[专四辅导] 2012年专四整理资料(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  wrapping paper 包装纸
7 [/ e2 G0 T; Y: u  on end 连续不断地和表示时间的词连用9 v3 Z* G' P% R
  at length 最后,终于
+ ~. M: `1 j$ i* H0 L4 N  in full 全部地9 B/ z' u( I. t) l$ N3 S
  in time 及时,不迟
$ k/ O4 U- D0 V( Y2 k1 |  The two scholars worked at the task of writing a preface to the new dictionary for three hours on end last night.5 ^, ]8 |8 s6 y2 P( H. P
  那两位学者昨天晚上花了三个小时为新字典写序。! @4 S& _+ p- e: q* y- l2 @) B
  I can’t read the marks and notes Jim made in the margin. They are too faint. (不清楚的,模糊的修饰字迹。), f" X6 o: M9 U, {9 @/ Q( h2 r7 [0 K
  ck is very knowledgeable about wines.杰克对酒很在行。  e! u+ e* n" d
  excuse sb. from (doing) sth. 允许不(参加)某活动用被动语态
9 N' G& D- i8 y; U9 w1 W4 O  I beg to be excused from your nephew’s wedding.我请求不去参加你侄子的婚礼。0 ~7 c9 O% U5 o0 I4 U1 Q
  He ought to attend the meeting, shouldn’t he ?
! k# F: R: y) v; Z9 c; D  当should和ought to作“应该”之意时,可互换,表示推论。但在疑问句中一般不用ought to而用should,比如:Should we begin?而不会用Ought we to begin?
! T' M9 `4 U, a1 x  make charges for是词组,意为对……收费,索价。6 D  u1 G* d8 s. Z( j- o! }! ?
  Doctors often make higher charges for their works than they should.& c* C# A6 L9 o0 E) B0 s
  医生们经常索取比他们应得的高得多的费用。
2 e/ C/ ?7 k  K% {  His name was on the top of my tongue, but I just couldn’t remember.
6 ?) i8 _4 z4 Q- @1 ]4 h9 n  他的名字就在我嘴边,但我就是想不起来了。. F& a- U# {0 J; e' f; n0 H, Q
  I caught a glimpse of the name of the book before she put it into the drawer.
# _3 |8 y2 @1 Z9 e! d+ L- y  在她把书放进抽屉之前,我瞥见了书名。+ z  p9 X) |9 P9 u. m
  admission和admittance都是“准入”的意思,但admission常用于公共场所,admittance用于私人场所, C6 z# `, z& k) }) Y1 h
  All too soon it was time to go back to school after the Spring Festival.0 R9 ?7 V# M  Z4 I, H3 x
  He handled the company in collaboration with his brother.
2 h5 m& x% r/ M* M* P  他与他兄弟合作处理公司事务。
; m4 i! Q; T6 b# f3 s# j% `  Jean could be a very attractive girl but she pays no attention to her clothes. 这里第一句表示虚拟,后一句表示现在的真实情况。3 y% i, h4 c' g$ N6 R7 }$ i9 C
  have a campaign,chance,courage,opportunity,right to do sth.
) K$ u4 [6 B/ j2 B# t  To survive in the intense market competition, we must gear(使……适合,配合)the qualities and varieties of products we make to the world-market demand.' ?$ F' L' y! P7 K" @
  In view o(考虑到,鉴于)his poor record in school, the board thinks that he should study hard.- C/ r& w+ y0 A- H
  Shakespeare is the favorite of mine.) L3 H  L7 S3 A2 J5 r# k) ?- {
  We hadn’t expected a power cut so we were astonished when the whole house was plunged into darkness. 我们并未料到会停电,所以当整个屋子一下子变得漆黑时我们大吃一惊
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 18:55 , Processed in 0.480308 second(s), 21 queries .