立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 25|回复: 0

[六级听力] 英语听力辅导:小短文的八种常见题型3

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:13:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
5、日常生活题   主要类型:  (1)说明文:汽车、电脑、服装、餐饮、书籍、宠物、旅游休闲等等       三个考点:       ① 开篇句会对其进行简介       ② 它的独特之处以及人们选择它的原因       ③ 它的未来趋势和变化  (2)议论文:代沟、辍学、上网、女权主义、健身运动等等       三个考点:       ① 提出论点       ② 正反两方的论点       ③ 总结
4 [& P- g3 `' R8 O& @: g
) c0 d6 v- F; n3 ^! M     6、灾难危机题型   六大类:环境污染;资源短缺;人口爆炸;交通问题;犯罪现象;吸毒、离婚、自杀等现象   三个考点:  (1)开篇句会提出一个社会热点问题,分析现象特点以及形成原因  (2)它的危害之处  (3)人们的解决办法, Y+ Y" f4 ]! P
: V2 A; D2 W6 R
   : j& W+ g3 e' k8 i
Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
5 I7 u6 p. N' F* b% W0 qSection A 0 ~+ r& M. |5 u0 P* V0 m2 g
Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A) , B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre. $ \* t8 f* Z2 }. S
Example: You will hear: & z! r* X  @9 Z1 f8 f
You will read: - l% i  i& L$ ~
A) 2 hours. + Z4 i! R/ i( J
B) 3 hours.
) u! y: V* g3 y4 c2 z( ~C) 4 hours.
- l5 Z: R4 z6 t4 KD) 5 hours. 9 K. y" ~( D5 I& C' D6 r- [* \, [
From the conversation we know that the two are talking about some work they will start at 9 o’clock in the morning and have to finish at 2 in the afternoon. Therefore, D) "5 hours" is the correct answer. You should choose [D] on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
( |! F1 p3 e9 _5 I! d0 {                                                      Sample Answer [A] [B [C] [D]
& j! x; r6 v3 m# \( b" B1. A) The foggy weather has affected Mary’s mood.
" I9 v$ x* h6 T4 b/ L  B) They are puzzled about Mary’s low spirits.
9 ^- i' N& n" n5 U  C) Mary is dissatisfied with her promotion.
2 K7 `0 P( \9 w9 |* W; U  D) Mary cares too much about her looks.
" J2 J* r% e8 U( N7 X2 c8 i  o4 L2. A) Go to an art exhibition.
  B/ i9 F3 g# y+ f( L  B) Dine out with an old friend.: \0 I- c  T  J2 o. l' U. F& G: F
  C) Attend the opening night of a play.- h; E- y- h" t' g3 G3 Q
  D) See his paintings on display.$ O1 ^& h( _: |1 R3 y- \
3. A) Her mother was quite outstanding in academic work.
9 q7 z; w7 q: m1 C  B) She was not particularly interested in going to school.. v) E8 l9 f4 j  X- E. B/ o
  C) Her parents laid great emphasis on academic excellence.
; t& l6 W4 [& s  D) She helped upgrade the educational level of immigrants.9 w8 I$ F! }; E" L  a
4. A) The machines there were ill maintained." ~- F- o6 \& @
  B) Tickets for its members were cheaper.
; t, c  S; @4 V% i7 g  C) It was filled with people all the time.
/ @- A7 C  Z- K8 R" Y5 }  D) It had a reputation for good service.; C( {- G0 n5 q- u
5. A) Both Sarah and Tom have been awarded doctoral degrees.: D1 z& R; k. ]$ d* j
  B) Tom has arranged to meet his bride Sarah in Hawaii.# o7 @# @# r# v; _7 L9 c, U
  C) Tom was more excited than Sarah at the wedding.
- }- W7 T4 @& G# S! C6 x5 o2 s  D) A double blessing has descended upon Tom., a9 ?$ B% R( Y2 P3 r- q7 n
6. A) There were too many questions in the examination.
6 v  t9 Y% s$ m2 O$ n  B) The examination was well beyond the course content.- p4 A4 b# C- H7 X: L
  C) The examination questions were somewhat too difficult.! `1 A0 [1 q( v* C3 H, z0 p& x
  D) The course prepared him adequately for the examination.
- c/ t% c. S, u" I7. A) It’s less time-consuming.
5 B4 D8 F! w1 s( e  B) His wife is tired of cooking.0 B! u% x$ @& C, ~" T% n1 Z
  C) It’s part of his job.$ C. Q- F1 u1 J' X  s3 X4 Q/ m
  D) He is sick of home-cooked meals.1 ?0 Z1 p4 S  |+ t
8. A) He has just started to teach piano lessons.
8 M4 i! Z, m6 ?5 n+ C  B) He seldom takes things seriously.( D8 L. {3 W' [8 z6 R+ K' a; ?
  C) He is very proud of his piano skills.
! g- W$ h# p+ p) k3 g  I  D) He usually understates his achievements.
2 a) `' d' G' S( B* w4 U7 X9. A) It’s tedious B) It’s absurd." L& a# D% ]8 w) q9 q
  C) It’s justifiable.     D) It’s understandable.. Z* f+ s* ^* K4 v: B* y" |( u
10. A) Arrange accommodation for her.
1 _3 k* ]* g8 t5 l   B) Explain the cause of the cancellation.: l- K4 C! D9 s4 y0 d
   C) Compensate her for the inconvenience.* f: F0 G, q7 U* y' K* Z
   D) Allow her to take another flight that night.
4 @2 r4 {% _: ~Section B2 r' a- E/ t4 t* ~- h3 y
Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.7 P4 e& b8 V( G6 ]6 m: I

" |. Q8 m& O7 ~: m# gPassage One
& H. ~! m  W; U- m9 b+ H11. A) Producing legendary paintings.& o( y! Z# |" f
   B) Making a fortune from decorative arts.
( }# T! C4 i2 V* I5 h9 w   C) Manufacturing quality furniture., N- d0 u* H& b4 v
   D) Setting up a special museum.
, n; F1 G- s4 Y) b3 y6 T( d12. A) To show his fascination with Asian culture.
# f6 w1 k, i3 @, U' L+ `5 O7 D   B) To tell the story of the American Revolution.
! D1 C' L# u' i   C) To promote interest in American decorative arts.
% M. }- a/ d. m- j. J   D) To increase the popularity of the DuPont Company.
1 v7 H! }4 F/ ~13. A) By theme or period. B) By style or design.! b; Z# }2 R5 l* E8 A  L1 a
   C) By manufacturer or origin. D) By function or purpose.
. x7 \% ~" x+ ~  [3 n
) y# e& T; q8 P. TPassage Two2 _! I- A7 O+ S' |" V8 Z# {
14. A) People my use two or more languages.( B8 V; L- D! r& o
   B) People will choose Chinese rather than English.
! B$ a+ f/ ~) o: I* A   C) The percentage or native speakers of English will increase.& m5 P6 n1 m* i
   D) The number of people relying on their mother tongue will drop.- \. }9 [" o. V: Z1 U7 {- ~9 ]2 Z
15. A) The number of Spanish speakers is far greater than that of Arabic speakers.. v1 G7 ?5 d1 J; N$ M6 Z
   B) Arabic spoken in one Arab country may not be understood in another.- n# y5 M, `& [+ _5 |
   C) Arabic spoken in Egypt differs from Arabic spoken in Morocco in origin.
. `8 I0 v) B0 X6 j9 K0 q   D) The number of Arabic speakers is declining because of the invasion of English.
, H# C$ v$ \5 s* p& f1 U6 Z16. A) It is impossible for Arab countries to standardize their language.0 ~0 e' E( r% T( `* c' B$ t
   B) Most people in the world will learn to speak Chinese in the future.! N) h" H/ J2 H/ ^8 r0 S/ H
   C) It is uncertain whether English will be the world language in the future., o! s# v7 S$ M/ z6 L) O; n
   D) Spanish is very likely to become the top language of the world by 2050.
+ L4 W2 g7 R# A6 ]: w2 S  r
: a) Q) A5 E( J9 {' G: S# WPassage Three
) e- P+ p0 n2 l: {0 C$ M6 E2 r1 T17. A) Because they believe blind students prefer to mix with students who can see.
$ R$ N' s, m+ x% [0 a- D+ _: c" {   B) Because it would cost lots of money to build such special colleges.
; n* n2 S+ C/ u   C) Because it would constitute discrimination against blind students.
5 A9 N$ ]6 ~" n   D) Because they think blind people should learn to live among sighted people.
9 [) Y7 e6 Z2 c- `' [' k18. A) By encouraging them to be more self-reliant.
; O! m8 J, n+ j2 C   B) By showing them proper care and respect.
6 O% Y% i$ x# q4 j+ ^% C! }3 [   C) By offering them more financial assistance.
: q( N, o& w3 ?7 Q7 T* G  ?" d   D) By providing them with free medical service.# S2 m& U) w8 G4 ~4 `! w
19. A) Financial aid from the American government.7 P! x' s- ]- ]3 G  Q/ f# n* j
   B) Modern technology.1 v$ ]1 r3 J! C+ X' r& ~& K
   C) Professional support., c' T. E+ C% L2 @3 w! F0 C
   D) Help from the National Federation of the Blind.
, Z8 S. ~2 Q- x20. A) Ask American professors to write recommendations on their behalf.9 b; S' I. N: {& d7 y9 _3 I3 }
   B) Obtain American citizenship before they reach the age of 30.
& M4 Y  n' Z6 k  i   C) Turn to special institutions in their own country for assistance.- \+ w! g+ r1 g; ?% \
   D) Apply to the National Federation of the Blind for scholarships.4 ^6 M# O. U) j4 d6 R) u3 Q

* _) R7 T( g* ^: G4 H. {6 t7 ^3 ?3 F6 f0 t
Key:   R& q# J# ~7 B( O  C+ n0 A
1. B) They are puzzled about Mary’s low spirits. $ K2 X' ?, V' M2 \1 b
2. A) Go to an art exhibition.
. P7 B3 D( H2 ~% Z6 r* _3. C) Her parents laid great emphasis on academic excellence. % L, O' A; Z! c7 ?
4. C) It was filled with people all the time.
" a4 d1 |1 g9 P* g( \% q3 F! z  b5. D) A double blessing has descended upon Tom. 3 c* `; i) e/ T8 R, Y( L( z8 }
6. B) The examination was well beyond the course content.
, V4 |3 G, H8 R) s+ N7. C) It’s part of his job. ( u( O/ `# e! ^' k
8. D) He usually understates his achievements.
7 [+ z0 M2 Z8 E1 ?9. B) It’s absurd. 9 O/ [8 n+ r( R# r) r( b2 R: L& w
10. A) Arrange accommodation for her.
$ O/ ~/ ~0 E9 i" C% W 11. D) Setting up a special museum. 1 K$ q$ A# h  E. N# M; a
12. C) To promote interest in American decorative arts. . g' d4 C! [/ {5 ~- f. n1 [: u
13. A) By theme or period. 9 A6 b' O. u2 ^7 a. Z) t
14. A) People may use two or more languages. : y  n- K2 G! E- Z3 L2 I
15. B) Arabic spoken in one Arab country may not be understood in another.
* \" \; Z3 w; K. k: K% Q16. C) It’s uncertain whether English will be the world language in the future. ; C$ c2 H. g4 s
17. D) Because they think blind people should learn to live among sighted people.
0 x4 y! ~2 T" W18. A) By encouraging them to be more self-reliant. . Q; H$ k0 I4 f5 Y7 {1 E
19. B) Modern technology.
& ^; K) K4 t, H, n+ i) u) j# ~20. D) Apply to the national Federation of the Blind for scholarships.   K! q) w6 _  u) b( I4 _
6 V' {. E, G7 s% D2 R  t! t! y
Section A  Z. X  Z$ r4 ?! Q7 D6 L+ m
1. W: Do you know why Mary has such a long face today?
- U; d+ Q! T$ V: I3 W6 e) {6 dM: I don’t have the foggiest idea. She should be happy, especial since she got a promotion yesterday.
% R$ K7 o$ Q' W% H, I0 ZQ: what does the speaker mean?, v( |+ G0 m4 x! i  W! K
; ]& Z, V- `9 `& f1 b" V) f
2.M: Hi, Donna, are you interested in going to an Art Exhibition on Sunday?A friend of mine is showing some of her paintings there. It’s the Opening Night. Free drinks and food.! B0 w" _3 _3 @4 t9 r5 N8 `- Y
W: Well, actually, I don’t have anything planned. It sounds kind of fun.
; ?, W& F$ W* |& K0 h1 u; CQ: what did the man invite the woman to do on Sunday?
; B4 S4 ?. H' t% y9 e
/ ?, m# |, g; S  V( a: d3. M: You did an excellent job in school. You’re indeed a great student. Where does your drive come from?, u# L) M+ m; H& M4 e9 p8 J" x0 `
W: Academic achievements were important to my parents as immigrants. Education is where it all begins. My mother, in particular, tries to get me interested in school.
# L/ |% _3 x7 d7 LQ: what do we learn about the woman from the conversation?
% E& B2 f9 K& s0 H# M2 I  W! ]* Q' }: X
4. M: I hear the Sunflower Health Club on 3rd Street is good.
3 m5 B. h( W! Z7 x8 nW: Not right now. I used to go there. I thought it was great because it was really cheap. But the problem was it was always crowded. Sometimes I had to wait to use the machines.
% H4 l: ~& _' R7 i5 P% O( uQ: What does the woman say about the Sunflower Health Club?
& i/ [! R* t: g- R7 N$ A' X
) |9 {3 w7 Q) r2 Y* I3 ~5. W: Tommy is very excited. Just yesterday he received his doctoral Degree. And in a few minutes, he’ll be putting the ring on Sara’s finger.! X, U, m1 C8 m7 v  {1 w8 [1 N
M: He’s really such a lucky dog. Sara is a lovely bride. And tonight they’re going to Hawaii on their honeymoon.9 A; S2 H/ q  U3 K
Q: what do we learn from the conversation?
" Z8 p2 S- g( _3 S4 `9 _4 M2 ^
, F8 {3 P' H5 r- P* ?0 P/ z0 B* r: F6. W: Your chemistry examination is over, isn’t it? Why did you still look worried?. I0 O* N; L% v" z
M: I don’t know. It wasn’t the questions were hard or there were too many of them. But I’m still feeling uneasy because the exam didn’t seem to have much to do with the course material. 9 U: |* u; D* b3 C
Q: What does the man mean?3 x0 C* X7 j5 ?7 |0 J$ ~4 G

9 R6 ^+ f6 r" U/ z2 G( ]# f+ l7. W: Your wife told me that you eat out four or five times a week. I really envy you.
; \: l$ X0 k9 LM: Don’t envy me. It’s for business. In fact, I’m sick and tired of restaurant food. Sometimes I just prefer a home-cooked meal.  P8 i/ e) B$ P+ M: i4 C$ ~
Q: why does the man say he often eats out?
( c# T/ Q0 U, C8 Y  u3 M0 z% R0 D/ X) |/ P. I
8. W: I was amazed when I heard Tommy played the piano so expertly. From the way he talked, I thought he was just starting his lessons.
2 j# J! R4 r5 d+ GM: Oh no. that’s the way he always talks.
8 d3 s5 Z/ L" w* g3 }' @' C  cQ: What can we infer about Tommy from the conversation?$ b. O. }' M7 C/ }
2 E: \5 P: `; R* i
9. M: What do you think of people suing Mc Donald for making them fat?
% G# d- g- x' l1 X# i  PW: Well, its food doesn’t make you fat but eating too much of it does. How about chocolate and ice-cream? Are they responsible? It’s silly.
" ?: S+ v! z0 g& a7 U3 |: m3 m; g2 |3 ]Q: What does the woman think of lawsuits against Mc Donald?
8 r& ^% s9 K; `; j! G0 s0 j5 b2 s1 d2 V+ ~$ ^- S& j
10. M: I’m terribly sorry, Madam, but your flight has been cancelled I won’t be able to put you on another one until tomorrow morning.4 g# c* {; f/ }; e* |% U% ]
W: Well, I certainly hope the airline’s going to put me up somewhere tonight.4 v  i) I2 e9 _% x
Q: What did the woman request the airline do?6 b, v4 z: g. a. z2 ^

- h0 L. c; Q( k3 f, ^* d+ |. oSection B & S$ m8 Y+ c3 d6 n+ Q
Passage 1:- `" j3 z- J4 N# Q9 }0 K
  You’ve probably heard of the Dupont Company, which was founded by a family of the same name. But do you know about the museum that one of the family members began?3 C: M( h3 h+ p" `- z
Henry Francis du Pont was an heir to Delaware’s Dupont Company fortune. He was one of the first serious collectors of American decorative art objects furniture, textiles, paintings, and other objects made in the United States between 1640 and 1840. American furniture and household objects had been considered inferior to those from Europe. But du Pont helped develop a new appreciation for American decorative arts. He created a legendary showplace for these objects on his family’s estate just outside of Wilmington, Delaware. In 1951 it was opened to the public as the Henry Francis du Pont Winterthur Museum.
* _' e+ u. h, UThe museum assembled objects from du Pont’s collection into 175 period rooms, each with examples of American antiques and decorative arts that followed a certain theme or period in early American history. For example, the du Pont Dining Room has furniture dating from the late 18th and early 19th centuries. And , because this was the time when the United states became a new nation, there is a patriotic theme in the room. Another example is the Chinese Parlor, which has furnishings that reflect Americans’ fascination with Asian culture during the 18th century. In these period rooms, du Pont believed he could tell the story of the early United States through furniture and other decorative arts.- l8 c* m* Y# y/ C
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard
& g5 Y) k+ J5 Y  k$ OQuestion 11: What is Henry Francis du Pont noted for?; ?: W3 c: D" d6 D% @5 D
Question 12: What was the purpose of du Pont’s efforts?
* r; i% e# u% }5 LQuestion 13:How were the objects on display arranged?
$ E) i4 j1 s' p: c& v: K7 C1 R0 u7 p

, s- F- z6 O. ^# hPassage 2:3 M9 r. @1 _# }4 b1 T
According to David Graddol, a British language expert, the idea that English will become the world language is outdated. And people are more likely to switch between two or more languages for routine communication in the future.
% V4 \' p$ n9 M9 ~6 zThe share of the world’s population that speaks English as a native language is falling. Instead, English will play a growing role as a second language. A population speaking more than one language is already the case in much of the world, and is becoming more common in the United States. Indeed, the Census Bureau reported last year that nearly one American in five speaks a language other than English at home, with Spanish taking the lead, followed by Chinese.
+ P. y1 f7 |# gGraddol works for a British consulting and publishing business. He anticipates a world where the share of people who are native English speakers slip from 9 percent in the mid-1990s to 5 percent in 2050., P8 f6 q9 e8 p( b5 n* H1 S
By 2050, Chinese will continue its predominance, with Hindi-Urdu of India and Arabic climbing past English, and Spanish nearly equal to it.1 B4 U# H7 x+ X: C
In contrast, an American language expert, David Harrison noted that “the global share of English is much larger if you count second-language speakers, and will continue to rise, even as the proportion of native speakers declines.”
. Y* a+ _; M2 K/ P- \3 QHarrison disputed listing Arabic in the top three languages, “because varieties of Arabic spoken in such countries as Egypt and Morocco are mutually incomprehensible.”
- [$ i! n1 s* q: r9 kQuestions 14 to 16 are based on the passage you have just heard 5 @  T& H2 e" W* I9 g0 ?. d$ j
Question 14 : What does David Graddol say about the use of languages for daily communication in the future?
- z* x5 E( W$ ]9 Y2 rQuestion 15 : Why doesn’t David Harrison include Arabic as one of the top three languages?
/ I8 t/ @- _! {/ a, fQuestion 16: What can we infer from the passage?; w$ x5 |' ^- [6 N
5 A: u. B) s$ L3 A' X
Passage 3: $ L) y$ W! ~9 @8 K# T1 g, L
There are about one million blind people in the United States. The largest and the most influential organization for blind people in this country is the National Federation of the Blind. Its officials say the nation doesn’t have any colleges or universities that serve only blind students. They say the reason for this is that blind people must learn to live among people who can see.
5 S+ P* L( ^5 k+ J+ DAmerican colleges and universities do accept blind and visually impaired students. And they provide services to help these students succeed. For example, colleges find people who write down what the professors say in class. And they provide technology that can help blind students with their work. However, experts say colleges can best help blind students by making it clear tha the students should learn to help themselves.! q% |7 u) `  O! R
One blind American student named Tim Cordes recently made news because he graduated from medical school at the University of Wisconsin. He says the technology was one of the reasons he succeeded. He used a computer that read into his earphone what he was typing. He also used a small printer that permitted him to write notes about his patients in the hospital. He did his undergraduate work at the University of Notre Dame in South Band, Indiana.! \7 {* W( u6 A( {! w7 y7 I
National Federation of the Blind officials say blind students from other nations do come to the United States to attend college. Some can even get financial aid. The Federation awards about thirty scholarships each year that have no citizenship requirement./ T  s; j# o& E  |* D  v* v
Questions 17 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard
1 D8 d4 y1 M1 d4 V2 HQuestion 17 : according to officials of National federation of the Blind, why are there no special colleges fro blind students only?, I, X# d, n3 r
Question 18 : According to experts, how can colleges best help blind students?
2 x4 _* g7 V. b+ G; SQuestion 19: What is one of the reasons given by Tim Cordes, a blind student, for his success?! [. u+ L- ?! ^
Question 20: What can blind students from overseas do to study in America, according to the National Federation of the Blind?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 20:04 , Processed in 0.222098 second(s), 21 queries .