只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 72|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 英语专业四级词汇冲刺练习第十四期

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Word+ I. f: ~7 y3 b! O  V/ Q! K
  random : made or done aimlessly ,without any plan ;casual; haphazard
: a7 y# d$ l) `; G9 H5 H2 Q  TYPICAL USE: The room was filled with a random selection of furniture .
0 l5 @; i2 _1 d" r- p  steadfast :firm and unchanging ;firmly fixed ;not moving: G9 R- w( w) P; p2 c" O
  TYPICAL USE: He was so steadfast to his principles that we couldn't move him.
3 t% D+ Q4 J; u  subordinate :1 lower in rank or position 2 a person lower in rank or position.
. W' P4 }3 y# X- u* `& t' N  TYPICAL USE:1 A clerk in a business occupies a subordinate position to that of the owner .2 C! F* v6 d  M! n) q
  2 A good leader is the one that is respected by his subordinates .
' n$ p, Z3 b, p! s2 h; n, m  thrift : careful use money and goods ;economy
0 T% D: v2 ~3 w" J2 r7 p5 l) ]" G$ |  TYPICAL USE: Her thrift saved them enough money to buy a house .
; I8 a4 `2 g5 g1 M( q3 H1 s# K% b  treacherous : not to be trusted ;not faithful;disloyal .
5 X( ^, J' l& E8 w/ C& @  TYPICAL USE: The treacherous soldier carried some important information to the enemy.
0 g+ O! J: F5 \$ }# T+ e) f  troublesome : causing trouble or anxiety;full of troubles ;annoying .0 O0 k9 `6 e  R* @* d
  TYPICAL USE: He is a troublesome child and never be obedient to his parents .8 b* P( f+ M$ l( k
  alternative : a choice between two things .; a1 x. I& z1 D: r
  TYPICAL USE: His father give her the alternative of staying in high school or go to work .7 S" Y4 _' D5 j' a
  bulge :an outward swelling;temporary increase
" @; c$ `& w) X- }% z5 A& I  TYPICAL USE: The bag of candy made a bulge in the child's pocket." r$ w! c+ o& u  c* q8 d9 V2 `" ?& g
  congratulate :express a pleasure to a person on his fortune or success ;felicitate.
/ j& X1 Q: N8 H7 ^  TYPICAL USE: Let me congratulate you on the birth of your son.
& J6 u0 q4 F7 m) Y, W: i  contradiction :1 denying ;saying the opposite 2 a contrary condition;disagreement .& W( }2 c2 e" a0 @+ Y
  TYPICAL USE: 1 Contradiction by the students always makes my teacher angry .
$ a( A3 I  x9 l7 I  2 It is a contradiction to say you support the governmnent but would not vote for it in an election .6 Y0 t5 H) ^# h  f+ B
  练习:' H* ?/ i! N+ b; U0 \
  1. The graph shows a __1__in the price of meat.
% B6 _/ b6 S, S5 D  2. There is a __2__ between them .
" d  a' ?3 x  j  3. She has the virtues of hardworking and __3__.
2 Y, @2 B# \' R, J8 |  4. She is a __4__ friend of mine .
4 E5 K# g. \; c6 i+ X/ X  5. If you don't like the school lunch, you have the __5__of bringing your own.
! ^8 K! _0 h+ \) \* o  6. The student is a __6__ boy .
  D) ~/ y! N0 a: c  7. He took a book at __7__ .: O4 p3 I% D# y, [4 E' F. p7 ^4 U
  8. I want to __8__ you with all my heart.* @" P. ?3 W0 N
  9. He is kind to his __9__ .
) `2 r' f( |7 Y) p$ |$ i  10. He was cruel, __10__and unscrupulous.3 ]- L& w+ @; {) m& g4 R+ h8 v  L1 G
  答案:( C& \0 \* \" ?! Y) Q
  1. bulge n. 凸出;暂时增长1 j. O1 A7 c9 h5 J
  2. cotradiction n.矛盾
( i: B9 Y+ ~+ N- U9 t, Y  3. thrift n.节俭
: _6 q! Z& K8 ~2 [0 P  4. steadfast adj.坚定的.
/ E4 c# J; U7 O# P) {& R  5. alternative n. 二选一.8 e& w" Q& U3 Y& P) ?4 V6 h6 [; ?* L
  6. troublesome adj.麻烦的.: d! @! U3 a/ l
  7. random adj. 随便的
7 a6 g" l, c- |! |  a# w  8. congratulate v.祝贺
( w: w% c- Y. N' D9 Q3 a  9.subordinates adj.下级的 n.属下.
, j; f5 L7 Y4 y6 e8 W! ]! D  10.treacherous adj. 叛逆的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 18:39 , Processed in 1.499952 second(s), 21 queries .