立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 60|回复: 0

[六级词汇语法] 2012年大学英语六级生活中常见词汇02

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:21:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
black and white=something which is extremely clear 像黑与白一样“黑白分明的,明确地” 4 z/ `! Q# N) R
He told her in black and white that she couldn’t leave the house while he was out. $ o0 {, N4 G' y
他明明白白地告诉她,他不在时,她不得离开这座房子。  * x! y0 s' i* d, Z4 @7 M
dos and don’ts=the rules 哪些能做(dos)哪些不能做(don’ts),指“规则,规定”。
& K1 S% O# N. J. h( o: X7 |" a0 k' lThere are various do’s and don’ts about driving in the UK.
2 s9 `5 v8 f: v3 {7 n在英国开车有很多规定。  5 l+ w( E9 ]9 ^- y0 @
haves and have nots = people who are rich and those who are not 穷人和富人
: M- n+ h% a& Z( u- O5 HIn London you can find the haves and have nots of the population. . N+ R" J- U4 [4 ^7 A9 L
在伦敦有穷人也有富人。  
7 n- q4 f2 I- p9 B5 u( O2 x3 Ains and outs = the details 细节问题 ' R, |' _$ Y7 |8 j% t) T
I don’t know the ins and outs of the situation, so I can’t really advise you.
6 }0 n" k0 c3 g' l4 X我不了解具体情况,所以不能给你建议。  
5 X% O) o. [$ r3 c) i! [odds and ends = small pieces of various items 剩余物,零星物品。odd, end都有“剩余的”意思。 0 e- p: o( q) R9 c, ?' T+ }/ j: r) i
She made a stew with the odds and ends she found in the fridge. ! t& j* ^! _- e& z6 x( z
她炖了炖在冰箱里找到的剩余食物。  7 k  D% b* n& u. y
rights and wrongs = all the good points and bad points of a situation 优缺点
& {7 \' v7 t4 {Regardless of the rights and wrongs of company policy, you need to give a month’s notice.
! w. d6 x2 L" ^( G1 n( p' t且不论公司政策的好坏,你至少要提前一周给出通知。   y  i' w8 e+ L! r8 L* O
ups and downs 沉浮,兴衰
0 `" E( g' A* R5 o" _) T$ bups and downs = very good times and very bad times 沉浮,兴衰 # F, {6 {8 A2 E% r3 Y( f, _
They have a lot of ups and downs in their relationship. / G5 B* U1 R. Q$ y2 m8 g
他们的关系几经波折。 ' C/ A( c) V, K8 ^% B1 g3 m
come and go = use somewhere as your base 来来去去 $ P" k7 c, w: U6 ~9 ]' Q2 m) p
Feel free to come and go as you please! ! f1 A  E1 [: L" ^: {
你可以来去自如。  1 _) O4 W0 |0 `: C/ j3 o
back and forth = not to stay still, but to keep travelling between two places 来回地,往复地 8 a$ d# w1 O# p# f& T4 b, E' ?: d
I’m so glad I’m moving. I was getting sick of going back and forth every day. Now my journey to work will be a lot quicker. $ Q8 l8 z" X" K  @) a0 g
真高兴我要搬家了,我已经受够了每天要来回上班。现在去上班要近多了。  
" G9 v: _5 W2 D, u( D7 ccat and mouse = doing something in the same way that a cat plays with a mouse
0 q1 E. C1 q* [The guerillas played a cat and mouse game with the much better-equipped army.
& E1 e4 p+ P: S游击队和装备精良的军队玩起了猫捉老鼠,搞得他们晕头转向。  
+ z9 [* w% ?" _: a: k6 Q, Btrial and error = to do something new by making experiments and occasionally failing 反复试验,不断摸索
, k5 k$ R4 E" I1 {2 }% c! pThe new computer system has been installed. But it’s a bit trial and error at the moment – nobody really knows how to use it.
: m0 J8 {% \: l* l2 b  H新的计算机系统装上了,但还在不断摸索中,没有人真正懂怎么使用。  ; N- ^8 K8 y: f, Q2 p( ?2 X
flesh and blood = your family 一家人,如同血与肉
1 E' J: b, F- I# {I have to help him if I can – he’s my flesh and blood.
5 i& U" h! Y' ]1 I6 o如果能我会帮助他,他是我的家人。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:01 , Processed in 0.282603 second(s), 21 queries .