立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 31|回复: 0

[四级阅读] 2011年英语四级阅读备考材料(24)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:00:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  When we think of creative people the names that probably spring to mind are those of men such as Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso, i. e. great artists, inventors and scientists—a select and exceptionally gifted body of men with rare talent and genius. The tendency to regard creativity and imaginative thinking as the exclusive province of a lucky few disregards the creative and imaginative aspects in the solution of many of the tasks we regularly have to face—the discovery and development of new methods and techniques, the improvement of old methods, existing inventions and products. 外语学习网  Everyone has creative ability to some extent. Creative thinking involves posing oneself a problem and then originating or inventing a solution along new and unconventional lines. It involves drawing new analogies, discovering new combination, and/or new applications of things that are already known. It follows, then, that a creative person will exhibit great intellectual curiosity and imagination. He will be alert and observant with a great store of information which he will be able to sort out and combine in the solution of problems. He will be emotionally receptive to new and unconventional ideas and will be less interested in facts than in their implications. Most important of all he will be able to communicate uninhibitedly (无顾忌地 ) and will not be too concerned about other people's reaction to his apparently "crazy" notions. People called the Wright brothers mad but it did not stop them from becoming the first men to construct and fly a heavier-than-air craft.; N% t. s* r- k7 M5 J0 q
  26. The author believes that creative thinking_______.
  u$ O& N$ j5 T# r  a  A. is only possessed by great artists" o, c; v2 A$ ]
  B. requires rare talent and genius
: o+ D: j  E6 y- u) k" V. p9 }  C. is needed in the solution of many problems- x: @3 k2 e4 w5 J9 @' t
  D. belongs to a lucky few; ^2 e$ N( _6 F. A
  27. In order to solve scientific problems, people_______., {+ ^$ b' f7 K" }9 c- p
  A. should not be afraid of what others think& L* I* o. s  B1 D
  B. should be mad
/ p$ d7 R8 l5 y1 ^  ~, F  C. must possess crazy notions$ d0 y/ ]0 P! L, u1 t; O
  D. should have inhibitions9 |" u+ k  v8 x4 G
  28. Creative thinking involves_______.
* E! J: L7 n7 x* ^/ A5 a+ X2 T' T9 e  A. drawing new pictures of old things5 U1 W) q4 ]" u8 {* d6 w
  B. observing the actions of great people' t9 q( a- ?- H
  C. finding the problem and originating a solution0 y, n. o3 ?7 F
  D. discovering new emotions
$ u; k$ w5 j' ^5 c$ r  29. A creative person must look at facts _______.
2 H, v- z% R$ C- W  c$ x0 z8 f  A. for their face-value B. for what they imply中华考试网(www.Examw。com)
" T* a  \) V  X3 w& H  C. and remember them D. which are less interesting
0 k  Q" ~8 S6 i, S7 r  30. In the second paragraph, the word "unconventional" means_______.
6 E  k; a% ?# {7 v9 p, o5 |- K  A. not ordinary B. not political1 l) \# ]( i, D& B# m% y. s" R2 z
  C. unacceptable D. not creative
, G0 i- F& Y1 x7 N& \4 d& u' L  26. C 27. A 28. C 29. B 30. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 06:38 , Processed in 0.244813 second(s), 21 queries .