[专四辅导] 语法综合辅导:专四整理资料(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wrapping paper 包装纸
& V( E8 r% ~& kon end 连续不断地和表示时间的词连用8 l3 S' ?5 j2 w+ F' u+ Q
at length 最后,终于
6 e6 y* e6 v+ d) K' min full 全部地
  f5 _0 U% ^2 e, s$ u8 B2 w, bin time 及时,不迟# D6 H1 ^( M" C
The two scholars worked at the task of writing a preface to the new dictionary for three hours on end last night.& \4 I! q$ U- G0 u' L
那两位学者昨天晚上花了三个小时为新字典写序。
" C3 Q6 L' R8 I' b5 a. E' o: VI can’t read the marks and notes Jim made in the margin. They are too faint. (不清楚的,模糊的修饰字迹。)5 b2 i: q* G9 g  |- z
ck is very knowledgeable about wines.杰克对酒很在行。  Y& [& x% M( h8 c& n
excuse sb. from (doing) sth. 允许不(参加)某活动用被动语态8 p7 E1 B7 o( y' \$ G6 z1 r
I beg to be excused from your nephew’s wedding.我请求不去参加你侄子的婚礼。
- g* K& q; ]( F( nHe ought to attend the meeting, shouldn’t he ?
. h3 ~2 x3 S! s) ^  U, }( B9 s当should和ought to作“应该”之意时,可互换,表示推论。但在疑问句中一般不用ought to而用should,比如:Should we begin?而不会用Ought we to begin?   U+ ?1 a: w4 [: {9 M3 ]) N
make charges for是词组,意为对……收费,索价。  m# w* w6 k5 {3 \+ n2 }
Doctors often make higher charges for their works than they should.1 [/ |* k* u4 D8 E3 t9 p1 V% u
医生们经常索取比他们应得的高得多的费用。
! L( k+ J; X9 a6 m& CHis name was on the top of my tongue, but I just couldn’t remember.
2 g4 B4 Y, D0 ~7 v' \& Q3 B0 m6 m4 {他的名字就在我嘴边,但我就是想不起来了。; U! [" E4 [# q6 `; _/ h5 S+ p
I caught a glimpse of the name of the book before she put it into the drawer.  b5 G% A: R* }4 Y+ @& _' j
在她把书放进抽屉之前,我瞥见了书名。4 G. h2 Z* k8 _1 K6 r  Z
admission和admittance都是“准入”的意思,但admission常用于公共场所,admittance用于私人场所
) c( X# V: p9 y6 T! Q) s. {+ o; }8 \All too soon it was time to go back to school after the Spring Festival.
, W% l; d# d4 [7 ZHe handled the company in collaboration with his brother.
; G3 s5 _) L2 m- Z, Y8 F他与他兄弟合作处理公司事务。
! p( `0 q, P- L; eJean could be a very attractive girl but she pays no attention to her clothes. 这里第一句表示虚拟,后一句表示现在的真实情况。5 N: m9 }9 }! r6 Z7 w3 z
have a campaign,chance,courage,opportunity,right to do sth.
9 q& m7 Y* }$ j* oTo survive in the intense market competition, we must gear(使……适合,配合)the qualities and varieties of products we make to the world-market demand.9 F: C3 P- b& W6 e
In view o(考虑到,鉴于)his poor record in school, the board thinks that he should study hard.% u8 P! h  o. f: h& |* l

; E- _* I+ ?0 ]2 K& m: p; dShakespeare is the favorite of mine.
) r; V9 r; o3 f% @, D0 e5 j+ a2 }8 c
We hadn’t expected a power cut so we were astonished when the whole house was plunged into darkness. 我们并未料到会停电,所以当整个屋子一下子变得漆黑时我们大吃一惊。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 05:59 , Processed in 0.306186 second(s), 21 queries .