立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 139|回复: 0

[六级模拟] 2011英语六级模拟试卷及解析之三(7)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
being a last-minute shopper. "I'm really here to use a gift certificate and get something for myself and maybe someone else with what's left over," said Matt Doran, who lives in Boston and had been waiting since 8:30 a.m. for the store's 10 a.m. opening. Ilya Polykoff, who moved to Boston from Russia, said he was waiting "because I had the day off and I wanted to get some perfume." But he insisted that he was really shopping early because for him Christmas comes in January. The Orthodox Christmas will be celebrated on Jan. 7.6 g7 [7 g5 n4 w) T6 ]7 B
  "There are lots of men out there today," said Karen McDonald, a spokes-woman for mall operator Taubman Centers, after returning from the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, Michigan. "There is panic out there but people seem to be in good spirits," she said, adding that most shopping traffic peaked around midday. According to the International Council of Shopping Centers, December 24 was the sixth busiest holiday shopping day in 1997, while 44 percent of holiday sales were recorded in the December 15 to December 24 period. Ed Nally, manager of the Swatch Store known mostly for its brightly colored plastic watches, described the atmosphere as festive rather than crazed. He did say, however, that Dec. 21 was the turning point date, after which shoppers started. "The closer to Christmas, the crazier they get," Nally said. "They become more agitated, less patient." He said red-hot items this year were phones, beepers and the new digital swatch watch that costs $ 70 and came onto the market a week before Christmas。
* F! @) J! w  ?: b- e  52. The best title for this passage is ______。
7 x# Z2 p9 c: C) E8 e- i! L  A) Last-Minute Christmas Shoppers Fill U.S. Stores+ z  a1 `' m2 o7 g+ x2 l4 M
  B) Digital Watches Are the Red hot Items This Year
% V3 s3 G/ u- i( f' k  C) The Excuse of the Last-Minute Shoppers
5 ]8 W  ^$ ^. G1 {/ x  D) Christmas, the Best Shopping Season9 p% K8 p# r* a
  53. From the passage we can infer that people would not admit to be a last-minute shopper because ______。
7 G0 N$ I& Z& ^$ b. P  A) they wanted to use a gift certificate0 u2 O; p% ^5 \0 N2 t/ H+ H+ k/ Z2 t
  B) Christmas would be celebrated on Jan. 7th# u* X/ j; ~' `3 i
  C) they did not want gifts recipients to know that they bought them gifts on the last day
8 P' l+ ?& `4 }4 ^) c1 r: b* b  D) they bought gifts during the shopping season lasting from December 15th to December 24th
. L! s; o* b* }; V+ E. R6 X. X# L  54. Which of the following statement is true?
. _. @- s# M: {9 \/ ~. N, A4 l  A) Most customers came to the mall early in the morning。
+ ]% T: F- h" v0 j. O) N  B) Shop assistants were most busy at noon。, f6 O) T+ }# l% r
  C) There were more shoppers in the mall from 7:00 to 9:00 p. m。
; h( ?. s, W& h  F8 \! E  D) Less people went shopping around midday。5 l$ @) s: A- _8 }, @. j, p4 L
  55. Which of the following statement is NOT true?) a- C7 s; B9 Y8 g$ x+ U+ N8 |
  A) More people went shopping on Dee. 20th than on Dec. 22nd according to Ed Nally。5 Z5 C8 s2 u2 @( m# E$ g( A
  B) On Dec. 24th, people were crowded outside Boston's Copley Mall, but they were happy。
: W% Z8 p% o3 K0 E  C) Dec. 24th was the sixth busiest holiday shopping day in 1997.+ P! v4 ^8 _) n/ w( h' L
  D) One can buy brightly colored plastic watches in Swatch Store。( e* o+ }0 g# ^
  56. The word "festive" in paragraph 2 can not be understood as ______。! r8 O% E7 d% L; X; S" e" u5 K
  A) cheery B) fetish C) joyous D) merry
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 04:00 , Processed in 0.151384 second(s), 21 queries .