立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 278|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 2012英语专四完形填空模拟练习题三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Although most people return from package holidays reasonably satisfied, this is not always the(1) Take, for instance, the nightmare experience of a Frenchman who went on a (2) to Colombia. The hotel in the small Caribbean port was overbooked. The holidaymaker was (3) round the streets, looking for a (4) and breakfast place, when he was arrested for vagrancy. He was (5), where he told the magistrate that it was the hotel's (6)。 The magistrate was the hotel-owner's brother, and he charged the tourist (7) making false accusation and sent him to prison for eight days. By the time of his (8), his return flight had left. He had insufficient funds to buy a return ticket, (9) he went to the Post Office to send a telegraph to his home in Montpellier, asking for money. He was (10) before he could send it. This time he was charged with illegal (11)。 It was explained that, having missed his return (12), he could no longer be classified as a tourist. He now needed a work (13) , he didn't have one. He was fined $ 500 for this (14), and a further $ 500 when he again blamed the hotel for overbooking. His (15) was confiscated because he couldn't pay the fines. He hitch-hiked to Bogota (16) the consulate finally arranged to send him home.+ ~# j' F) p6 E
  All things (17) , I would prefer to plan my holiday independently. (18) my view, it's safer to "do it yourself!" And the advantages of planning your holiday yourself are (19)。 If it is well-planned, an independent holiday can usually be good (20) for money.
2 C$ T# i4 i! N& _  1. A. occurrence B. situation C. state D. case: S5 J  ]7 W) N5 Y1 }
  2. A. package B. holiday C. festival D. celebration
  \8 I9 z) L; }5 Q, ^# a$ v8 T9 ~8 v; ~  3. A. strolling B. sauntering C. wandering D. patrolling
+ A7 H7 C6 P, s- F/ I4 b0 [  4. A. accommodation B. hotel C. bed D. lodging
, J- U5 B% S2 p* A3 |/ N. ~$ V. n  5. A. taken to court B. brought to the police station C. taken to the reform school D. sent to prison
$ O+ n& `- J1 V& v  6. A. fault B. blame C. duty D. responsibility
; K8 C/ l! S4 y0 X% E* h- d) {  7. A. of B. with C. for D. to
. [) n3 k/ b3 p; J$ @  8. A. freedom B. discharge C. release D. liberty7 f" V0 F) d1 n' Y
  9. A. and B. though C. but D. so% Q' X2 v# L$ d$ w! L8 ?- K" U  t! B
  10. A. fined B. re-arrested C. arrested D. punished
1 Q5 A/ G) W& R1 z  11. A. citizenship B. naturalization C. migration D. immigration
& L/ ]9 j6 ^: `5 y6 c  12. A. trip B. ticket C. flight D. journey6 }6 v4 _2 S" R) L( o/ j- I" h
  13. A. license B. allowance C. permission D. permit
- I9 B6 A# t9 r* q  14. A. crime B. offence C. fault D. error
) x  b1 E- K8 q' M$ j9 O  15. A. luggage B. belonging C. thing D. luggages8 P5 M- d( }- v- T4 J% C$ C' R( ?
  16. A. when B. after C. where D. while# W3 N9 E5 {9 R4 ^9 c5 f: V. V
  17. A. considered B. being considered C. were considered D. considering" u. Q4 _: Q5 y
  18. A. To B. In C. By D. With8 {1 i: y: Q% M
  19. A. considerable B. thinkable C. considerate D. imaginable! Z  I2 f( ^5 x4 _, ?& L
  20. A. bargain B. buy C. sale D. value
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 10:00 , Processed in 0.590904 second(s), 21 queries .