立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 44|回复: 0

[四级阅读] 2011年英语四级阅读备考材料(22)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:00:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  On my arrival in America, the one thing I noticed more than anything else was the , 11 amount of advertising that went on,—on the radio, on television, on billboard and signposts, and in magazines. In the last three years, I have become accustomed to this fact in American life, for I believe that it is a creative and necessary part of an industrial 12 .1, too, want to improve my life-style and to buy better products, so I 13 to advertising to show me how to do it.   Deciding what to believe in advertising, however, isn't easy. It seems to me that a person must 14 things with a lot of care. As a consumer, I want to get the best for my money, but I really have to understand the techniques of advertising. Otherwise, manufacturers will be able to sell me anything, no matter what its quality may be.
( I1 ]* A. _* ^$ i0 F2 P+ v  More and more people are becoming 15 , like me, of the ways in which advertising can affect them. The creative aspects of commercials, for instance, often cover up defects or problems in products. I have learned this well, since I have made purchases and lost money because the 16 were of poor quality.
- g3 `9 X& {7 @$ L; F! g& L  The future of advertising will most likely involve a much greater 17 of
' a1 d6 ?# I  v3 g- p/ r- s  public participation. I intend to become involved in consumer groups that want to5 R: H( R) ~) K6 `- R% U5 W
  18 people from misleading advertising. But I also want to see Americans& G, _8 ]8 W  H2 X, x
  keep their high 19 of living in the process. In the future, if consumers like  r8 z2 a8 F$ e  Z
  me really care about the quality of something as well as the quantity, 20. k& Q. ?, W5 q2 [' e
  advertisers will begin to care more about what they are trying to sell.& }/ Y3 z6 k& _5 n& a; y9 n
  A. consequent B. protect C. standards D. tremendous
& Y/ j( J! Q: B) H5 w+ y+ N8 c( [  E. grade F. society G. degree H. look中华考试网(www.Examw。com)
6 X+ P5 V3 i, {( I1 e7 y0 O  I. protest J. items K. purchase L. association
5 H/ C2 f. L# I9 B  M. conscious N. maybe 0. whereas
: [: Z" C; o, @" a# ^( p9 i. O  II. D 12. F 13. H 14. K 15. M 16. J 17. G 18. B 19. C 20. N
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 09:52 , Processed in 0.180443 second(s), 21 queries .