只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[专四辅导] 专四英语专题辅导资料之完形填空篇14

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:20:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  PART  Ⅰ [15 MIN.]; k: u* w: e6 T, |( p
( W- {/ Q/ B- H6 V6 B. E3 `8 L
  Decide which of the choices given below would correctly complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks. Mark the correct choice for each blank on your ANSWER SHEET.7 ~  S7 I/ F( U+ r
& X) t, ^' }) f# T
  We all know that a magician does not really depend on “magic” to perform his tricks, but on his ability to act at great speed. ___ 1___, this does not prevent us from enjoying watching a magician ___ 2___ rabbits from a hat. ___ 3___ the greatest magician of all time was Harry Houdini who died in 1926. Houdini mastered the art of ___ 4___. He could free himself from the tightest knots or the most complicated locks in seconds. ___ 5___ no one really knows how he did this, there is no doubt ___ 6___ he had made a close study of every type of lock ever invented. He liked to carry a small steel needlelike tool strapped to his leg and he used this in place of a key. Houdini once asked the Chicago police to lock him in prison. They ___ 7 ___ him in chains and locked him up, but he freed himself___  8  ____ an instant. The police ___ 9___ him of having used a tool and locked him up again. This time he wore no clothes and there were chains round his neck, waist, wrists, and legs; but he again escaped in a few minutes. Houdini had probably hidden his “needle” in a wax like ___  10  ____ and dropped it on the floor in the passage. ___ 11___ he went past, he stepped on it so that it stuck to the bottom of his foot. His most famous escape, however, was ___ 12___ astonishing. He was heavily chained up and enclosed in an empty wooden chest, the lid of ___  13  ____ was nailed down. The ___ 14___ was dropped into the sea in New York harbor. In one minute Houdini had swum to the surface. When the chest was___ 15___, it was opened and the chains were found inside.
: o0 A! j8 T' X- m  L
& a4 p6 b* ]4 i( q8 ^1. A. Generally  B. However C. Possibly    D. Likewise* C0 Q" u( U+ o- e* \

( N, K& f! }1 b1 L; B2. A. to produce B. who producesC. produce D. how to produce
" n# T& t6 y' ?7 W' Z
/ A+ f/ C0 E9 R4 v3.  A. Out of the question    B. ThoughC. Probably    D. Undoubted $ ~3 u1 n6 ]6 }  D" M

e8 A4 N( S2 o) Y  D" j# F  Q; g4. A. escaping    B. locking  C. opening  D. dropping, t" u/ X  V+ w# N

- s) G: s9 F+ Q. k$ W/ q5. A. Surprisingly    B. Obviously    C. Perhaps  D. Although
8 |8 d$ i) c* p3 ?% ^6 q4 v
+ E# x0 S" I& _/ A- \9 b' h& \6. A. if    B. whether  C. as to  D. that) ]8 L4 F* k! k
9 j; ^$ x% A/ M2 I6 g, `3 O7 `; s( t
7. A. involved    B. closed  C. connected  D. bound9 ?% K+ B6 z6 N* x! H7 X0 l

* m0 o% N0 a- b2 P0 A1 y8. A. at    B. by  C. in  D. for; B) v5 B1 G0 S. `2 ^! C
+ }2 J' ~) p4 O% f/ F( B9 w+ ?) f  ~
9. A. rid  B. charged  C. accused  D. deprived
0 r- ^3 r; z1 S. ^% h' f& ]' D# B& O& c
10. A. candle    B. mud    C. something    D. substance( A* `; A6 U5 S. G7 N8 f
! r+ U0 H* D$ }( @! |: [
11. A. As    B. Usually  C. Maybe    D. Then
2 y" V7 \# q: m7 A& h( _/ _9 ~( v6 J9 y, W! p* C) U. J, D
12. A. overall    B. all but  C. no longer  D. altogether
5 P# R" p- e( A- _( E$ t' V# E3 Z3 E: d) A7 e9 G6 _
13. A. it  B. which    C. that  D. him
( k: G4 ^  T8 L( }7 H  j7 f$ J, g! Z/ O7 n' A$ j: a8 f
14. A. chest    B. body  C. lid    D. chain
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 22:23 , Processed in 0.387945 second(s), 21 queries .