QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 83|回复: 0

[六级阅读] 2012年大学英语六级考试美文欣赏(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年大学英语六级考试美文欣赏(3)
7 I# B# i; T- k  I0 XThe Props to Help Man Endure (II)
3 A% f6 c. V4 I3 H3 C) xUntil he does so, he labors under a curse. He writes not of love, but of lust, of defeats in which nobody loses anything of value, of victories without hope, and most of all, without pity or compassion. His griefweaves on no universal bone, leaving no scars. He writes not of the heart, but of the glands. Until he relearns these things, he will write as though he stood among and watched the end of man. I decline to accept the end of man. It’s easy enough to say that man is immortal simply because he will endure: that when the last ding-dong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tireless in the last red and dying evening, that even then, there will still be one more sound: that of his puny and inexhaustible voice, still talking. I refuse to accept this.外语学习网
% e4 X+ p/ ^8 T" H" E0 iI believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable ofcompassion,and sacrifice, and endurance. The poets’, the writers’ duty is to write about these things. It is his privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage,and honor and hope and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the gloryof his past. The poets' voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 06:14 , Processed in 0.530106 second(s), 21 queries .