立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 112|回复: 0

[六级改错] 大学英语六级改错练习(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
   本期重点:介词短语和固定搭配   介词短语就是由多个词构成的介词,如because of,in spite of等;固定搭配则指习语和一些常见的固定用法,即由名词、形容词、动词等和介词或者副词构成的短语,如influence on, different from, rely on 等。无论是介词短语还是固定搭配,考点常常对准介词,出现介词误用的情况;除此之外,对固定搭配的考查也常常涉及搭配中的冠词和名词单复数等问题,如将in contrast误用为in the contrast,keep one’s words误用为keep one’s word等等。/ b0 \3 W" C% s9 K& L1 B5 }; _
  一、例题精析:, x' v+ f0 ~6 @! M
  例1: But to sociologists, to be* J. S! i8 c$ B- U& d
  human is to be cultured, because of culture is the common world S7.______
! g6 x6 s1 e1 T- R0 \" V  of experience we share with other members of our group.
& w9 y  G- `2 L" V' t  解析:分析句子的结构可知,because of 后面是一个完整的句子。当表示原因时because of 后跟名词,because 后跟句子,所以此处的of应该去掉。
6 z5 m. \( E! c$ ~' ~5 f) z  例2:If you are sending your CV electronically, check the$ P* N" A  |9 S9 l9 L# i2 ?9 R& p
  formatting by sending it to yourself first. Keep up S8_________0 F; U! a5 v# t8 h/ @. N
  the format simple.( r' [$ ~! B( S7 J) U
  解析:keep up意为“坚持,维持”;keep表示“保持”,可以在后面加宾语及其补足语。
$ c* E- _8 ]0 G- G) x" \  例3:As we know, smoking not only gives harm to smokers’ health, 1. __________- g3 e: z8 X2 y$ w
  but also non-smokers who live with them.
- k, W# K5 J. a0 `/ x# M7 }  解析:此处考查固定搭配do harm to,意为“对…有害”,所以此处的gives应改为does。" z' W5 \( e0 q7 z
  例4:There may be sound medical reasons for accepting electrical! n# W* D7 a: ~, p1 b5 {& W: ]  V
  shock treatment, but such reasons are totally dependent in the balance of 75. ____risks and benefits for the patients.
9 ]) [9 S' a6 h, Q  e: W  解析:dependent on 意思为“依靠,依赖”,而没有dependent in 这种用法。所以这里应该将in改为on。7 q. G# [+ I# E, U: M
    二、巩固与拓展:
5 U8 \8 S3 N( c  s% E0 [  1.But we must keep in head the billions of dollars we might spend in carrying out the project
  H4 \8 |" p. n5 ~9 }  ___________5 C& R$ x" {8 u6 a
  2. In every home a stereo or television will fill the rooms sound and joy. __________, _: H- Y8 m: Y8 n% M
  3. The family’s recreation and social life chiefly consisted a drive in the wagon _____
% f0 f, [: X- `: R  T* W  to the nearby small town or village to transact some business as well as to chat with neighbors who had also come to town.$ R% w* U6 g6 r, \
  4. Some manufacturers of coffee makers are trying to make advantage of this _____% l2 B$ b' Y: ~# U
  trend by developing diminutive machines that brew(煮)small amounts of coffee.
- {( {' r( J2 Q+ `# A, C, r$ [  5. In Africa, by instance, improved seed, more fertilizer and advanced __________. _( \6 O7 t7 S- U( S2 r
  growing practices have more than doubled corn and wheat yields in an experiment.- G" p( p6 z6 L$ O2 ]* s
  三、综合训练
3 W% {3 i" n$ q2 p( T/ w0 m  Unlike any earlier building complex anywhere in the world, Rocke-
% t! p, R! w- J$ i6 y4 K! ]7 [  Feller in New York City was built, not for a place where people could 1. _______3 x; U, F/ {$ e5 U/ g+ I
  live in, but as a city in which they could work. It was one of the 2._______/ y# h6 v; H( z& z/ I- N; X
  smallest building projects of its kind, a city within city, and of the forerunner 3. ____
, c9 C3 I. E3 P; G& {  of projects that has sprung up all over the world. 30 architects, 120 draftsmen, 4. __  g1 t# U' K; H: I' c2 `
  and hundreds of other artists and technicians are employed just to 5. ______$ [1 u- F1 |3 d! c8 Q
  draft the plan. Before the buildings could be erect, 229 old buildings had 6. _____) q# c, |1 }: S  Q
  to be emptied of 4,000 tenants and razed. Just to buy up the leases took
2 Y+ o5 j, S" X$ c" O: t$ L( v  over two years and cost over $6,000,000. The unusual shape and setbacks
' |% f5 [. z+ H. N: f  of the 70-story RCA building resulted primary from practical considerations 7. ______% l: |7 ]- D- q
  such as lighting, the movement of people and the building’s services.8 C% u9 u$ I5 x$ c4 O
  The lower concourse and basement level were set aside for shops. A5 `) J( Y6 _2 _
  Sunken plaza, complete with yards and fountains, were designed to provide 8. ____) `6 A# [/ I  t7 W* |
  access in these shops. Today the plaza, which is used for ice-skating 9. _____
" f7 y0 J+ A* G( O" ]% W) z  winter and dining and dancing in summer,
4 S0 A8 S. f5 E+ w# v7 d+ p8 _  \  is one of the center’s most popular attraction. 10. _________
9 r( e& E6 ^/ l# d7 F# i# J( G( d    巩固与拓展:
; w- g1 a, a. S6 N2 O% L2 C  1.head -> mind 本题考查固定搭配keep in mind的用法,意思为“记住”。1 N9 i+ |) H& p, {
  2.Rooms后加with 本题考查fill sth with sth 的用法,意思为“使…充满…,使…填满…”。注意还有be filled with,be full of 的用法,两个的意思同样为“填满了、充满了”。
, M; t. g9 U5 k6 ^6 x  3.consisted后加of consist为不及物动词,如果要再后面跟宾语的话应先加上of,意思为“由…构成”。, C% u3 l! ^" V$ K2 m
  4.make -> take take advantage of 为固定搭配,意思为“利用”,与其同样意思的词组还有make use of。
+ i* y. S* a& u# [% r$ Y  5.by -> for
' K2 x# X- z5 W" `+ h  s" ?  综合练习:; ~2 `7 P& ^$ S, v" k) L
  1.for -> as
% o3 Y' X* X/ m" j6 v' ?9 Q  介词误用。根据句意,此处意思是“作为”的意思,故用as。
! l( l0 \/ L6 s  2.去掉第一个in' i# E$ D3 {8 p* S2 x
  句子结构混乱。此处定语从句的关系副词为where,证明从句缺地点状语;live后面如果使用in,那么从句就只却宾语,所以将in去掉。
: c) q+ q$ f8 u; p  3.smallest -> biggest
/ e/ h' I# |0 |& n9 y8 E6 h( I/ X  逻辑错误。整篇文章讲的都是纽约城洛克菲勒地区的建设如何完善和巨大,因此它成为“城中城”,可见此处要说的是“它是同类型项目中最大的一个”,故将smallest改为biggest
6 ~8 `2 j9 j. @9 y3 f2 o  4.has -> have6 s# T/ R' t; |% c# S
  主谓不一致。定语从句的谓语动词应该和先行词保持一致,此处先行词为复数,所以谓语动词用have。! c4 W7 A1 K$ Q# h1 C& J8 c8 i
  5.are -> were
0 }8 r: T) p0 I* A! \+ N7 h1 g- y8 Y+ p/ l  整篇文章的基本时态为一般过去时,此处依然将过去的事情,故将are改为were。2 J. V! o6 |) e6 B! R* y2 d
  6.erect -> erected( e; Q1 {3 i3 `/ r8 [
  此处是典型的被动语态,系动词后面要使用过去分词。
  W: O2 _! R7 ?8 q: Z! D. L" _, r  7.primary -> primarily6 X9 M" q$ h* D% M
  词性混淆。此处应该用副词修饰动词resulted。
% ]: e, \& @5 e9 X9 V, B  8.were -> was* s" ~9 E9 r$ J) _4 H  m2 u, ~6 G
  主谓不一致。本句的主语为A Sunken plaza,而complete with yards and fountains只是插入语,所以谓语动词要用单数。. H; |' {# B4 {
  9.in -> to9 t8 Q8 [. v, P8 F
  此处access to 意为“通向…的入口”,与其相关的词组还有have access to(to为介词) ,意思为“有权利…,有机会做…” 。
& {; `, x! [  x  10.attraction -> attractions
: q- s5 _5 n# N9 p$ K  名次单复数问题。前面有了one of,attraction又时可数名词,故使用复数
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 14:06 , Processed in 0.163637 second(s), 21 queries .