[六级改错] 大学英语六级:短文改错(十七)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本期重点:句子结构混乱  1 Q4 |) j8 R. k6 a$ Q
主要问题是一个简单句出现了两个或多个谓语,或者用动词作句子的主语或宾语, 或者句子关系结构混乱等  
3 X8 d0 m; Q, U5 i5 o2 E; [& B
考点例析 4 e* h2 {( j, _3 F! x5 d
例1:In ordinary speech, a person of culture is the individual  
7 q8 K, ?* I8 u) S$ @- |- m2 fcan speak another language - the person who is familiar S5.______ ( \8 g0 E9 X1 K; o; P' s1 Q
with the arts, music, literature, philosophy, or history. 4 X: n# x9 j3 F$ U
解析:这个句子出现了两个位于动词,在英语中不符合语言规范,从下文可以看出后面部分是修饰individual的定语从句,缺少了引导词,所以要在can前加who或that。
1 v! f3 O7 \5 w% f$ R8 V! l$ }例2:There are backward towns on the edge of Bombay or , j  U$ e, a/ v' U
Brasilia, just as though there were on the edge of S3._______ " t0 L5 c! c$ ]2 s" i* k4 |0 X
seventeenth-century London or early nineteenth- * ~5 Q! k0 Z0 K3 m& ~8 }" v
century Paris. , k* _: h5 m' `" D
解析:本句大意是:在孟买或巴西利亚周边有一些落后的城镇,正如17世纪的伦敦或19世纪初期周边也有一些落后城镇一样。两句之间的连词应该表示比较,“与...相同”,使后一句成为前一句的比较状语从句。连词as意为“像...一样”,前面just强调程度表示“正如,与...相同”。
. m! N6 d  C" Z( K4 H例3:When the wedding is gathered by the altar, the bride and  
- ]# y9 r5 g4 o  G) k$ A0 jgroom exchange vows. Fllowing the vows, the couple  
+ p  y9 a/ o* b/ H: Zexchange rings. Wear the wedding ring on the forth finger of ________
6 s5 O4 n5 b) e9 R" K+ U7 {# L- pthe left hand is an old custom. 9 o/ C( D4 L4 G4 o- W
解析:本句的主语是动词短语Wear the wedding ring on the forth finger of the left hand,但动词本身不能做主语,只有用其相应的动名词形式才能做主语,所以将wear改为wearing 0 e  d  |- u! P( ~0 p
巩固与拓展
" b- E, d( j2 Q' O6 R1.Except for relatively isolated trouble spots like present-day  + N$ T- ]# h& X) j3 H
Somalia, and occasional years of good harvests, the world’s
/ [  [+ W  a" d0 e& wfood crisis has remained just around the corner. Most experts  
* B% ^6 l( J" l7 C- ^believe this can continue even as if the population doubles by ________ 0 w  |5 X1 _' I1 L3 S+ s# S( J
the mid-21st century, although feeding I0 billion people will not  
& m9 h8 F7 u* V6 F& M& l& ube easy for political, economic and environmental reasons. 2 g: r: W! I8 ]" f# i
2. With collections expand, with the needs and funtions of __________ - E* x" Z9 ?: l* V
museums change, empty space has become a very precious __________ $ b* J. Y# V% P4 p# w% p2 k
commodity.
0 N- l# z7 t5 }4 v  f3.This modern treatment will cure leprosy in 6 to 12 months,  
0 S* D4 h; L) b) ]' u5 Q7 j6 udepend on the form of the disease. _________
; t9 e- _, L8 q$ }+ I# D7 N3 S4.Cloth-making, though a domestic industry in the esrly years,  3 Y1 z! O/ X! J, o: z; \4 J3 ?
had the characteristic of capitalist production separated the ____________
0 t9 f" ?7 W9 aemployer from the employee and in troduced the division of labor.
! s$ y/ R7 c! b/ g$ Z5. Here are a few ways to avoid end up on the reject pile. ______________  8 U: ^0 }6 x9 G
Print your CV on good-quality white paper.  / E+ U( s: ~9 P( ~' e
CVs with flowery backgrounds or pink paper will  2 q6 G9 O* \0 L2 w! j  o
stand out for all the wrong reasons。
; X$ h; w& l0 o' J综合训练 - _3 m$ U& n# Y: `& [
Aphrodite loved Adonis more than she did to heaven, for 1.______
& ^; D. i, i7 u, C3 p) ?* bHe was a brisk, lovely young hunter. She abandoned her residence  ( U: j. q7 ?9 Q
at Olympus and took to the woods, where she dressed  & Q7 A, Z4 ~, r4 Q
herself up like a huntress and kept the youth companion all day 2.________ / |$ G7 [4 Y( k! m, }8 f
long. With him she roved through bushy grounds and groves and  
5 q/ D; A  T6 ^7 a" H3 r/ B) L" Dover hills and dales, cheering hounds and pursuing game of a  
& c3 K. ]* H9 U1 ~' H  i/ bharmless sort. They had a great time together. However, she  " o! ^, b$ s( H. v- G
warned him many times to chase wild beasts like lions and 3.________ % r, z1 D5 l1 {1 T' g) l1 V" H
wolves, but the young man just laughed at the idea. * m! H$ K0 m. V1 u
One day, after warning him thus, she left to Olympus in 4.________
, F  p' e$ d: H* {her chariot. Quite by chance Adonis" hounds found a boar, that 5.________
6 L0 q0 u; c$ o7 froused Adonis to enthusiasm. He hit the beast with a dart, and 6.________
$ j9 {5 c8 M' S& T" [7 L$ gthe boar, turning on him ,buried its white tusk deep into his  
7 s0 a; Y- q  j2 m" s) a+ y$ [. ztender side and trampled him to death.
+ R4 K' x7 K( m# rWhen Aphrodite came back to find her lover cold in death,  
0 b* V/ M7 T* L* y. Lshe burst into a passion of tears. Unable to wrest him back from  ) t# d! P4 U9 n8 z% g+ T
the low world, she sprinkled nectar on Adonis" blood and 7.________ 9 @( R, n4 n2 U) D' ]
turned it into anemone, a delicate purple flower. 9 q  }; F) @) r0 z
Aphrodite was, therefore, still inconsolable. In grief and 8.________
5 J) c4 t4 C2 Y: D0 kdespair she flew to Zeus and implored him to restore Adonis to  
5 U0 ^4 _% p5 V" e4 i1 j' N5 i2 Zher. Though she had Zeus" sympathy, Hades was by no means  - G: U, G& X1 [5 p  l5 c( r* L
prepared to comply with her request. After the much dispute a 9.________
/ X: X: ?. I" e" Q8 Rcompromise was worked out under which Adonis was to spend  
5 C3 Y1 @6 p' F) H- M4 u& Dhalf the year above ground with Aphrodite, but the rest six 10.________ 9 a' `: ?# J. c" A& N0 ?! X( p
months in the Elysian Fields. Therefore, in spring time Adonis  0 C# t+ x+ q* x8 x+ T; g
came back to the loving embrace of Aphrodite, but when winter  
( v. g; x" R7 L6 e/ I3 K9 dcame he had to return most reluctantly to Hades.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:59 | 显示全部楼层

大学英语六级:短文改错(十七)

参考答案及解析:. u: x6 S$ l. Y+ M6 D- d1 q* z% M  a
巩固与拓展 , r  B3 C% J: C1 F8 W" ^
1. as -> /
8 j& k" h" D7 M2 L, S  T! z这里应该表示“即使”的意思,所以去掉as,even if“即使,尽管”。, L5 Z1 u/ V6 D* ]
2. expand -> expanding, change -> changing ; O& \) u. e0 D" U

6 f- n& e1 L, y! p4 w3 e3. depend -. depending / W6 I4 G7 q& X( e9 u0 ?
4. separated前加that
$ {9 p  g% H7 i此处separate后面应为定语从句,修饰capitalist production。此处定语从句缺少主语,需要加上引导词。
7 \5 q9 B7 \/ m# q5. end -> ending
$ Z9 m! K1 V. Q) I0 F8 a( [. x% E
4 m2 Z4 r/ X( N, Q) K$ h! P  E综合训练   C( R) O; @: t( x
1. to → /
  L9 m* m% ^. N- [* I. X3 Jdid这里代表前文提到的动词loved,是及物动词,不用介词就可直接加宾语。
+ R' p" }; f: y" d0 Y/ G2. companion → company
  m5 c) V1 G9 Okeep sb. company是固定搭配,意为“与某人做伴”,companion与company是同义词,都是“伴侣”之意,但companion是可数名词,而company则不可数。
  b1 [% E6 c# n$ f+ K+ j/ c) w3. times ∧ to → not
+ z0 t) F  T: v7 @! T$ {warn sb. not to do sth. 是固定搭配,意为“警告某人不要做某事”。很多有“警告某人做某事”的说法,况且这里根据上下文知道Aphrodite常警告Adonis不要捕猎狮、狼一类凶猛的野兽。
- b; U5 t' B/ N/ \( [4. to → for 6 u5 Y# g7 ?% k' t1 Y0 `  J( g
leave for a place,意为“出发去某地”,介词用for不用to。
2 M8 g6 i" @4 H, e+ [( J5. that → which
: h* M) Q5 }- T( {1 K, T. T这里是一个非限制定语从句,应该用which引导。
* a  w" f! d' ~1 t% ]2 M3 B) ?6. and → but
$ N9 s2 X% U' N; m- r, w$ N这里有一个语气的转折,前一个分句说“他用标枪投中了这头野兽”,后面一个分句紧接
& F5 b0 b( ?0 O+ i8 n$ ?着就说“但这只野猪却向他扑来……”前后形成对比,一个讲人的行动,一个讲兽的行动,两者互相攻击。
+ _. J" g/ h9 B3 l, {9 i5 X9 N5 g7. low → lower做形容词用的low,有“地位低下”之意,但也常有“品质、道德”败坏之意,所以引申意常代替本意。这里lower world指的是“冥府,地下”,是和地下世界比较而言,因此较常用low的比较级形式。
9 W# r# v* y7 ^9 A! {8. therefore → however ! o( P6 h$ O  R
上下文说Aphrodite把死去的Adonis变成了一种美丽的花,但仍不感到安慰,又向宙斯求助要他向冥王把Adonis讨回。因此,这里如果用therefore则隐含“感到安慰”之意,如果是however,则表转折,意为“仍不满足”。
$ T- f# E, g$ d$ n9. the → / 7 V  Q5 P  l3 x/ J2 w) T% l
dispute是不可数名词,意为“争辩、讨论”。much dispute表示“大量争吵,讨价还价”,the完全不必要。
8 Q* t! e0 d: w4 Y4 [( p10. rest → remaining
3 X& o, B* W4 brest表“剩下”时,可说the rest of… 或只说the rest,在这里说“剩下的六个月”是the rest of the year或the remaining 6 months。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:15 , Processed in 0.213938 second(s), 23 queries .