QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[六级改错] 大学英语六级:短文改错(四十三)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
模拟训练(4)
, F; G% Q, M' W. CWhen some 19th New Yorkers said “Harlem”, they meant almost3 I) y% N+ N: I6 [" i! O$ i, @
all of Manhattan above 86th Street. Toward the end of the century,: u% p" X% D7 C" {  @! b5 X
however, a group of citizens in upper Manhtattan want, perhaps, to ___1___, ~  o2 F3 z2 s
shape a closer and more precise sense of community designated a
" o9 C/ I# y4 p6 a$ l- S4 \2 ?section that they wished to have known as Harlem. The choosen area5 P) t/ E) c' ^! m! W0 e! d1 k; Y
was the Harlem which Blacks were moving in the first decades of the ___2___5 N% r* L) U3 J# I3 v( J
new century as they left their old settlements on the middle and lower
( ~+ C: Q3 }7 m- w7 b4 Xblocks of the West Side.& u6 V" Z: z! b. \
As the community became predominantly Black, the very word
: }: r# o4 p1 k( k. \2 S- l- I“Harlem” seemed to lose its old mean. At times it was easy to forget ___3___" P' {* _/ N8 h" z0 f
that “Harlem” was originally the Dutch name “Harlem”, the ___4___3 _! x) A. x/ V6 _) L
community it described had been found by people from Holland,* U7 s2 w' _+ P9 _" A& D' C  x
and that for most of its three centuries ---- it was first settled in the( f8 n( S2 x1 G& N; M! z
sixteen hundreds ---- it had been preoccupied by White New Yorkers. ___5___
& e4 S2 h5 B  D: n! N“ Harlem” became synonymous to Black life and Black stytle in ___6___, @; d( d% C  l& S. b
Manhattan. Blacks living there used the word as though they had2 B" b9 g5 F, r5 Y* D
coined it on themselves --- not only to designate their area of residence ___7___$ ^. k; h5 Y5 \8 s  ?
but to express their sense of the various qualities of its life and% j# E. ]1 N: O5 b4 v5 \' h( B
atmosphere. As years passed, “Harlem” assumed an even large ___8___
2 T: j# q) w& Q" Imeaning. In the words of Adam Clayton Powell, Sr, the pastor of the
7 ~+ k9 Y% ?  y' ~5 EAbyssinian Baptist Church, Harlem “ became the symbol of the liberty/ J9 f2 h9 X0 j# ]
and the Promised Land to Negroes everywhere.
+ j8 U5 g9 T9 lBy 1919, Harlem’s population had grown by several thousand. It4 C9 M  q" k2 v) k: H7 H4 R
had received its share of wartime migration form the South, the
: a3 C6 w2 G" uCaribbean, and parts of colonial Africa. Some of the new arrivals9 G7 G" S5 I) P# C7 s( m( ^1 E9 S
merely lived in Harlem; it was New York they come to, looking ___9___# r# q& h2 Q8 G* v+ H! I
for jobs and for all the other legendary opportunities of life in the city.
1 O  f7 h+ O" X& uTo others who migrated to Harlem, New York was merely the city% j, w: N! V/ n4 F5 D, R& c& e$ J4 w
in which they found themselves: Harlem was exactly what they ___10___: W( ~3 f/ O: X: ~% f1 Z
wished to be., h2 ]: S: C  T( F2 b. J! y1 {
! l( _( N% t3 T
+ F/ ]# C1 f% l2 _) U/ g
( ~$ s5 \& g! _' s7 E
答案及解析:( J0 g7 i% U5 \  l' O* ?. W  G& K
1. want -> wanting1 w8 ^3 X8 T6 c. Y! u
本句的谓语是designated,want….community应该是修饰citizens的定语,因此需要将动词want变成分词形式,且为主动关系,故将want改为wanting。 7 w: p; X5 u; R: l2 N
; N1 U* @5 r+ D1 S' K6 g
2. which -> where或which前加to) V. g8 G) F' I/ C6 ]3 p& y% w0 I
which引导的是修饰Harlem的定语从句,从句中moved(搬家)是不及物动词,所以要在which前面加上介词to,或者将which改为where。8 U$ [6 n# X. z% G: C

" X$ t7 [% z- q7 a8 ~9 u3. mean -> meaning
5 E" i" P' Z/ a2 nmean作名词时意为“平均数,中间,中庸”,不符合题意;而meaning意为“意义,含义”,lose its old meaning意为“失去了昔日的意义”,符合题意。
! {$ ~+ M5 d, f- V5 u) {+ q& S0 G7 F* j( a6 l
4. 第二个the前加that
& P' d" E& B  j# w1 @. O本句中forget后面引导的是三个并列的宾语从句。在一个词引导两个或多个宾语从句时,第一句宾语从句的that可省可不省,但第二句或从第二句以后的that都不可以省略。
+ {5 D5 @6 G4 i. R" j$ M. W: x: J
, s+ w* q: K" ^: Z! u5. preoccupied -> occupied
2 V2 G) L& x$ u! d: `3 B这里的 hundreds没有错,in the sixteen hundreds 相当于in the 1600s。preoccupy意为“使全神贯注,使入神”, be preoccupied with意为“忙于做某事”,不符合题意;而occupy意为“居住,占用”,符合题意。
" P2 w1 M8 u' v; s. G
+ L; B  C* h0 {% K0 D+ C; u6. to -> with
( F' B  |- w% abe synonymous with意为“与…等同,与…意义相同”。- Z" V. n; t- F& c4 g; h

/ p3 S, z6 ]# e0 B) s7. on -> by
6 D! N( \. U* yby themselves表示“他们自己”,本句中的coin“杜撰(单词)”,结合句意可知,应该将on改为by。
. x* x5 U3 H) ^" ?: H% ^3 X8 w' [4 z* B3 ?1 K
8. large -> larger
2 t, y" x1 X7 D( leven修饰的形容词要用比较级。" U2 C( ^6 a8 Q6 k! @

. w$ B0 _4 X& E+ l( q+ U% c. l9. they前加that& t" ~0 s; |9 C& D) [; y
这里是it is …that…的强调句型,该句型中的that不可以省略。
. }9 c  ?/ g# V6 d& a: s
  y* ?% V! ~3 y& l7 D% W10. what -> where
) F8 H* x+ ~- K% g$ v  c3 V如果用what,则最后一句的意思就成了“哈莱姆区正是他们希望成为的地方了”,不符合题意。正确的意思应该是“哈莱姆区正是他们希望居住的地方”,所以应该将what改为where。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 04:10 , Processed in 0.360060 second(s), 22 queries .