立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 160|回复: 0

[六级模拟] 2011英语六级模拟试卷及解析之三(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
But it may well be that this movement to the suburbs has reached its peak. Some people may be tired of spending long hours commuting, and they may have begun to miss the advantages of culture and companionship provided by city life. Perhaps the decision made by the Taylors is a sign that people will return to the cities and begin to restore them. h begins to look as if suburban sprawl may not have been the answer to man's need to create an ideal environment in which to live and work。
# a5 b  ^( T+ J. E- a' {1 d  57. The author of the passage suggests that ______。4 a/ L2 }5 I- |  C1 c
  A) moving to suburbs is not the answer to an ideal environment2 g  [) X1 K% q. f* M
  B) cities are likely to be replaced by the suburbs2 X; Z$ a( J/ d! H5 k: u0 U7 e) p, n
  C) downtown areas are too crowded to live4 Z! m7 l2 R/ D( `
  D) American people moves lot in history
" ?9 G. u9 ]# u+ B$ O1 U- `, x  58. The word "elbowroom" in Paragraph 3 most probably means" ______。6 r* g/ l$ K( d7 }; V2 h
  A) private space B) room to move freely  M8 X% m! W  W% g
  C) peaceful places D) confined room
# x6 m. I  S* {" n  59. Which of the following statements is true?
8 w6 B0 m: `8 u. ~5 l  A) There are just old and poor people left in the cities。
4 x" q; r4 W3 J: w  B) The movement to the suburbs begins to decline。
# y% V9 X6 Q9 W  ?! P) L. [/ X  C) Downtown areas must die in the future。% w5 C* Y7 w( C( _
  D) Suburbs are sure to replace cities。4 m  ]/ @7 C, X/ s
  60. Why have businesses been moving to suburbs?
" a( F0 f2 v( I! ]9 R8 o: P9 n  A) Because the environment is pleasant in the suburbs。
3 j( ~. X8 }& r3 V6 P( n6 _( y  B) Because the suburbs have developed rapidly。
2 r9 |( J" V9 I  C) Because rich people have moved to suburbs。
$ g: `! x* d/ B# e0 s' Q  D) Because many people work in cites and live in suburbs. 61. Many cities began to fall into disrepair in the 1940s because ______。- g5 {# C; s6 J  m, F8 h6 s  s
  A) housing construction costs continued to rise5 {, b3 h$ p8 O9 f4 Z+ n
  B) housing was allowed to decay* X# ?- b. p7 k7 X' W
  C) many people moved out of the cities; V" A' S; _6 O
  D) only old and poor people were left in the cities
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 07:29 , Processed in 0.216462 second(s), 21 queries .