只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 161|回复: 1

[六级模拟] 2011年英语六级考试密押试题模拟(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Section B
& n: C2 J8 Y$ |" X0 u  Passage One
2 i5 v9 ]( o2 m+ b* R& e  The diamond is considered the most famous and valuable jewel in the world. A diamond is a symbol of wealth.9 ?) P4 `4 E$ F) p' g( w
  Diamonds were made as a result of great volcanic heat and pressure.A volcano is a mountain with a hole on the top. A volcano can be very dangerous because when it is active it sometimes explodes and causes great damage.9 N4 k4 D) y: r" U# S" w% o3 X1 M
  【26】Diamonds were pushed towards the surface of the earth—millions of years ago by a number of great volcanic explosions. 【27】It is in the narrow volcanic pipes that diamonds are found. They are also found among the sand and stones of certain river beds, and in a few places on the floor of the sea. For they were washed down the mountain sides by the rain.
. T0 s% t# k1 `( D# e+ V  【28】Diamonds are very rare. There are not many diamond pipes or diamond-producing rivers in the world.During the last century adventurers from Europe went to Brazil, because they had heard that there were diamonds in the River Amazon. Many of these early diamond miners died of illness or were lost forever in the great forests. But some returned home rich. They were lucky enough to enjoy their lives.
8 {1 G% G* _# H# b7 o/ c5 S  【28】 The earliest known diamonds were found in India many centuries ago. The most recent and exciting discoveries have been made in eastern Russia. But most of the world's diamonds now come from Congo, from Tanzania—which has the largest diamond mine in the world and from South Africa.
7 L$ L) u+ M9 t+ T' M% B# N  Questions 26 to 28 are based on the passage you have just heard.
' e/ {; J! u/ s  q- Z! k  L' k  26. Which of the following is mentioned by the speaker?
* j+ j2 v. F9 x) T7 ^: I  26. 答案C
& c5 o3 i& o! P! G, A! E  解析:选项是关于钻石出现的地方。听力篇章一开始,讲到钻石的出现是因为火山爆发的热量和压力,接下来说,火山爆发把钻石推向了地球表面。
: M$ ]7 q+ z2 P1 I4 P+ H2 Z) @8 L* a  27. According to the passage, where did diamonds first come into existence?3 ?- p% u% w: I* q8 p; E2 m$ I
  27. 答案A
; I8 {& x, x- o- O, i. P  解析:选项表示地点。听力篇章接下来讲,可以在火山缝隙中发现钻石,也可在河床上发现。由此可以判断A为正确选项。- s+ L2 R8 ~" K* c2 U
  28. What do you think is the best title for this passage?! g. V6 A( M" I' ?+ L$ I/ V/ w
  28. 答案A
2 R4 R- U( v$ I' J$ d5 C  解析:从选项的拼写方式,可以推断问题可能是文章的题目。听力篇章开篇讲到钻石形成的原因,接着讲到钻石出现的地方,最后提及钻石量最多的地方。所以文章的主旨为钻石的形成和发现。
+ x. _6 G7 W, _. C" f  Passage Two
0 p! L& g% W& v, q  P  Recently, a man who was always in good health, spent a week in bed with severe flu. The previous week, he and his wife separated. 【30】It seems his unusual ill health was connected with his bad feeling.
# b5 U7 ^  \8 J  Humans have long been aware that our health is linked with our thought, emotions and relationships. Now science is catching up with our suspicion. A new field of scientific investigation has developed. 【29】It's the study of how our thoughts and feelings work with our immune and nervous systems.- v) l* V( X6 R( [7 [& v
  There are already researchers at medical schools who are devoted to the study. They are discovering surprising connections between mind and body. One researcher has been working with breast cancer patients. She has been looking at the mental factors in their illness and treatment. 【31】She has discovered that women who did not like to talk about the emotions created by their illness had more chance of dying in five years after treatment. Of a group of 52 patients, 16 women died. All 16 women had said they usually found it difficult to talk to people about their illness. So, simply speaking, it is bad for your health to keep negative feeling inside you. You need to talk about them to your family and friends.
/ K6 f/ I# }+ Z5 |2 e  Other research shows that stress really can make you sick. People who lead stressful lives are more likely to fall ill with colds and flus and other illnesses. But, if you have lots of good quality relationships with family and friends in your life, then you are less likely to fall ill, even though the circumstance of your life might be difficult.
+ ]/ \- o8 |, b/ W  Questions 29 to 31 are based on the passage you have just heard./ W3 t5 b' g0 W, v
  29. What is this passage mainly about?
% `4 C. E1 d) U8 J4 i6 Z  29. 答案B
3 N! Y3 t5 \1 X3 J! U# d  解析:选项是关于疾病方面的内容。听力篇章中讲到,人们很早就意识到健康和我们的思想联系紧密。而现在发展了新的学科,研究人类的想法和感觉如何影响免疫和神经系统。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:52 | 显示全部楼层

2011年英语六级考试密押试题模拟(8)

30. Why did the man suffer the worst illness in his life?
% y7 C; J$ w" o. P4 \8 \  30. 答案B' V7 Q; R2 ?# q" B4 c! Q( F* N
  解析:选项表示原因。听力篇章一开始以一名男士为例,他和妻子分居了,随后一周就感冒了,似乎他的病和自己的糟糕感觉有关系。由此可以判断他得病的原因是,他情绪不好。
) C8 O) J2 I4 n: A. Z0 x  31. What is the difference between the breast cancer patients according to the passage?) d: S$ e, N/ T; p9 `
  31. 答案C. g6 B- v5 {0 Y. Z* R
  解析:选项关于哪一类人活得久一点。听力篇章中间讲到一个实验,其结论是不喜欢和家人讨论病情以及自己感受的人,接受治疗后五年内死的可能性更大,接着列举了一些数字。从中可以判断,喜欢讨论自己病情以及感受的人可以活更长时间。
! n( Z1 t. t  L4 }9 m2 G; I! b  Passage Three
" R6 a& \7 u, P& u2 L  When John and Victoria Falls arrived in New York City for a one year stay, they did not bring very many things with them. They had planned either to live in a furnished apartment or to buy used furniture. 【35】But they soon learned about a new system that more and more people are using. 【32】The renting of home furnishings (bed, tables, dishes, and so on) has become one of America's fastest growing business.& q, }' P# R  r: _3 s+ l
  【35】What kinds of people rent their home furnishings instead of buying them? People who are international business or government officials, foreign students, airline workers, young married couples—people whose job or business may force them to move frequently from one city to another. 【33】They are saved a lot of trouble and the cost of moving their furniture each time. They simply rent new furniture when they reach their new homes. Young people with little money do not want to buy cheap furniture that they may soon dislike. They prefer to wait until they have enough money to buy furniture they really like. Meanwhile, they find they can rent better quality furniture than they could afford to buy.% N( f5 }7 s# O. L( S) d5 ^
  One family, who now have a large, beautiful home of their own, liked their rented furniture so much that they decided to keep renting it instead of buying new things. 【34】But usually people don't like to tell others about it. The idea of renting home furnishings is still quite new, and they are not sure what their neighbors might think.
0 U: C: V' _1 `0 V' i" c9 I5 x9 g  Questions 32 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard.
% x- e6 P1 i: D- L  z/ N  L& M: V  32. Which of the following has become one of America's fastest growing businesses?
9 v: N1 G) L9 s/ C) F. D; I: z) J  32. 答案D% M3 v% ]" M0 d, ?
  解析:选项表示某种做法。听力篇章第一段提及现在美国越来越流行的业务,那就是租家具。3 m2 l- {* [5 D3 h3 f! N- L
  33. Why do some people prefer to rent furniture?
* i% d1 Y/ F! O- `  33. 答案C) c, Y7 R. e7 B1 l3 q5 z" T- n3 R' G
  解析:根据上题,考生可推测此题问题有可能是租家具的原因。听力篇章第二段总结了租家具的原因,可以节省麻烦,还可以省钱。选项B只谈到了其中一个原因。
6 y7 I9 _9 t+ ?7 V' B% F  34. What can you infer from the passage?
0 f' w1 r$ e( t& q. D0 @0 Q  34. 答案B. ~& u0 Y* B/ T& R
  解析:文章最后一段以一个家庭为例,他们很喜欢租的家具,但是却不愿意告诉别人家具是租来的,因为这种做法比较新,他们不确定邻居会怎么想。从此可以判断,在这对夫妻的家乡,这种观点并不流行。6 R" E3 d4 z5 {2 k1 T% h, \0 z
  35. Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage?
' ]) W% s8 ]+ C, Q  35. 答案B
- K; ~: b  D. S; o) z  解析:从选项的拼写方式,考生可推断问题可能是文章的题目。听力篇章一开始,讲到租家具在美国流行开来,第二段谈及流行的原因,最后讲到这种新颖的方式在某些地方并不流行。这三段围绕同一个主线展开,那就是:新颖的获得家具的方式。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 09:59 , Processed in 0.157882 second(s), 23 queries .