QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 56|回复: 0

[六级阅读] 英语六级模拟试题:阅读篇18

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  How to Deal With Difficult People5 U/ T/ N: _) t  p- W! Q) ]* j
  In New York City one day, a businesswoman got into a taxi. Because it was rush hour and she was hurrying for a train, she suggested a route. "I've been a cabby(车夫) for 15 years!" the driver yelled. "You think I don't know the best way to go?"
$ b" K- w6 r3 Y4 B) D( |  The woman tried to explain that she hadn't meant to offend him, but the driver kept yelling. She finally realized he was too upset to be reasonable. So she did the unexpected. "You know, you're right," she told him. "It must seem dumb for me to assume you don't know the best way through the city. "
- j# x5 C; {# O  Taken aback, the driver flashed his rider a confused look in the rear-view mirror, turned down the street she wanted and got her to the train on time. "He didn't say another word the rest of the ride," she said, "until I got out and paid him. Then he thanked me. "
  v3 P, ~7 V9 Q; Z2 D! p# D4 v  When you encounter people like this cab driver, there's an irresistible urge to dig in your heels. This can lead to prolonged arguments, soured friendships, lost career opportunities and broken marriages. As a clinical psychiatrist, I've discovered one simple but extremely unlikely principle that can prevent virtually any conflict or other difficult situation from becoming a recipe for disaster.! W5 `; i$ g' a) L/ @
  The key is to put yourself in the other person's shoes and look for the truth in what that person is saying. Find a way to agree. The result may surprise you.
( g% a$ [2 r3 k) V; O/ d/ b6 A  Sulkers Steve's 14-year-old son, Adam, had been irritable for several days. When Steve asked why, Adam snapped, "Nothing's wrong! Leave me alone!" and stalked off to his room.
. x% H; [5 o- W+ q8 s  We all know people like this. When there's problem, they may sulk(生闷气) or act angry and refuse to talk.$ i' x) q, V$ q3 H! B/ f' F0 h
  So what's the solution? First, Steve needs to ask himself why Adam won't talk. Maybe the boy is worried about something that happened at school. Or he might be angry at his dad but afraid to bring it up because Steve gets defensive whenever he is criticized. Steve can pursue these possibilities the next time they talk by saying, "I noticed you're upset, and I think it would help to get the problem out in the open. It may be hard because I haven't always listened very well. If so, I feel bad because I love you and don't want to let you down. "
1 G& i2 u6 o  T  If Adam still refuses to talk, Steve can take a different tack: "I'm concerned about what's going on with you, but we can talk things over later, when you're more in the mood. "
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 04:34 , Processed in 0.310987 second(s), 21 queries .