QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 134|回复: 0

[六级改错] 2011年大学英语六级改错模拟练习题29

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The white House began to be built in 1792, but it
6 H1 H) K% R, q: Zwas not completed until ten years later. Every American president lived
; N9 o6 m! ~. o6 ^' O/ \# B4 tin it except for George Washington, although he did have a ___1_____, o% A& Y9 F. O4 l% S
majority part in designing it. ____2____
  O' g; @7 R! Z$ c+ R3 Y. x  [The government held a competition to choose the best ! Q; y+ R" Y  u, U4 [2 q9 q5 Z
design for the president"s house. The winner was a young man of ____3___
# Z* O) }" F& bSouth Carolina, James Hoban. His design was a three-level . ]% F  Q% V. L! c
house of stone. And President Washington made some changes , o" }# z- H- C, {' H
in the winning design. He made the house long and wider, and ____4___1 v; p4 T9 D0 a& R( p
changed it into a two-storied house instead of three.
; F# {/ O1 S- }7 @% kThe second president, John Adams, was first to live in the _____5___7 W7 J# U" k; w/ k  u$ `
White House. When he and his wife moved onto the new house ____6____% W; V3 n' N# Y# h2 `+ ?5 ]
in November, 1800, work was still going on, although the main4 w$ Z& j' ?# C/ R. ^3 U9 W. U! U  U5 V
live area was completed. The whole work did not finish until the ____7____
! w" a0 ^% {+ M4 t* B! z8 ladministration of the 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson.0 |- a5 u$ s1 d1 |$ x* G1 L& d0 i- i. f
Twelve years later, the British army invaded Washington . j$ ?: j8 V& n2 ?
and burned the White House. The fire completely destroyed the
. e2 b8 P( W  _% ?inside of the building and experts said the White House was so ____8____
: r$ E! b/ N4 Y5 bdangerous to live in. Later on workers rebuilt the inside of the
# q- M$ l! r1 n& L2 n0 h, jWhite House. More offices were added, most of which underground. ___9____% q5 @) V/ d; x& _* O
None of the work, however, changed the appearing of ___10_____& G$ v' Z4 N! l$ ~7 e4 A
the building. Many people asked why the president"s house is called % h1 j5 Z% j8 r
the White House. Historians say it has been so called simply because 9 O% Q+ e4 q. p5 E+ i* l' `
it was painted white.
: l8 k. O* z7 {/ I/ ]8 W1.for → /% Y" f' a. L9 b- G  o$ W/ k. b
在句子中说明前后两个相等成份的关系时用except,否则用except for。本句是说每位美国总统,除了乔治%26#8226;华盛顿,都曾在白宫居住过“Every American president”与“George Washington”为对等成分,故应去掉for。
: q* j; k7 V* }) e! {6 L3 j. k% n2.majority → major7 `% o) q% D3 u: M' o! `2 z' l0 E
majority意为“大多数”、“半数以上”,一般后接复数名词,而major则为“主要的”。本句意为“华盛顿在设计白宫中起了主要作用”,故应用major。4 y& x; b2 f3 o9 `2 X
3.of → from
9 q" T; k+ u2 l9 ]要表示一个人的家乡在哪里,介词应为from。
8 x% o( |6 H5 K% t. x7 m6 T4.long → longer
0 R, c. e3 [+ C8 g7 C本句意思是说华盛顿把白宫设计得比原来更长,更宽了一些。与原来作比较,long当然应用比较级,而且and连接的两个形容词也应为对等成分,既然wider是比较级,long也应为比较级。) `" H+ h5 W$ d" y# H
5. was ∧ first → the
9 {3 K; Y9 t) G, {/ R& ?6 Jthe +序数词具有名词意味,在这里the first即表示the first president。% q7 v& E0 k: h3 e! O4 u( @. G3 b3 n8 C2 |
6. onto → into
3 W, h) d0 a  y4 a- |5 p9 B“搬进新居”应为“move in”或“move into”,move on意为“继续前进”,而“move onto”则是不存在的。
( g9 }7 v3 h: Q. z  t+ d7.live → living* K* T3 Y' h* _/ a5 g9 ^2 u
live (a)意为“活着的”,而“living”则是“适于居住的”、“生活的”。the living area意为“适于居住的地区”。
6 c$ }: _1 P, c/ F8. so → too
1 N% {7 O6 j/ N* P原文说,战火把楼房的内部完全烧毁了,专家们说白宫太危险了,不能居住了,所以后来工人们才又重修白宫内部。“太……太……”应为“too…too…”。
- q% C/ n6 Z0 q9. which ∧ underground → were 或which → them0 {! |* ?. I$ x
本句有两种改法,若想使这部分成为非限制性定语从句,则which引导一个句子,后面应加一个“were”;若想使这部分为独立成分,则改which为them。
7 d2 @( A$ F/ s9 M0 w& Q10. appearing → appearance
4 v5 R' ~" P' N2 H. h6 O原句意思是说,重建白宫的工作并未改变它的外貌。appearing为appear(出现)的v. + ing形式,appearance意为“外观,外貌”。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:44 , Processed in 0.271324 second(s), 21 queries .