只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 45|回复: 0

[四级阅读] 英语四级阅读考试训练(三)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:00:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  作者对某人/某事的态度. v  y) b7 A' ^+ {6 G
  解题技巧
8 j  p2 N: |7 O% `6 Q& N  作者对于文中人或物的感情色彩是阅读理解题目的常考点。作者的态度或褒或贬或中立,或关心或不在意,或喜欢或厌恶,或坚信或怀疑。在以第一人称行文的文章中,应留意那些可以直接表示作者态度的动词(doubt,appreciate,concern等)。在以一种客观论述的手法行文的文章中,应特别注意形容词和副词等暗含作者态度的词汇。一些特殊句式(祈使句,疑问句,感叹句)本身也包含作者的态度。7 D: c+ w; n, X! E! {& o: F
  练习:
# {7 d1 L8 M+ ~. s& |9 I+ Z  As soon as it was revealed that a reporter for Progressive magazine had discovered how to make a hydrogen bomb, a group of firearm fans formed the National Hydrogen Bomb Association, and they are now lobbying against any legislation to stop Americans from owning one.2 Y" t* i/ v  ?0 S/ |4 q) C. x
  “The Constitution,” said the association’s spokesman, “gives everyone the right to own arms. It doesn’t spell out what kind of arms. But since anyone can now make a hydrogen bomb, the public should be able to buy it to protect themselves.”
9 K" o/ h7 z$ A5 k. i. D- y1 ?- O  “Don't’ you think it’s dangerous to have one in the house, particularly where there are children around?”' }% f- m7 }9 I7 ?/ @% I  N
  “The National Hydrogen Bomb Association hopes to educate people in the safe handling of this type of weapon. We are instructing owners to keep the bomb in a locked cabinet and the fuse separately in a drawer.
& A% d! }- D' m3 o* I( M  “Some people consider the hydrogen bomb a very fatal weapon which could kill somebody.”
( t# e/ L4 H8 a; t) x3 M0 E! h' h2 d  The spokesman said, “Hydrogen bombs don’t kill people ----people kill people. The bomb is for self-protection and it also has a deterrent effect. If somebody knows you have a nuclear weapon in your house, they’re going to think twice about breaking in.”, \- i' r' ~* u2 l2 C" C( B1 a
  “But those who want to ban the bomb for American citizens claim that if you have one locked in the cabinet, with the fuse in a drawer, you would never be able to assemble it in time to stop an intruder.”
' @, L# K; g4 w- p% h) l  “Another argument against allowing people to own a bomb is that at the moment it it very expensive to build one. So what your association is backing is a program which would allow the middle and upper classes to acquire a bomb while poor people will be left defenseless with just handguns.”1 c/ t4 r/ d4 `) u. {  H/ |( ^
  Q:From the tone of the passage we know that the author is ________
& E% O; `- n( @5 G) A  A. doubtful about the necessity of keeping H-bombs at home for safety3 G) M4 Y7 \2 \6 Y3 G
  B. unhappy with those who vote against the ownership of H-bombs
+ @, ?( j  V" Q# I5 D$ J  C. not serious about the private ownership of H-bombs% r' s# c  o' x% _) f" K' R" l) \% T
  D. concerned about the spread of unclear weapons.7 ^  d+ m$ o9 f# n
  选D。本文大篇幅文字都是引用正反两方的观点,没表示作者自己的态度,只能说明作者对此事是关注的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 07:13 , Processed in 0.346726 second(s), 21 queries .