立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 112|回复: 0

[六级改错] 2011年大学英语六级改错模拟练习题35

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:46:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Aphrodite loved Adonis more than she did to heaven, for 1.______ 1 z) I+ P* m* M: ]) ~
He was a brisk, lovely young hunter. She abandoned her residence
6 i5 T! L" h  m* b* kat Olympus and took to the woods, where she dressed
6 S" @4 M4 q1 I" E' Aherself up like a huntress and kept the youth companion all day 2.________
2 l1 I! M3 l7 g+ E4 flong. With him she roved through bushy grounds and groves and
( z# x4 R# l1 z' E- z) \% G1 |) Tover hills and dales, cheering hounds and pursuing game of a
% G; [8 x, Z7 l( p0 |  _' M) m% H- Jharmless sort. They had a great time together. However, she
! X# a. }" i0 ?- ^: \" {; P6 twarned him many times to chase wild beasts like lions and 3.________
# Z3 L1 a8 G, T1 p; b; }* cwolves, but the young man just laughed at the idea.
2 d& C# v" }9 M7 m! r" GOne day, after warning him thus, she left to Olympus in 4.________ : |3 \! u1 l  y; X3 {% M
her chariot. Quite by chance Adonis" hounds found a boar, that 5.________
6 ~% t! F! m: d/ \( S6 Wroused Adonis to enthusiasm. He hit the beast with a dart, and 6.________ ) b- {/ S: d. w: V6 H' g
the boar, turning on him ,buried its white tusk deep into his ' m  h: N' k) E( E, A2 H9 N
tender side and trampled him to death.
8 X4 ?0 A2 m# z8 ^- @When Aphrodite came back to find her lover cold in death,
- m) D( K3 i# c& u- d3 K- rshe burst into a passion of tears. Unable to wrest him back from 7 K, U4 `$ C& i2 c' {
the low world, she sprinkled nectar on Adonis" blood and 7.________
) s# h) F- e3 J( Y# ?+ s% Oturned it into anemone, a delicate purple flower.
( t' i! K) V# z4 J. J7 zAphrodite was, therefore, still inconsolable. In grief and 8.________
  B% M( c0 R) v$ M1 fdespair she flew to Zeus and implored him to restore Adonis to
$ x4 F' @, ^2 g8 a" e' |8 Gher. Though she had Zeus" sympathy, Hades was by no means
' I  u- C; ~. Y, Z7 q) r# T8 Tprepared to comply with her request. After the much dispute a 9.________ " p; c3 G# _& X- j
compromise was worked out under which Adonis was to spend : c3 T" U! H0 H1 j
half the year above ground with Aphrodite, but the rest six 10.________ / s9 m  U& S9 G, ?9 t
months in the Elysian Fields. Therefore, in spring time Adonis
/ c, O& t& r( ucame back to the loving embrace of Aphrodite, but when winter
) U+ ?" S5 h! S6 u  x' h3 R: i% `came he had to return most reluctantly to Hades.
5 [* ]6 j$ E9 \- p% C5 Z: R# I; {1. to → /
6 C  V) ?' f8 K+ t$ L* W) z, D. ldid这里代表前文提到的动词loved,是及物动词,不用介词就可直接加宾语。 : o* m6 g; u# {) j2 w$ |% X: C
2. companion → company # a6 x' i: S) o* i& g
keep sb. company是固定搭配,意为“与某人做伴”,companion与company是同义词,都是“伴侣”之意,但companion是可数名词,而company则不可数。
) L; r& _) T  s; P: \' P1 L3. times ∧ to → not 5 x5 d* H" ?/ Q2 Q! k
warn sb. not to do sth. 是固定搭配,意为“警告某人不要做某事”。很多有“警告某人做某事”的说法,况且这里根据上下文知道Aphrodite常警告Adonis不要捕猎狮、狼一类凶猛的野兽。
& D& L9 Q' p0 j) b4. to → for + C! Q( X% {6 L+ o- }: @6 K/ m
leave for a place,意为“出发去某地”,介词用for不用to。
8 q3 G# O4 v. t' r3 s2 i! {3 f5. that → which & u  _5 m) G. ?& Y8 ~$ h( A% _+ ]3 `$ q
这里是一个非限制定语从句,应该用which引导。
' ~. _+ @  l0 Y0 d: G  `0 O$ i6. and → but
8 X" N8 x$ k/ \! H4 p" ]这里有一个语气的转折,前一个分句说“他用标枪投中了这头野兽”,后面一个分句紧接
% R9 b4 \, \; l* v: m着就说“但这只野猪却向他扑来……”前后形成对比,一个讲人的行动,一个讲兽的行动,两者互相攻击。 ' }& }' f' o, y" }3 ^% W
7. low → lower做形容词用的low,有“地位低下”之意,但也常有“品质、道德”败坏之意,所以引申意常代替本意。这里lower world指的是“冥府,地下”,是和地下世界比较而言,因此较常用low的比较级形式。 6 Y6 d, G: n: H5 J2 a7 D2 Q
8. therefore → however - o" O+ @1 f; P2 A* u' @
上下文说Aphrodite把死去的Adonis变成了一种美丽的花,但仍不感到安慰,又向宙斯求助要他向冥王把Adonis讨回。因此,这里如果用therefore则隐含“感到安慰”之意,如果是however,则表转折,意为“仍不满足”。
* i/ Z1 L# K% i8 X8 a$ N! H- a9. the → /
' p2 X! {" \' \$ }8 ^dispute是不可数名词,意为“争辩、讨论”。much dispute表示“大量争吵,讨价还价”,the完全不必要。
- n- c5 [" o9 {6 [10. rest → remaining
  Q" j: o- F" qrest表“剩下”时,可说the rest of… 或只说the rest,在这里说“剩下的六个月”是the rest of the year或the remaining 6 months。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 05:24 , Processed in 0.157294 second(s), 21 queries .