立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 1

[六级阅读] 2011年12月英语六级阅读突破:网络会改装大脑

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 A staggering four out of five parents worry that their children will become addicted to Facebook, according to a study.7 ?! {5 C! q1 y, _/ s& B3 y
  根据一项调查,多达八成父母担心自己的孩子会沉迷于Facebook不可自拔。  D9 m, @8 x# n7 s
  Eighty percent believe social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter have the ability to take overtheir children‘s lives.3 u# G6 {' w0 R' y6 E. K' J3 m
  80%的父母认为Facebook和Twitter这样的社交网站会左右孩子的人生。8 A  p( O% g- W$ A: m0 f# u
  One in three parents, meanwhile, believes the Internet has the power to ’rewire‘ brains without a person’s knowledge and thinks their children are in danger from the web.
) R- N/ V! {0 Z) G& y9 N; ^  此外,还有三分之一的父母认为网络能在不知不觉下“改装”一个人的大脑,并认为自己的孩子正遭到来自网络的威胁。9 d, f1 I( ^! S
  The extraordinary findings come from a poll of 1,000 parents carried out by the Nominet Trust, an organisation that promoted internet projects that address social disadvantage.: e- a% R- ]3 R
  这一调查是由互联网慈善机构Nominet基金会开展的,涵盖了1000名父母。调查结果很令人意外。
4 W) [3 X' G+ F  However, Nominet said their findings fly in the face ofneurological evidence.
2 O' h# \# r) r1 Q) r4 u1 Y  不过,Nominet基金会说他们的发现和神经学上的证据是相悖的。
8 e6 E5 ^* S; P/ _! i9 V  The Trust worked with neuroscience and education expert Dr Paul Howard Jones, who analysed research on the internet and society.
6 N7 x" {, j' a5 a  和该基金会合作的神经科学家和教育专家保罗 霍华德 琼斯博士对这一和网络和社会相关的调查进行了分析研究。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:45 | 显示全部楼层

2011年12月英语六级阅读突破:网络会改装大脑

The report - The Impact of Digital Technologies On Human Wellbeing - concluded that there is no neurological evidence to suggest that the internet is more effective at ‘rewiring’ our brains than other environmental influences.$ P7 Y/ Z; y" Y" h& G
  这一题为《数字技术对人类幸福的影响》的研究报告得出结论说,目前并没有神经学上的证据表明网络比其他外界影响力能更有效地“改装”大脑。
2 r' s9 J6 Q' s) s3 m  It also found that the internet is a valuable learning resource and all forms of learning cause changes within the brain." w2 Y) e: I7 p! A5 [4 y' A
  研究还发现,网络是一个宝贵的学习资源,各种形式的学习导致大脑产生了变化。. w0 g2 o$ y1 v5 N+ F2 b3 N0 ~- O
  There have been reports that use of the internet with its vast resources of information is changing the way people think and affecting their ability to concentrate.7 p. J# r+ q) x  r  U
  曾有报道称,对网络丰富的信息资源的利用正在改变人们的思维方式,并影响了他们集中注意力的能力。
, m0 i7 m$ K! z" m8 d  But Nominet said that ‘scaremongeringand misinformation’ about internet use can potentially deny its benefits to people, in particular parents who are worried about the effect on their children‘s development.
( f9 F1 e5 e0 |1 [' Q- ^  但是Nominet机构称,对于网络使用的“危言耸听和不实信息”可能会阻碍网络造福于人们,特别是那些担心网络会对孩子成长产生不利影响的父母。! E8 M$ D5 ^9 V( M4 G% G
  The report also found that social networking sites, in themselves, are not a special source of risk to children, and are generally beneficial as they support existing friendships.  Z" M( q* g2 q' R8 ~
  研究报告还发现,社交网络本身对于孩子并没有特别大的风险,而且大体上是有益的,因为社交网络能够增进友谊。
% I  v+ G' p' K3 C3 }& K5 f  In addition, playing action video games can improve some visual processing and motor response skills, while computer-based activity provides mental stimulation, and can help slow rates of cognitive decline.
  Q  Q3 Q5 C' L  此外,打动作网游能够提升视觉处理能力和运动反应能力,而电脑相关活动可以刺激智力发育,并有助于减缓认知能力的衰退速度。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 03:54 , Processed in 0.334079 second(s), 23 queries .