立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 0

[六级模拟] 2011英语六级模拟试卷及解析16

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
M:How would the snails show up in the photographs of their transparence?
1 D0 t+ O4 Q( [7 F# d  W:We scoured it with harmless green dye since particles of the dyes stuck to their tissues, the snails appeared in green outline in the photographs。
% w. t! x: n3 l: J; z0 M5 F  M: That sounds like an interesting trip. But I think if I'd been in Florida in February, I'd much rather spend my time just swimming and lying in the sun。5 `5 I( i" Q! M' A6 g1 t9 D
  Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard。
. Z7 f1 z2 M9 P, o5 m) h+ {: L  23. Why was the woman in Florida?/ {7 h0 E" U* u! @8 O; [
  24. Where did the woman spend most of her time while she was in Florida?, ?* ~, L5 ~: D. W, ]
  25.What is NOT true about plankton according to the woman?- q/ l4 ^2 v1 K. I  ]6 R% ?
  Section B( Y1 ~+ g& D' [6 H
  Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the center。
, h2 g0 W' \9 D$ ^3 U  Passage One
. t) b, s5 I  \2 H" F+ V, G( O  An unusual form of legal system prevailed in Eskimo societies in the harsh Arctic regions. Eskimo societies were organized into local groups that lacked any real form of government, although they had a headman who led the group. The headman had no legal or judicial authority, and there were very few laws in these cultures. The Eskimos also recognized few crimes against property because people did not own land. The custom of freely borrowing goods from each other also discouraged stealing。& f, y+ \8 [: B
  In the past, certain Eskimo cultures permitted some forms of homicide, including the killing of sickly infants, senile or sickly elderly persons, and invalids. These actions were approved so that the society's resources could be used to support the healthy. Access to modern transportation and medicine has greatly changed this situation。  In the Eskimos' cultures, wife stealing was not a crime, and it was usually committed by a man who sought to outrank socially the man whose wife was stolen. Legal disputes, such as wife stealing, were settled by the murder of the offender (and the risk of a possible feud with the offender's relatives) or by a song contest during which each party insulted the other. The winner is determined by whoever received the most applause。3 L+ K- t& {0 E9 q
  Questions 26 to 28 are based on the passage you have just heard。5 W1 `1 Z! g3 b$ |* z/ Y& ], X% o0 B: }
  26. Why was the killing of the sick not considered criminal in Eskimo societies?7 {; g# K/ D$ P/ M
  27. What kind of man usually committed wife stealing?
$ I% l; @  e7 k" Q/ x: k& F6 l  28. What does the unusual way that legal disputes were settled reflect?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 23:25 , Processed in 0.161218 second(s), 21 queries .