立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 147|回复: 1

[六级改错] 2011年12月大学英语六级改错练习(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  易混词主要考查近义词混用和形近词混淆。英语词汇中有很多词在拼写上、语义上很相似,如assure / ensure, rise / arise /raise, effect / affect, adopt / adapt,likely / probable,accept / receive,like / as,cost / spend等, 但是它们的用法却迥然不同。这些易混淆的词构成六级改错的一个重要错误类型。* a: }4 f3 g5 Z4 [
  考点例析:
7 b% L' }- x2 A  例1: His persistence was awarded when the car finally started. ________5 a+ X$ X4 O, z& {% H2 @
  解析:句中“award”是“颁发,授予(奖赏)”之义,而文中想要表达的意思是“汽车终于启动了,那就是对他坚持不懈精神的回报。”应把award改成reward。. b9 I1 ]  ?& @: j
  例2:A diversity committee composed of reporters, editors, and! j) Z0 z+ J& ]
  photographers meets regularly to value the Seattle Times’ S5.________
/ ~# o1 B" \. H7 G0 r7 i0 ?4 ^  content and to educate the rest of the newsroom staff about8 s( P7 d6 f, w/ ]
  diversity issues./ H$ L5 U2 u1 q+ S- U
  解析:动词value有两个含义:第一,to think that someone or something is important,比如I value our friendship。第二,to decide how much money something is worth,比如we decide to get this house valued。不论哪个含义,用于此都不适合。从文中可以推测这些人碰头人是为了judge how good, useful, or successful the paper is,因此要用evaluate。5 |3 R, V* q) Z+ c% k
  例3:Leprosy is caused by bacteria spread through liquid from the nose
. a7 L0 ~8 b0 ]8 o2 X% F+ E  and mouth. The disease mainly effects the skin and nerves. S4.________0 s$ M2 I4 u5 e& r
  解析:effect 作动词时意为“产生,招致(某种结果);实现,完成”,但此处需要表示“影响”,故将effects -> affects.7 Z, V2 C: ]6 M- E2 R5 E
  巩固与拓展
, Q# k. X; o( z% H: s% ^  1. His success result from part in his ability to sell the product and# J+ s9 }  h: G  d* `
  in part from his policy of expanding during periods of economical __________
! s, q. V  ]* p. B  decline, when most of his competitors were reducing their investments.7 Y# _+ R8 K' X+ n' F
  2. There is a train which leaves London at 5pm and: k- n1 p. F" f5 b' Q' h% y
  arrives Cambridge at 6:45pm. __________$ z4 o9 a2 y" a
  3. In fact, psychologists adapt a similar approach to scientists in other fields ______
% y% n1 X' F$ h- c: o- A8 E' r  4. They are far more probable to report that they don’t have the time to ______( ?. x# v) `6 p% B5 E
  read the papers and have no interest in the content.
8 _; G% K% D5 x8 V  5. Ever since the enclosures, wool and then woolen cloth" {/ u% c2 z# p2 P# X
  had been the principle exports of England ________
0 O* R' T: u8 T1 E+ _8 o3 R4 a1 @7 K  综合训练
# p% l1 e5 G2 H% z1 j+ k4 m' b  A “typical” British family used to consist of mother, father and two% A7 C9 l6 x9 g' Y+ o) @
  children, and in recent years there have been many changes in family 1.____4 A: V# L7 ]$ d( D8 P. `7 h
  life. Some of these have been caused by new laws and other 2. _____% v( Y4 G1 a9 R& b2 ?8 N3 A
  are the result of changes in society. For example, for the law 3.___9 }. F5 \+ u0 s8 J4 u% Q4 V
  made easier to get a divorce, the number of divorces has increased. 4. ______6 u5 ?+ w0 f. i: Z1 D
  In fact, one marriage in every three now end in divorce. This means that 5. ______
8 s; \$ `9 t) z/ G9 N  C- x  there are a lot of one-parent families. Society is now more tolerant than it
4 \. K3 @5 W+ c8 ~; b. V  used to be with unmarried people, unmarried couples and single parents. 6._____1 o: y" y: y8 C( j2 y
  Another change has been caused by the fact people are living longer 7. ____, o' N7 m5 o0 q
  nowadays, and many old people lives alone following the death of their
  i6 i2 p2 L( c" ^! r: ?& I* ]  partners. As a cause of these changes in the pattern of people’s lives, there 8.____9 @( N7 q& A% D6 x4 S( I4 X5 _" U
  are many families consist of only one person or one person and children. .9._____% L+ [" H7 M# g9 _
  You might think that marriage and the families are not so popular as they8 p9 t0 O0 F7 L( X4 @, s7 |$ U( B
  once are. However, the majority of divorced people marry again and they 10._____
/ \# d9 q2 g8 Q2 k  sometimes take responsibility for a second family.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:59 | 显示全部楼层

2011年12月大学英语六级改错练习(2)

参考答案及解析:) Z4 K9 D# V( g- M1 y9 c
  巩固与拓展
- g! N7 ~) L7 T6 ^  1. His success result from part in his ability to sell the product and
# |" T7 t9 `$ Y  [: K  in part from his policy of expanding during periods of economical __________+ A& q  O4 [! E( o
  decline, when most of his competitors were reducing their investments.8 `* i) e1 s  m0 u1 g$ K7 p
  economical -> economic
) _; M7 S8 J# w4 n4 Y. F  economical意为“节俭的”,economic意为“经济的”,此处说的是经济滑坡,所以应该是economic decline。
: l. S8 z7 S: c; n  2. There is a train which leaves London at 5pm and& G4 H" L( f1 Z1 c+ h: ]3 n# G: p/ o
  arrives Cambridge at 6:45pm. __________3 X# |5 K0 m* Y
  arrives -> reach或arrives后加in% O4 i& e- {9 L4 [6 a1 Z& K5 h
  arrive是不及物动词,表示“到达”时如果后面要跟地方就要加上介词或者将其改成与其同义的及物动词reach。% _2 Q, n, ~" }% F) y9 Q4 m3 a
  3. In fact, psychologists adapt a similar approach to scientists in other fields ______) m  ?- x' i4 a, g1 X4 S, D, _
  adapt -> adopt3 w- R9 e* y% _# q$ ]: M1 F
  adapt意为“使…适应”,adopt意为“采用,收养”,根据句意应该是用后者。. [) K! o6 V: u0 M' J7 P
  4. They are far more probable to report that they don’t have the time to ______6 l' a* Q; H) N& x+ F/ L) v6 Z
  read the papers and have no interest in the content.
9 P+ x( J8 P7 [  probable -> likely/ O  D  n) s& N! q( E9 v2 v
  两者都有“可能的’之意,但是用probable时,主语只能是物或者形式主语it,而使用likely对于主语没有特别的要求。) J1 G# S3 l& ^" z" T
  5. Ever since the enclosures, wool and then woolen cloth
+ H2 V; D- z5 Q$ y  had been the principle exports of England ________
$ z8 N, W% w& }8 F% `  principle -> principal
2 v! M3 c1 U& u9 V, h- S& |  principle意为“原则”;principal可以作形容词,意为“主要的”,也可作名词,意为“校长”。此处意为“主要出口商品”,故应该使用principal。" \9 B, @5 X4 n7 ^
  综合训练:6 b/ x/ `: R% \
  1. and -> but' w5 }9 g2 _6 \
  根据上下文,此处应为转折关系
* z$ p3 B8 B/ F6 X$ C  2. other -> others/ C+ R$ J  ^% b1 z% `: N  a
  这里是some….others的固定用法。
; x( `) I: V* S! z6 p  3. for -> since
; @+ N3 W" ?6 I: P. N$ H: S8 o  for和since都可以表示“因为”,但是for表示原因引导得从句一般放在句末,所以在此处不对4 Z! I# G5 f; {/ t! I" @2 _" B2 O. n
  4. made -> made it+ z- k1 L" {9 k  u. O) {9 r
  句子主语是law,位于是made,easier是宾语补足语,逻辑宾语是easier后面的to get a divorce,可见此句缺少形式宾语it。
; f, |1 H0 R, d9 Q/ A9 C; z  5. end -> ends9 y# T5 W5 E) N$ Y6 `2 ?& Y
  主语one marriage in every three 是单数,故谓语动词也要用单数。
3 R+ }6 A2 Q  h% p/ t  6. with -> of4 G2 s; F9 o4 k! z! c+ E( U
  形容词tolerant后面只能用of。还原原句为Society is now more tolerant than it used to be ( tolerant) of unmarried people。. s* X" u) k" ]3 d( q- j
  7. the fact -> the fact that
4 W: q% Q- d' k8 d$ _/ S  fact之后的部分是同位语从句,补充说明fact7 r) C& Q3 E# @- J% q* P
  8. cause -> result
* D+ Y8 t2 X* b4 Y  s a cause of意为“作为…的原因”,as a result of意为“作为…的结果”,根据上下文语义,应该用后者。
" B1 K& |. E# p, I  9. consist -> consisting或consist前加which或that
, C# {  B) m' w3 m  句子结构混乱。简单句中不能同时出现两个谓语动词。
6 G5 \( \7 z% g4 i: t" w  10.are -> were
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 23:01 , Processed in 0.212339 second(s), 23 queries .