只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 113|回复: 1

[六级模拟] 2011年大学英语六级考试模拟演练题(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Part Ⅳ Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth) (25 minutes), u; H& T5 u( v. z
  Section A
9 U2 N* t8 z  i6 H  Directions:In the section, there is a short passage with 5 questions or incomplete statements. Read the passage carefully. Then answer the questions or complete the statements in the fewest possible words. Please write your answers on Answer Sheet 2.; e) B  a) D1 L  ]! Y
  Questions 47 to 51 are based on the following passage.
1 \7 Q7 N9 l, p  The strain of avian influenza virus that has led to the deaths of 140 million birds and 60 people in Asia in the past two years appears to be slowly acquiring genetic changes typical of the “Spanish flu” virus that killed 50 million people nearly a century ago, researchers said yesterday.
1 R& P" }# [  @( m, B( }0 ^  How far the “bird flu” virus has traveled down the evolutionary path to becoming a pandemic virus is unknown. Nor is it certain that the much-feared strain, designated as influenza A/H5N1, will ever acquire all the genetic features necessary for rapid, worldwise spread.0 ]. d9 x8 g# T! n. H
  Nevertheless, the similarities between the Spanish flu virus of 1918 and the H5N1 strain slowly spreading through Asia provide unusually concrete evidence of how dangerous the newer virus is. At least four of its eight genes now contain mutations seen in the deadly strain that circled the globe during and the after World WarⅠ.
  x8 E0 @- @) g  O0 ?4 L  The comparison of the old and new flu viruses is the first practical use of a science use of a science-fiction-like scenario that concluded yesterday with the release of two papers, one by the journal Science and the other by its chief competitor, Nature.
. v, n1 H$ \4 N% P0 c* k) X5 i  After 10 years of work, Taubenberger and his team succeeded in reconstructing the Spanish flu virus, which was responsible for the deadliest epidemic since the Black Death of the Middle Ages. Reborn in the mid-August at a high-security laboratory at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, the pathogen appears in animal experiments to be as lethal as it was in human 87 years ago.www.Examw.com
( D: w- U7 g6 Q! v! F. d* o  The report came as the United States, many other countries and the World Health Organizatiom are making increasingly urgent preparations for a new flu pandemic. The Department of Health and Human Services is stockpiling antiviral drugs and is buying enough experimental bird flu vaccine to inoculate 20 million people. President Bush ( the former president of America ) said in a news conference this week that he is considering the use of the military to enforce quarantines, if necessary, and that the government’s long-awaited pandemic plan will be released soon.. T4 `, N& |& X  E7 F
  What makes the accomplishment reported yesterday so remarkable is that no intact samples of the Spanish flu virus exist. When the pandemic occurred in 1918 and early 1919— only American Samoa and parts of Iceland appear to have been spared— microbiologists did not know for certain what caused it. ( The influenza virus was not identified until 1933.) Although biologists were later able to deduce the broad family of influenza viruses the 1918 strain came from, its genetic identity was lost.! U( W  ?9 k3 W( _+ t
  注意:此部分试题请在答题卡2上作答。
5 E, G7 |4 H, C4 ^: K4 {# }  47.How important it is to find the similarities between the 1918 Spanish flu virus and the Asian avian influenza virus ?
1 D$ }: S  P/ R) H. w9 Q  ]  48.What journals published two papers comparing the two viruses ?# Y) B7 u+ d7 W" a8 p
  49.After Taubenberger and his colleagues worked 10 years, the great success they have achieved is that _________________.
! V) B% N/ e- X, D7 M% I  u7 ]  q* I3 E) q  50.As part of the official preparations for bird flu, the U.S. government will soon ____________.5 C0 a% `* P6 r0 U# F3 b+ M8 K/ y
  51.During and after World War Ⅰ,the whole world was affected by the pandemic except_________.6 y/ A+ A8 m) R! ?6 O4 H7 T$ k0 |
  Section B
9 d: q  v) @4 P2 U8 f  Directions: There are 2 passages in this section. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A),B),C) and D).You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre." V- R, u! [+ d+ e3 W0 A, j! i- m
  Passage one- t5 o, a' s% ^  V0 Y
  Questions 52 to 56 are based on the following passage.
" A1 P) N& s: H7 m0 D% j  For nearly half of my professional career, I was wrong about how to help students achieve. I had the wrong focus, made inaccurate assumptions, used faulty logic, and came to the wrong conclusions about how to increase stundent achievement. Although a high percentage of students persisted in and graduated from the programs in which I worked, they seldom became top achievers.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:52 | 显示全部楼层

2011年大学英语六级考试模拟演练题(5)

Here is where and how I went wrong . I designed procedures to identify the students who were least prepared so that we could build programs and services that would help more students achieve. I assumed that there were certain levels of preparation that students needed in order to succeed; that if students met or exceeded these preparation levels, everything would take care of itself ; that if students were prepared and met the expectations of their professors, then the normal courses of study and interactions with faculty would be sufficient to help students accomplish their goals.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 04:47 , Processed in 0.213735 second(s), 23 queries .