QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 67|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 专业四级英语听力自学教程-To Bum;Turn Off

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:09:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  L:嗨,这儿好热闹啊!Michael,在爱尔兰酒吧里大家喝些什么呢?
; Q6 R# x7 k& M: X4 W  M: People normally drink a large beer that is usually served warm.
3 r' X2 o, M/ u' y  L:我可从来没喝过热的啤酒,一大杯也喝不了,要一小杯行不行?
7 a- w: H( x+ @2 u  M: Well, you can order whatever you want, but I need to bum a couple of dollars, if you don't mind.
/ l0 l( H! d( ], f+ U3 S2 S* z  L:随便我要什么都行呀!那好,就来一小杯。对了,你刚才说要是我不在意的话,你想bum a couple of dollars, 那是什么意思啊?, K% R, }  y  x) V$ `( g1 [
  M: What I mean is, can I borrow a couple of dollars from you.2 h8 T+ M9 t0 c- q* X6 t# o
  L:原来你要问我借几块钱!: x# E" |) I! }. {9 p6 |! B
  M: Yes. But don't use this word for big things. For example, you would not ask your friend, “Can I bum your car?”# z! X9 k0 ~5 U4 v1 x" k9 ]
  L:噢,在问别人借大的,象汽车之类的东西时,不能用bum这个字,bum只能用在问人借小东西的时候。$ c% D* g7 {$ `% T' ?& x5 G2 q
  M: Yeah, it's usually used when asking for something small, like a piece of gum or candy.
/ ]( g' ?( C2 K1 C  W  L:哟,你们美国人,怎么一片口香糖,一颗糖还要借啊?难道真的还要还吗?
1 b" y  c7 ~% t  D6 F1 n) z  M: No, small things you don't need to return, such as gum and candies.
6 y) {" B; ~9 V/ F/ t  L:这很重要,因为在这种情况下,我们中国人就不说借了,我们大概会说:给一颗糖吧。, H# T4 d- w, d, y
  M: You are right Li Hua. But if you feel cold at a friend's home and you asked to bum a sweater, then you would return it when you were going to leave.
( s) c( f0 I; m  L:对,要是在朋友家感到冷要借一件毛衣,那一般都应该还的。所以,这要看情况,对不对?1 N/ v9 Y- V5 V7 |
  M: Yes, if you will let me bum a couple bucks tonight, I promise to pay you back tomorrow.
* b% O4 {$ E  P( T7 W/ D/ f+ |  L:行,行,行,就借你两块钱,你问服务员要酒吧,我来付钱。可明天别忘了还我。. m4 H0 I5 K* M# |& A6 r
  M: Okay. Two beers please!: a4 l$ u8 ]3 W% S/ f- e
  L:我以前有一个朋友,每次跟她一起出去,不管去看电影,还是去喝咖啡,她总是问我借钱。3 U; s3 {4 x* j# Q3 c& P9 Z& x2 w
  M: A girl I used to hang out with acted the same way. Whenever a group of us went out, she would always ask to bum money. It got to be a real turn-off.0 X. d* r, L) O6 Y
  L:你也碰到过这样的人哪?等等,a real turn-off? 这是什么意思呀?把什么东西关掉?
- Q" M. |( d6 W( ?( c% ~8 M  M: No, a turn-off is something that repels someone.4 {2 x% N( Y. K  ^- G5 C% D/ |
  L:噢,是一个让人讨厌的什么东西。是不是指一个人的性格里有什么地方让你不喜欢他?0 q# G/ m, g! T' @* g* B
  M: Yes, that's right. Let me give you an example. Your ex-boyfriend always smoked cigarettes around you, that was a real turn-off.$ |  O( d; z) ~4 T6 G7 v
  L:是啊,我以前的男朋友跟我在一起的时候老是抽烟,那真是讨厌。
- [2 B/ i# z# M7 p# \" R* P  M: A girl I once dated always interrupted me whenever I was talking. That was a real turn-off.3 I9 h6 H3 d" T& [8 L
  L:对,你告诉过我,你从前的女朋友老是打断你的话,让你很讨厌。我还有一个朋友把脏衣服在房间里到处乱扔,that was also a turn-off.
* i0 w4 E0 S* R1 {, N0 f  M: See, you've learned how to use turn-off. By the way, I also have dirty clothes lying around my apartment. Does that bother you?/ h; t5 a2 v' u* {, L8 B7 K
  L:哼,你也把脏衣服到处乱扔?你要是不打扫乾净的话,别想请我到你家去。
, y+ Y' n! t/ Z: G# \8 s2 `  M: Ok, I'll try to clean it up.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-31 13:35 , Processed in 0.418661 second(s), 21 queries .