QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 154|回复: 3

[六级阅读] 2012年大学英语六级快速阅读冲刺题(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Smartphones   S) A( T: f$ u4 z

1 [$ A- C$ c; e; h; r, W    A smartphone is one device that can take care of all of your handheld computing and communication needs in a single, small package. It’s not so much a distinct class of products as it is a different set of standards for cell phones to live up to.
9 K' W" R8 z. @' C6 u, Z7 l3 W* b3 b0 U2 e
    Basics of a Smartphone www.examw.com# R$ u6 s# l3 Z! J  }2 k

- u: ?9 _4 s- Z$ y7 l: @1 {  Q    Unlike many traditional cell phones, smartphones allow individual users to install, configure and run applications of their choosing. A smartphone offers the ability to conform the device to your particular way of doing things. Most standard cell-phone software offers only limited choices for re-configuration, forcing you to adapt to the way it’s set up. On a standard phone, whether or not you like the built-in calendar application, you are stuck with it except for a few minor tweaks (调节). If that phone were a smartphone, you could install any compatible calendar application you like. ; r% H2 f4 j& L3 a: V8 h

V$ M! l) a# f0 \    Since cell phones and PDAs are the most common handheld devices today, a smartphone is usually either a phone with added PDA capabilities or a PDA with added phone capabilities. Smartphones can do many things: sending and receiving mobile phone calls, Personal Information Management (PIM) including notes, calendar and to-do list, communication with laptop or desktop computers, data synchronization with applications like Microsoft Outlook and Apple’s iCal calendar programs, E-mail, instant messaging , and playing audio and video files in some standard formats.   a3 P& v& r/ J; t0 k, O3 C
     $ H4 p1 P, `% I) h! ]
    Future applications promise to be even more impressive. For example, the Nokia 6131 is a phone utilizing near field communication (NFC) to allow the phone to act as a wireless credit card . The phone uses a two-way communication system to transfer payment information to pads at certain retail stores. Currently, it’s still in the trial phase of development.
7 j: Q2 d+ c. F     $ i5 N7 N1 D1 j4 s" C! w" s
    Network Protocols ; W9 Y0 X: e$ X# v5 s+ Y: g4 L& D

( A, J0 d* t3 b) R6 u6 y    Smartphones use cell-phone network technology to send and receive data (such as phone calls, web browsing, file transfers, etc.). Developers classify this technology into generations. The first generation includes analog cell phone technology. Digital cell phones require more advanced protocols, which constitute the second generation. Between generation two and three, network engineers created protocols that are more advanced than generation two’s digital technology but not so innovative that they are a truly new generation. Developers refer to these protocols as generation 2.5. This generation includes several early smartphone protocols, some of which are still used today.
4 `0 u# }1 {* a' m     8 e, S. Q" _5 _8 O; K' X% v6 d
    General Packet Radio Services (GPRS) is a wireless, packet-based communication service and until recently was the standard 2.5G protocol used in most smartphones. Unlike a circuit-switched voice connection, this is a packet-switched, "always on" connection that remains active as long as the phone is within range of the service. It allows smartphones to do things like run applications remotely over a network, interface with the Internet, participate in instant messenger sessions, act as a wireless modem for a computer and transmit and receive e-mails.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:45 | 显示全部楼层

2012年大学英语六级快速阅读冲刺题(6)

Flexible Interfaces
6 S4 D1 Z- r7 p7 U& O     
) V- j% f* _8 Y  Y, F1 v    The core services on smartphones all tie in to the idea of a multi-purpose device that can effectively multitask. A user can watch a video clip, field a phone call, then return to the video clip after the call, all without closing each application. Or he or she can flip through the digital calendar and to-do list applications without interrupting the voice call. All of the data stored on the phone can be synchronized with outside applications or manipulated by third-party phone applications in any number of ways. www.examw.com
' Z3 H6 @6 S0 G0 N6 R3 f' R     
8 T2 z( H) k' n  {7 E$ d/ u! q0 @6 ~$ n    Systems supported by smartphones include Bluetooth, a short-range, wireless radio service that allows phones to wirelessly link up with each other and with other nearby devices that support it. This includes things like printers, scanners, input devices, computers and headsets. Some varieties of Bluetooth only allow communication with one device at a time, but others allow simultaneous connection with multiple devices.
. E" O. s! Q4 j* H: K5 L) w& T     
& k  j" r9 L/ h+ X. \0 z* O    Also included is data synchronization(同步), a phone that keeps track of your personal information, like appointments, to-do lists, addresses, and phone numbers, needs to be able to communicate with all of the other devices you use to keep track of those things. There are hundreds of possible platforms and applications you might use for this in the course of a day. If you want to keep all of this data in synchronization with what’s on your phone, then you generally have to look for a cell phone that speaks the languages of all of the devices and applications you use. Or you can go out and buy new applications that speak the language of your cell phone. 9 L4 ~5 [/ J& a+ m$ G3 \1 b
     3 h: M- C$ v; I# x' ~  Y" }
    Then there is Open Mobile Alliance (OMA), a collaborative organization with the mission to "facilitate global user adoption of mobile data services by specifying market driven mobile service enablers that ensure service interoperability (互用性) across devices, geographies, service providers, operators, and networks, while allowing businesses to compete through innovation and differentiation". The OMA formed a Data Synchronization Working Group, which is continuing the work begun by the SyncML Initiative. SyncML is an open-standards project designed to eliminate the trouble of worrying about whether your PIM devices sync up with your phone and vice-versa. The project is designed so that any kind of data can be synchronized with any application on any piece of hardware, through any network, provided that they are all programmed to OMA standards. This includes synchronization over the Web, Bluetooth, mail protocols and TCP/IP networks. 2 i- i& ], v/ d* a

5 W) e2 T2 y. a+ c5 ^    SyncML allows data to be synchronized from a phone to PalmOS, Windows, Mac and Linux applications using Bluetooth, infrared (红外线), HTTP or a USB cable. * o7 n2 h& H2 \" |' E
     5 P9 }  R+ X) j; W- h
    The Future of Smartphones 6 _: C8 |( l/ [2 L  `" @/ u
     ; a: ~% Z% l- f
    Smartphones are getting thinner and cheaper, and as a result are entering the consumer market. For the past few years smartphones have been aimed at prosumers, or "professional consumers" (prosumers can also refer to "production consumers", or consumers who drive the design, production and alteration of a product). Prosumers are generally early adopters of products. They have disposable income and great enthusiasm for particular products or technologies. Smartphone developers find prosumers very useful when designing applications and hardware. As prosumers pick and choose the phones that offer the applications they want, developers can tweak designs and move towards mass production. Analysts predict that one billion smartphone handsets will be sold by 2011.
  {1 O1 {7 G2 _/ d3 u# F( c1 {     ) D' l7 L  ?# F" A9 \
    Perhaps the most challenging consideration for the future is security. Smartphones and PDAs are already popular among many corporate executives, who often use their phones to transmit confidential information. Smartphones may be vulnerable to security breaches such as an Evil Twin attack. In an evil twin attack, a hacker sets a server’s service identifier to that of a legitimate hotspot or network while simultaneously blocking traffic to the real server. When a user connects with the hacker’s server, information can be intercepted (截取) and security is compromised. $ U& G% B7 C$ O. K$ Y, m0 i

! V% `+ Z+ `4 g$ K: u2 k5 `+ U: a- M    One downside to the openness and configurability of smartphones is that it also makes them susceptible to viruses. Hackers have written viruses that attack SymbianOS phones. The viruses can do things like turning off anti-virus software, locking the phone completely or deleting all applications stored on the phone. 4 t6 c- Z# x1 H- e; j5 ^- p7 z  L
     www.Examw.com: @+ c4 M/ L5 Q- w- l( R4 ?4 E5 G
    On the other side, some critics argue that anti-virus software manufacturers greatly exaggerate the risks, harms and scope of phone viruses in order to help sell their software.
) \7 X3 r; V" \6 Y# B. I- Z     % M4 i8 M. U; U5 |$ ^
    The incredible diversity in smartphone hardware, software and network protocols restrain practical, broad security measures. Most security considerations either focus on particular operating systems or have more to do with user behavior than network security. 2 K( I1 P0 h' {4 _# ]4 j/ s

5 r9 S1 W. W0 p, m: l    With data transmission rates reaching fast speeds and the incorporation of WiFi (无线局域网) technology, the sky is the limit on what smartphones can do. Possibly the most exciting thing about smartphone technology is that the field is still wide open. It’s an idea that probably hasn’t found its perfect, real-world implementation yet. Every crop of phones brings new designs and new interface ideas. No one developer or manufacturer has come up with the perfect shape or size yet. The next generation smartphone could look like a flip phone, a tablet PC, a candy bar or something no one has conceived of yet.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:46 | 显示全部楼层

2012年大学英语六级快速阅读冲刺题(6)

1. According to the passage, what’s the difference between smartphones and traditional cell phones?
/ Y8 V5 T+ c+ N1 F. S) d/ \4 Y$ Y     ( |( P! H9 I" a% ?3 B
    A) Traditional cell phones allow users to do things in their own ways.
& Q# D/ z$ }4 o! W# D; Q     
- W0 c9 ^$ K: R! }    B) Smartphones allow users to do things in their own ways. ) B1 I5 |8 v* C7 @  l$ ]5 [

" o3 w) S! A7 F. ?4 ~" C3 N4 z    C) Smartphones are more expensive than traditional phones.   J5 o+ N3 W9 r  c. w4 c; \; Q
     . t* m! M) z6 W% ~  m6 W* j
    D) Smartphones are cheaper than traditional cell phones. ! U2 y; h! [7 @  Q* o

3 h6 N' i) r5 u. m    2. What is the function of a smartphone today?
, U) B( @: ?' ?4 |7 m9 S* r, {     
" l5 g0 ?/ c; P    A) It is widely used as call receiver, PIM, and even a credit card. 4 P+ z6 T; n9 X" `/ Q) v. T
     " \. f) N6 F+ ]) ^3 }  h- y
    B) It is widely used as call receiver, PIM, and even a retail store. & R# A7 b+ t* q7 e; V3 M' h2 n
       j8 Q$ u$ P: L5 v9 P1 {
    C) It is widely used as call receiver, PIM, and even a bank. & z" _, B4 T6 V) H0 Q6 O

5 u1 l+ J; |, |7 c4 b; K    D) It is widely used as call receiver, PIM, and communication with computers. ( c. \5 w4 k- M
     ; g; C3 ~( }. V
    3. Protocols that are more advanced than generation 2’s digital technology but not so creative are        .
, R. s9 k$ v+ {: S) q     8 P) R! u+ E, h0 y( h) m
    A) generation 2.5   V, |; G. W* d% [% t) c: G0 h6 C* m

( Q& T8 z2 ~: Q1 p    B) generation 3 2 t0 ^; b$ g" C! V& G6 O% ~9 N

N6 N# Y% f5 M: j3 F. y    C) generation between 1 and 2
1 D) `9 J8 D3 C! U3 w1 c" ]8 [     
0 c& p* J' L6 L0 K0 S    D) generation out of use 5 q: ?" z6 O; c  M$ F# Z" B
     转自:考试网 - [Examw.Com]
) N# a, {! P/ G    4. What is said about the central services on smartphones? ! z* d( I( J. \3 T6 H( W7 p' |

" `2 b0 n0 n; x, z& y    A) They make it possible for users to do many tasks at the same time. 6 M( M& T( X( X* x7 _
     ' _' ], r/ U/ n# J; C' q
    B) They permit users to do one task at one time.
2 m. _' ]7 ?3 K     
' k  _: {- {- ~( C( H5 p    C) They limit the uses of smart phones. ! ]7 n5 g" j6 C9 E3 N

" A1 H1 i& ^' q. `4 J    D) They are changing from single task to multitask for the use of consumers. 3 C$ L* D7 s; k7 d4 `: z* F: v
     6 Z) a' u* \* E- |! y& I. ], N
    5. If a smartphone and a nearby device both support Bluetooth, then the two        .
; {+ M, k5 X# W1 o7 p$ i+ O     
9 e$ ^; p! n( w$ x. V5 d    A) can be wirelessly separated
9 e6 ~* G% C8 b     
6 p' |- e0 p# L9 [0 b3 K    B) ca be wirelessly linked up
% K5 r5 L3 s+ U& C3 F     
8 e8 U; W. Z3 K$ N" d! U    C) can be integrated by wire ( O+ I3 ?! c' V% [+ S4 a
     % G# v4 K$ ?( P, I  s
    D) can be recombined by wire
) t# t1 J/ M( y! @     , I: t, X+ s% D3 C0 J
    6. Owning to the Data Synchronization Working Group, the data on the phone can be easily synchronized with any applications        . ) @5 n- y8 }6 l1 F
     ) i/ |0 j  V4 k% e- A  c3 A& f2 `3 f7 ^& d
    A) if they are of SyncML Initiative
! j' V, K4 b- _) F! f6 g     + s  D/ Z1 N( A
    B) if they are of PIM service
- f6 R  @) S& K5 Z     % K- G8 Z! ^( ^- _6 G$ K+ X
    C) if they are of TCP/IP networks
' n5 Z3 l4 t) n     , f0 P" A5 B9 [, n$ O
    D) if they are of OMA standards
: Z8 j) ~' [+ F/ q2 v: C  d) a4 O+ F5 d       _  S# X  c8 H
    7. Prosumers, being choosers and early adopters of products, are helpful in directing the smartphone developers into
. U$ d! G* S6 R; {% v: {& G) ~2 l- ]     ( u: i9 W3 N4 P$ ?& m
    A) smartphone sellers
2 \6 B+ _1 H: d* s     
/ v) a! T. G+ c    B) smartphone users 6 C5 {! \; J1 A2 f! M, M" k  w8 Z8 c

* O* H& m# n' u* o    C) mass production 5 Y" O3 V9 f2 T$ p0 D" u( U0 e3 Z
     3 r% M& }1 n$ i( n8 n+ T! z- _
    D) market promoters
, Y+ A- r5 }$ C     : H8 ^- V4 _8 m8 e! Y( U" E
    8. Security of smartphones has to be given priority in the future because many executive use them to send __________________. # z' h) K( e( i5 G) _! R+ |3 e
     & E  g: m# f  N. {+ C
    9. Since feasible security measures are hard to apply to smartphones, security considerations are better turned to __________________.
( S7 b+ N, J# v; R% i9 W     
0 u0 H6 X, l! I    10. The perspectives for smartohones are limitless, and the next generation smartphone could be of any _______________.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:30:47 | 显示全部楼层

2012年大学英语六级快速阅读冲刺题(6)

答案:文章梗概:
1 ?2 `# ~  b# r( D, q/ {     $ g+ M# q. g! {" X6 S' K9 ~
    本文主要介绍了智能手机当前和未来的发展情况。文章第一个标题介绍了智能手机的特点和功能。第二个标题介绍了智能手机的几代网络协定技术,特别介绍了GPRS业务。第三个标题描述了智能手机灵活的界面操作及其支持的系统。第四个标题指出了智能手机的未来发展趋势及安全问题。
: O  w% i* ^4 T" E" m* U* B6 d& C     
2 k( _' K: M2 v. u    答案解析: + Y  c8 d5 A7 }0 r! @: S- }1 A

1 I- h+ K/ g; w/ s/ H4 x    1. 由题干关键词difference between smartphones and traditional cell phones定位至第一个小标题Basics of a Smartphone下第一段首句Unlike many traditional cell phones, smartphones allow individual users to install, configure and run applications of their choosing. 也就是说,智能手机与传统手机不同,它可以让个体使用者任意安装、设定和运行应用软件。另外该段最后一句也表达了这个意思,这些信息都说明选项B)正确,至于两种手机的价格文中没有提及。
6 p7 H* B4 M6 {! ?     
8 w' _' @3 a( g    2. 由题干关键词function定位至第一个小标题Basics of a Smartphone下第二段第二句和第三段第二句,前者证明了智能手机确实具有电话接收、个人信息管理以及与电脑交流功能;而第三段最后一句却指出Currently, it’s still in the trial phase of development. 这种带有信用卡功能的手机正在试验阶段。A)提到智能手机具有信用卡功能不对,故排除;B)和C)中的零售商店和银行功能文中并未提及,由此可知正确答案是D)。
) R( C6 `' d7 G8 R2 G1 E     
+ M  j, r: A0 W8 U) T1 O9 a: P# L    3. 由题干关键词protocals定位至第二个小标题Network Protocols下第一段的第五句和第六句Between generation two and three, network engineers created protocols that are more advanced than generation two’s digital technology but not so innovative that they are a truly new generation. Developers refer to these protocols as generation 2. 5.意思是说在第二和第三代智能手机之间,网络工程师们研制出比第二代数字技术更为先进的网络规程,但这套规程还不够创新成为第三代手机,开发商把这套规程成为第2.5代,因此答案A)与原文相符。
% F) w. k  H( j, E1 X6 S     / y$ g9 C3 a6 g0 q$ ?% B" C
    4. 由题干关键词central services on smartpone定位至第三个小标题Flexible Interfaces下第一段第一句The core services on smartphones all tie in to the idea of a multi-purpose device that can effectively multitask.可知,智能手机的核心服务就是用这种多功能装置使用户能有效地做多件事情,因此答案A)正确。
% \' X4 {0 y# q# e" _     2 K; o- _+ H# m, v
    5. 由题干关键词Bluetooth和wirelessly定位至第三个小标题Flexible Interfaces下第二段第一句Systems supported by smartphones include Bluetooth, a short range, wireless radio service that allows phones to wirelessly link up with each other and with other nearby devices that support it. 智能手机支持的系统包括蓝牙,一种短距离无线传输设备,可以把电话和附近支持蓝牙传输的其他设备无限连接起来。因此答案为B)。
  G0 A1 Z. N6 f     , A' l0 h: F0 F, Q) @" g# _
    6. 由题干关键词Data Synchronization Working Group和synchronized with any applications定位至第三个小标题Flexible Interfaces下第四段倒数第二句。该句指出:这个项目是为了使任何种类的数据都能通过一切网络与任何硬件上的任何应用程序进行同步,只要他们的编程都符合OMA标准。故答案为D)。 8 }  P9 a5 b* r8 V  f, J# z
       s  q0 W* U  Z7 [' F3 \
    7. 由题干关键词Prosumers和helpful in directing the smartphone developers定位至第四个小标题The Future of Smartphones下第一段倒数第二句As prosumers pick and choose the phones that offer the applications they want, developers can tweak designs and move towards mass production. 专业消费者,或称参与生产的消费者挑选能够提供其所需应用软件的手机时,开发商根据他们的选择改进设计,转向大规模生产。故答案为C)mass production。
! ^* ^; K3 b/ x$ o     
4 k2 D0 I) e" [8 K    8. 由题干关键词Security和executives定位至第四个标题The Future of Smartphones下第二段前二句:未来要思考的最有挑战性的问题是安全性。智能手机和掌上电脑已经在很多公司主管中流行起来,他们经常用手机来发送机密信息。题干转述的就是这两句之间的因果关系,因此可以推出与空格部分对应的是confidential information。
# w, z9 Y5 N5 d& l5 w     $ ^) l% Q* N1 B* ~  j4 v
    9. 根据题文同序原则,由题干关键词security considerations 定位至第四个标题The Future of Smartphones下倒数第二段最后一句Most security considerations either focus on particular operating systems or have more to do with user behavior than network security. 安全性考虑应该侧重特定的操作系统或者更应注意使用者行为而非网络安全。由此可以总结出题干中要转述的内容是particular operating systems or user behavior。 5 I( G6 Z: ~* t6 S

1 q8 p) O. N& T5 i& z& {    10. 由题干关键词next generation smartphone定位至第四个标题The Future of Smartphones下末段末句The next generation smartphone could look like a flip phone, a tablet PC, a candy bar or something no one has conceived of yet. 下一代的智能手机可能看起来像翻盖手机、轻薄的个人电脑、一块糖或者人们还没有想到的什么东西。把这些归纳起来,显然答案为前面句子中的一个词组shape or size。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 20:20 , Processed in 0.220391 second(s), 27 queries .