只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 126|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 英语专业四级词汇冲刺练习第十九期

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  英语专业四级词汇冲刺练习第十九期来源:考试大   【考试就上考试大,大小考试都不怕】   2008年3月9日Word* {% w0 E' D" V
  calculate : find out by arithmetic ;figure out
, }; W5 R+ y, j- |0 O  TYPICAL USE: You must calculate all the advantages and disadvantages before coming to a discussion.
" r% M0 p8 w3 Z+ ~% D# o  glamour :strong attraction;fascination" c! C0 R* H2 i7 L4 j
  TYPICAL USE: The glamour of the life of an actress made her give up her study.
- ]) S7 l# ]3 _" K- t. K5 ~% R  outfit :A set of clothing or other things need for a certain purpose ;equipment3 c% W. O# K) x# H  ^2 W
  TYPICAL USE:She bought him a baseball outfit for his birthday.
2 n& ~8 b+ O1 ?- m7 X5 W  safeguard : a means of protection against something
8 V% q1 a8 R2 J' s  TYPICAL USE: Keeping clean is a safeguard against disease.
* ^4 `. k0 M, l$ n+ \! P; \2 i4 @* l  schedule : a statement of the times at which events are planned to happen.
+ K1 R5 A+ S/ J  TYPICAL USE: According to the production schedule, the factory is supposed to turn out a hundred cars a day.  b: u& r: l, W, ^2 Z3 C- z- m
  tomb : the place where a dead person is buried
- C- d) _6 [0 f, i% _  ^  f) a# {6 G  TYPICAL USE: When the king died the people placed his body in a large tomb made of stone.1 o4 D2 J( c( E  P. j- b
  transmit : pass from one person or place to another .
! E5 z8 ]) g3 A- u  TYPICAL USE: Her illness was transmitted to other members of the family.8 S5 l( e- Z0 m* b
  wrath :fierce or deep anger ;indignation
+ w3 n* B5 X: R. N/ I: q- ^  TYPICAL USE: The king’s unjust laws raised a great wrath among the people./ g* L, T) n0 V& ?
  beneficial :helpful;useful;profitable
. q/ R) e" Q# _; j, B  TYPICAL USE: The new hospital will be beneficial to the poor people.  U6 ~& Q  {2 q0 {
  disgust :strong feeling of dislike;cause a feeling of dislike ..
* ~$ R5 h7 B/ U3 x  TYPICAL USE: The smell of the rotten meat filled her with disgust..
+ p9 M1 B3 X3 B' C  练习:
  S8 s/ d8 I8 ?$ z  1. The __1__of Hollywood draws many young people there every year .7 |: V" T9 @" y( R' ]& u
  2. Parents__2__ some of their characteristics to their children .
: s% \! \7 X8 X* ]# S& l# D5 L% Q+ d  3. The scientists could __3__ when the spaceship would reach the moon% e4 G! }- @5 _. V8 Q- U* C
  4. We went to the store to buy a (an)__4__ for the camping trip .0 k4 i9 v9 J7 X
  5. If his temper broke its bonds,he was tremendous in his __5__ .) I: D; n( }' k% n/ q
  6. Insurance will __6__ your property.
( o3 u+ G  X" F* m8 F/ z/ N" o* Q  7. He was filled with __7__ at himself .$ e1 C: ?# M9 d0 R
  8. It would be __8__ to keep abreast of developments in Asia., y  G& _# X1 e; H# ]5 t
  9. The sea was his __9__ .
; ]' ^% E2 U- h; g# o  10. They have planned a tight __10__ of travel .
0 c2 z6 O  ?1 B; [  答案:- K; O( L6 J: T* i* k
  1. glamour n.魔力;魅力) H+ y! i0 B+ X8 ?
  2. transmit v.传送,遗传,传染
$ J+ m7 [: q7 Z! n: m" x" V) @  3. calculate v.计算出9 m% Q! P" L) Y7 I
  4. outfit n.用具
- [: p/ n: q. ]/ A# f  5. wrath n. 愤怒
- o( O" f7 P2 |, C7 j5 k; o9 I  6. safeguard v.保护;保障/ `* r: T- T* o  c" Z/ r# I
  7. disgust n.厌恶,做呕- j- O0 }" g0 G/ U
  8. benificial adj.受益的,有益的.
' L2 |/ w( k/ c, e9 q* o( S' q  9. tomb n.坟墓
5 U; F& k2 M/ Q  d* e# L- O  10.schedule n.日程,行程.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 18:58 , Processed in 0.871215 second(s), 21 queries .