只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 37|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 2012年专业英语四级考前恶补之阅读完型(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  TEXT E3 D% l7 n* l2 m+ W
  First read the following question.
* r( N* r0 R  ^* |1 K  |6 X: ~  31. This letter is written by a ___  ___.+ p$ A6 C1 S& X* l3 [
  A. prospective salesperson9 j% O7 l" B# ]* z% ^$ V3 Z" s: }
  B. high school student; Q- M9 x+ z& H; Z
  C. publisher
% g7 b1 ~5 Z$ j% I  D. manager5 D$ }% H+ i5 [8 O, E" m8 {
  Now read Text E quickly and mark your answer on your ANSWER SHEET.
* r: ^7 w" x  Y$ h% }  28 Beach Road," V) x4 G8 g$ _3 E! `" T
  Newtown.
7 F) s# a( r6 L4 A6 Y  March 20th, 2000
, J# B9 K. U, I5 X' }1 u- T7 l  The Manager,
1 r. W$ e& W" Q* F  Royal Publishers,9 u, L# x4 s( o1 o2 c
  P.O.Box 446
0 g3 ]% a+ r; F9 L7 Z* x  Newtown.$ `! [7 |0 V- D1 }- R$ Z
  Dear Sir,
. u& b# n4 f) Z  I am 18 years old, and I graduated from Newtown High School last October. At high school my main subjects were English, business studies, history, athletics and science.$ w, z: J/ W: E4 E1 h) q- q7 N
  I would be very interested in working as a salesman. I am very interested in books, and I have always been interested in the publishing business. I enjoy meeting and talking to people. I enclose two letters of reference, a photograph, and my school academic record. I would be available for an interview at any time. I look forward to hearing from you.9 s, S% Y! Q9 b; ^
  Yours sincerely,    
  _, K9 \' W; c- J* V9 U  Jack Eastwood8 O* m* p" a" s7 Z2 I+ G0 |
  31. A) " M1 \; w; I% w; v2 F) K
  TEXT F
/ v8 D0 A  Q/ N1 r9 K  First read the following question.. z) h# v! N) F4 d2 x# j
  32. The general idea of the passage is that _____.
$ |- D9 ~3 O. w8 y$ j* B5 P  A. doctors can produce magic
7 P4 }" L: T1 P7 ]0 Z% N7 \  B. medicine has magic power
- P% }1 D; B* m5 J5 U8 P5 J/ L  C. modern medicine can cure all illnesses' o% m& a5 I+ q7 ?1 I- U
  D. a healthy mind is also a cure for illness
: q2 u- H6 \# h- D* {/ Z% X& C  Now read Text F quickly and mark your answer on your ANSWER SHEET." z. F8 ?- w, O% S9 b
  For more than five thousand years Chinese doctors have used needles to fight illness. This kind of medicine is called acupuncture. The doctor studies the sick person carefully. Then he puts needles into that person’s body at the right places for his illness. Chinese doctors believe that they can control the body’s natural forces in this way. At first, doctors in the West thought that this was just another kind of magic. Recently, however, they have found out that it is possible to cure many illnesses like this because the needles help the body to produce its own “medicines”. In this way the body cures itself.
9 p$ e$ n( a0 p# I& F  Nowadays doctors can do a lot of wonderful things. They can use thousands of medicines. They can give you pills and injections. They can even give you mechanical legs or a new heart. Sometimes modern medicine works like magic. But there are still a lot of illnesses that drugs and machines cannot cure completely. Medicine is not only a science; it is an art, too. And in the art of medicine, the mind is very important. You will not have a healthy body unless you have a healthy mind.
! a% ^1 M. ~, v& a  32. D)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 21:58 , Processed in 0.550147 second(s), 21 queries .