立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 63|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 专四英语专题辅导资料之完形填空篇05

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 A great deal of attention is being paid today to the so-called digital divide--the division of the world into the info(information) rich and the info poor. And that __1__ does exist today. My wife and I lectured about this looming danger twenty years ago. What was less __2__ then, however, were the new, positive __3__ that work against the digital divide. __4__,there are reasons to be __5__.- o  V* g9 n6 F% B
  There are technological reasons to hope the digital divide will narrow. As the Internet becomes more and more __6__, it is in the interest of business to universalize access-after all, the more people online, the more potential __7__ there are. More and more __8__, afraid their countries will be left __9__, want to spread Internet access. Within the next decade or two, one to two billion people on the planet will be __10__ together. As a result, I now believe the digital divide will __11__ rather than widen in the years ahead. And that is very good news because the Internet may well be the most powerful tool for __12__ world poverty that we’ve ever had.
* ?* B* _$ T$ @3 u  Of course, the use of the Internet isn’t the only way to __13__ poverty. And the Internet is not the only tool we have. But it has __14__ potential.( q; K  ]9 E7 Y$ ~# z" \' ~
  To __15__ advantage of this tool, some poor countries will have to get over their outdated anti-colonial prejudices __16__ respect to foreign investment. Countries that still think foreign investment is a/an __17__ of their sovereignty might well study the history of __18__ (the basic structural foundations of a society) in the United States. When the United States built its industrial infrastructure, it didn’t have the capital to do so. And that is __19__ America’s Second Wave infrastructure-__20__ roads, harbors, highways, ports and so on-were built with foreign investment.
5 |8 j% O/ @' ]+ E  __1. A) divide B) information C) world D) lecture
/ L) B+ f2 N. o9 E0 k- A  Z, Z  __2. A) obscure B) visible C) invisible D) indistinct: ]. w) w1 V+ M8 l$ f+ A& L
  __3. A) forces B) obstacles C) events D) surprises4 A; E! E, a+ O! P1 b
  __4. A) Seriously B) Entirely C) Actually D) Continuously
* R9 n' l0 j5 D  Y# J, ]7 K4 I% y  __5. A) negative B) optimistic C) pleasant D) disappointed* @5 V2 E9 O$ x* G
  __6. A) developed B) centralized C) realized D) commercialized
" D1 S3 z; w, j) j% n. b  __7. A) users B) producers C) customers D) citizens5 ?& |- n5 X0 ~4 N6 d) Y0 R
  __8. A) enterprises B) governments C) officials D) customers$ f+ \9 t! h9 y, a2 d
  __9. A) away B) for C) aside D) behind
; i* H0 V' G" E* u1 D5 ~/ }; k7 s  __10. A) netted B) worked C) put D) organized
! n. S# ]7 d/ f& M  __11. A) decrease B) narrow C) neglect D) low
* R. Y* h2 x0 K8 C) X  __12. A) containing B) preventing C) keeping D) combating
6 Y) a. b! l* \+ w  __13. A) win B) detail C) defeat D) fear
* B; T2 I1 i0 `9 u  __14. A) enormous B) countless C) numerical D) big+ j+ i5 {& j; s1 F& X$ G/ [
  __15. A) bring B) keep C) hold D) take
3 [5 m# U! Q  g) U4 a4 ~5 o  __16. A) at B) with C) of D) for
, ?" p. Z& u# a  P% m$ k* a& e  __17. A) offence B) investment C) invasion D) insult/ [% b) R2 I( b1 S
  __18. A) construction B) facility C) infrastructure D) institution0 K8 C! L7 U5 q7 [
  __19. A) why B) where C) when D) how
8 F0 V( D# \+ P% t3 N  
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 11:45 , Processed in 0.145613 second(s), 21 queries .