QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 90|回复: 0

[六级模拟] 2011英语六级模拟试卷及解析18

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us。
( Z( I) M3 ^2 A3 J+ C# |, i* i9 U  Questions 32 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard。8 M9 W2 X$ t7 w6 N& ]
  32. What can some people do if they have very good memory according to the passage?5 Z. d& f1 _1 z; b0 V
  33. Why is it difficult for the pupils to learn a second language in school?
+ i( R# _- u" y1 ?" _& s  34. What is the man’s mind like according to the passage?
! ]3 a$ J- G# M1 T, C7 ?! h) X  35. What is a great help learning a language?+ O" k. |0 U: H/ j
  Section C+ k1 j# o+ P5 ^0 f' `
  Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from 36 to 43 with the exact words you have just heard. For blanks numbered from 44 to 46 you are required to fill in the missing information. For these blanks, you can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally, when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written。& W- v. z; @: C5 ^# q! A6 M3 h
  Smoking means something different to various cultures. In France, many people smoke. In the winter, it is often difficult to breathe in the cafes because of the tobacco smoke in the air. In Romania, smoking is an acceptable social habit. Women, however, do not smoke on the street. The brand of cigarette a person smokes shows his/her wealth, especially if it is a foreign brand。6 O8 H8 U) I6 u7 T. J
  In Latin American cultures, smoking is very common. Some men think that smoking makes them look more manly. As in other cultures, smoking is a way to socialize and belong。: |) ?1 j$ ]6 S& @7 ^+ N1 t4 |# h
  In parts of Asia, tobacco is used in wedding ceremonies and in religious offerings. It is also used in many kinds of occasions. In Cambodia, the bride lights her husband’s cigarette to show her devotion to him. In Vietnam, people are often smoking at business meetings and in coffee houses. Most of the women in Cambodia and Vietnam tend not to smoke. But when they enter a friend’s home, they may be given a tobacco leaf to chew on. During the war, Vietnamese soldiers would smoke to pass the time while waiting to go into battle. Cambodian men smoked when they took a break from working in the fields, to ease their hunger and to keep mosquitoes away。. v& F* L6 h; g) c( j+ J. U( i
  Smoking was a comforting thing to do. In both Vietnam and Cambodia, people who were not smokers before the war, started to smoke during the war and became addicted。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 17:44 , Processed in 0.173056 second(s), 21 queries .