5. 选H)。从原文中的more...than可知,此处应填形容词,构成形容词的比较级结构。由第一段最后一句可知the traditional extended family是immobile,那么新型的家庭模式比旧的因该是更有流动性,故应选H)mobile,说明新型的家庭模式的优点。
2 o2 V3 H8 d8 m0 k7 n1 u" h+ K  j
6. 选M)。此处应填动词,作这句话的谓语。Super-industrialism“(更发达的)超级工业化”......更具流动性的家庭。可推知空格处应填表示“需要,需求”的词。requires表示出自一种迫切的需要而提出的要求,很明显选择M)requires。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:31 , Processed in 0.598302 second(s), 21 queries .