立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 71|回复: 0

[综合] 综合辅导:英语六级翻译专项训练(7)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:40:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
31. Some have breathed sighs of relief, others, including churches, right-to-life groups and the  Australian Medical Association, bitterly attacked the bill and the haste of its passage. But the tide is unlikely to turn back.& ]1 K3 d  F2 @. p$ Q3 X8 c

+ {& i  \3 s; O( u2 E7 M    32. In Australia- where an aging population, life-extending technology and changing community attitudes have all played their part other states are going to consider making a similar law to deal with euthanasia.
3 i8 I  N' F3 P: [' j   
4 P: P0 [5 A! c: y  \2 \    33. There are, of course, exceptions. Small--minded officials, rude waiters, and ill mannered taxi drivers are hardly unknown in the US. Yet it is an observation made so frequently that it deserves comment.. X( t5 t, X9 B* c8 T; p+ k0 q/ U2 B
    ; e: R) k/ n) y
    34. We live in a society in which the medicinal and social use of substances (drugs) is pervasive: an aspirin to quiet a headache, some wine to be sociable, coffee to get going in the morning, a cigarette for the nerves." R. g( d' _8 @
    # H9 ~" E+ o: u# R! ~6 |
    35. Dependence is marked first by an increased tolerance, with more and more of the substance required to produce the desired effect, and then by the appearance of unpleasant with drawal  symptoms when the substance is discontinued.
( r# S' [1 ]& J( z, P% {- T   
+ i& U) J' }! o% G. H8 P5 w& E    36. "Is this what you intended to accomplish with your careers?" Senator Robert Dole asked Time Warner executives last week. "You have sold your souls, but must you corrupt our nation and threaten our children as well?"
; D! X& U+ Q2 M& N4 a3 g    . O2 U, Z3 A# f0 m- A
    37. "The test of any democratic society, he wrote in a Wall Street Journal column', "lies not in how well it can control expression_r_r but in whether it gives freedom of thought and  expression_r_r the widest possible latitude, however disputable or irritating the results may sometimes be..."8 r: \; u# E! r0 l) }5 j
  y4 E4 ?' J1 e2 `+ O! Y
   38. During the discussion of rock singing verses at last month's stockholders' meeting, Levin  asserted that "music is not the cause of society's ills" and even cited his son, a teacher in  the Bronx, New York, who uses rap to communicate with students.+ U! e% m2 C$ f  Z
    , o. N0 W8 r* Q" b& V9 H
    39. Much of the language used to describe monetary policy, such as "steering the economy to a soft landing" of "a touch on the brakes" , makes it sound like a precise science. Nothing could be further from the truth.. U* S6 O' A! \7 n' x! `

- k" N' [# g: _6 V! Z    40. Economists have been particularly surprised by favorable inflation figures in Britain and the United States, since, conventional measures suggest that both economies, and especially America's, have little productive slack.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 02:36 , Processed in 0.157469 second(s), 21 queries .