立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 专业四级英语模拟试题(完型篇5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:09:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A great deal of attention is being paid today to the so-called digital divide--the division of the world into the info(information) rich and the info poor. And that __1__ does exist today. My wife and I lectured about this looming danger twenty years ago. What was less __2__ then, however, were the new, positive __3__ that work against the digital divide. __4__,there are reasons to be __5__.
, l/ v8 I' ~4 A  There are technological reasons to hope the digital divide will narrow. As the Internet becomes more and more __6__, it is in the interest of business to universalize access-after all, the more people online, the more potential __7__ there are. More and more __8__, afraid their countries will be left __9__, want to spread Internet access. Within the next decade or two, one to two billion people on the planet will be __10__ together. As a result, I now believe the digital divide will __11__ rather than widen in the years ahead. And that is very good news because the Internet may well be the most powerful tool for __12__ world poverty that we’ve ever had.
" H4 O1 X/ ~/ H- x1 z3 A3 n7 E  Of course, the use of the Internet isn’t the only way to __13__ poverty. And the Internet is not the only tool we have. But it has __14__ potential.% X" B5 ^5 _3 M- w2 P% U* c9 {  K
  To __15__ advantage of this tool, some poor countries will have to get over their outdated anti-colonial prejudices __16__ respect to foreign investment. Countries that still think foreign investment is a/an __17__ of their sovereignty might well study the history of __18__ (the basic structural foundations of a society) in the United States. When the United States built its industrial infrastructure, it didn’t have the capital to do so. And that is __19__ America’s Second Wave infrastructure-__20__ roads, harbors, highways, ports and so on-were built with foreign investment.
, ]! \" H% {! o& w" b' v! N  __1. A) divide B) information C) world D) lecture
# j- ?  t) j8 K$ e; n$ n& _  __2. A) obscure B) visible C) invisible D) indistinct+ x: r. w; O$ F! }) \7 M2 w
  __3. A) forces B) obstacles C) events D) surprises
: s* f& S3 h4 _0 a  L- X  __4. A) Seriously B) Entirely C) Actually D) Continuously8 E4 s% J6 E9 q
  __5. A) negative B) optimistic C) pleasant D) disappointed
* p4 M8 p8 X: h' ^0 o5 L  __6. A) developed B) centralized C) realized D) commercialized# I, K0 o9 j  Y5 `8 T, z) F; p8 B
  __7. A) users B) producers C) customers D) citizens
) I8 }" J  H5 L2 X  __8. A) enterprises B) governments C) officials D) customers% z# q7 k0 X, `
  __9. A) away B) for C) aside D) behind
' n1 v; d1 C! D* p$ s  __10. A) netted B) worked C) put D) organized6 Q$ S4 Z1 Q5 i% J* P  k* r: w
  __11. A) decrease B) narrow C) neglect D) low
( ?- y- T6 m$ D; K# K( A% S" y( |$ w  __12. A) containing B) preventing C) keeping D) combating
- O; U7 k1 T! U$ t  __13. A) win B) detail C) defeat D) fear7 y* [" p$ r% D1 b
  __14. A) enormous B) countless C) numerical D) big1 I9 j2 Z) w; I, r* w6 E
  __15. A) bring B) keep C) hold D) take
8 k4 a- ^- Z, W5 P. `9 R  __16. A) at B) with C) of D) for
) s( B) H5 C! F- u- W' S' G9 r  __17. A) offence B) investment C) invasion D) insult
4 r4 {4 u8 y- H2 {  `( `  __18. A) construction B) facility C) infrastructure D) institution
% T/ ~9 E; [) n- s5 N' p  __19. A) why B) where C) when D) how- t% X& [( q) r& {) }
  __20. A) concerning B) concluding C) according D) including
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 20:41 , Processed in 0.257900 second(s), 21 queries .