QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 63|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 专业四级英语考前辅导资料:完形篇10

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:09:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  我们都知道魔术师并不是靠魔力来表演,而是靠有很快表演速度的能力。虽然我们知道是假的,但是还是爱看… " M8 l5 t& K% h% D
We all know that a magician does not really depend on "magic" to perform his tricks, but on his ability to act at great speed.___ 1, this does not prevent us from enjoying watching a magician ___ 2 rabbits from a hat. ___ 3 the greatest magician of all time was Harry Houdini who died in 1926. Houdini mastered the art of___ 4. He could free himself from the tightest knots or the most complicated locks in seconds. ___5 no one really knows how he did this, there is no doubt ___ 6 he had made a close study of every type of lock ever invented. He liked to carry a small steel needle like tool strapped to his leg and he used this in place of a key. Houdini once asked the Chicago police to lock him in prison. They ___ 7 him in chains and locked him up, but he freed himself___8 an instant. The police___ 9 him of having used a tool and locked him up again. This time he wore no clothes and there were chains round his neck, waist, wrists, and legs; but he again escaped in a few minutes. Houdini had probably hidden his "needle" in a wax like ___ 10 and dropped it on the floor in the passage. ___ 11 he went past, he stepped on it so that it stuck to the bottom of his foot. His most famous escape, however, was ___ 12 astonishing. He was heavily chained up and enclosed in an empty wooden chest, the lid of ___13 was nailed down. The ___ 14 was dropped into the sea in New York harbor. In one minute Houdini had swum to the surface. When the chest was___ 15, it was opened and the chains were found inside. $ X7 _5 h- P2 b+ C/ M5 O& u" C% u
1. A. Generally B. However C. Possibly D. Likewise ! N* l: j! z9 H. ?) x1 ?( X' X- i
2. A. to produce B. who produces
2 V* b( K+ t& Z2 f9 A& VC. produce D. how to produce
% z# q0 |- ]- `4 s' I# |( E6 p4 O4 H3. A. Out of the question B. Though C. Probably D. Undoubted : n' d! T& l/ M% _1 w) l2 r; x
4. A. escaping B. locking C. opening D. dropping 3 @, y4 @7 ^# d& K
5. A. Surprisingly B. Obviously C. Perhaps D. Although
- \4 n  V/ `  t- ~" P# Q6. A. if B. whether C. as to D. that
0 _4 ^% x7 i0 z, L' j& Q7. A. involved B. closed C. connected D. bound 9 \1 q$ U# R' Y1 O6 x# l) {
8. A. at B. by C. in D. for
/ i: E2 p8 ^( _6 j# w0 \; r0 e. g9. A. rid B. charged C. accused D. deprived
; x" E$ C* x* t# O10. A. candle B. mud C. something D. substance 2 E$ [* N7 j5 E* ?; T- Q/ e8 l" K
11. A. As B. Usually C. Maybe D. Then $ F: Q( E1 R6 Y' w
12. A. overall B. all but C. no longer D. altogether ) q+ ~' B/ |2 t+ {
13. A. it B. which C. that D. him 9 W9 q& _4 w& ^0 T* s) l+ l
14. A. chest B. body C. lid D. chain % n9 Z" ?! a6 }8 @2 `
15. A. brought up B. sunk C. broken apart D. snapped
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 03:05 , Processed in 0.227161 second(s), 21 queries .