立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 39|回复: 0

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(三)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  We live in a society which there is a lot of talk about science, but I would say _____1_____, N2 [& X/ G: F7 X* j$ W
  that there are not 5 percent of the people who are equipped with school, including/ a7 p$ D1 y# S) L3 D
  college, to understand scientific reasoning. We are more ignorant of science as people _____2_____% F" E, f3 ]+ s0 o3 V$ c
  with comparable education in Western Europe.2 u) E+ f* k. ?2 q% c
  There are a lot of kids who know everything about computers—how to build% ?5 E5 M2 y$ M6 S: y+ K
  them, how to take them apart, and how to write programs for games. So if you ask _____3_____
1 f; X7 i% C) W  them to explain about the principles of physics that have gone into creating the _____4_____3 m* p' O8 P; \) w
  computer, you don’t have faintest idea. _____5_____3 z. H1 I+ j1 c0 |* A6 C
  The failure to understand science leads to such things like the neglect of human _____6_____. G+ H& K$ u: a+ ]
  creative power. It also takes rise to blurring of the distinction between science and _____7_____. u* \) ?, `8 F  o$ M
  technology. Lots of people don’t differ between the two. Science is the production of _____8_____
, {% W! y; Z1 `  new knowledge that can be applied or not, and technology is the application of
* ?7 V* A0 s3 V5 M  knowledge to the production of some products, machinery or the like. The two are8 u/ q4 {. p1 b1 e  q0 V
  really different, and people who have the faculty for one very seldom have a* T7 P: r' V# p; k8 X
  faculty for the others. _____9_____
* C* }% M" ]5 J0 Q  Science in itself is harmless, more or less. But as soon as it can provide technology,9 H' s6 B9 g( i- z& E/ C
  it’s not necessarily harmful. No society has yet learned to forecast the consequences of _____10_____
4 N! c* g" |3 M: r  r' ^& S& T  new technology, which can be enormous.
9 a$ C6 t9 r' u/ X+ L2 e  参考答案及解析:
( m* a* J4 w: q& a) i  1.在which前加in,或将which改为where# }; U, b  b( f
  在这里which引导限制性从句,修饰先行词the society。in which 在从句中作状语,当然也可以用关系副词where引导定语从句,并在从句中作状语,例如:: l) U$ p( Z) {: }4 B$ S# M
  Money is a bottomless sea, in which honor, conscience, and truth may be drowned.
, g; h( z& L2 R% z* d  2.将as 改为than% E' w* O8 o# P$ h( q
  3.将So改为But或者However或者Nevertheless。
; Z; b* T; o, s" h, |  因为这里上下文是转折关系。
9 q% g, s8 U1 _; {  4.将about去掉) N$ k) ~+ u0 b: Y  H7 }
  因为explain是及物动词。
/ b8 \" B, `: W  5.将you改为they1 Z) E, e5 ^+ `& o
  6.将like改为as9 y  ?* o9 g" B1 F
  因为such as 是固定搭配。
6 G; M$ U: c# N. g5 s  7.将takes改为gives% C$ y, o; |, p/ Z' P) v. t1 z/ b
  give rise to表示“引起,导致”之意。
/ L; w/ W9 p% L# t' o% t  {  8.将differ改为 distinguish9 G' T6 H$ e, h& W! p
  牵着表示“有区别”。后者表示“区分,找出……的差别。5 j# R* `/ p4 r# ]
  9.将others改为other
! @( T. X) s* L/ H+ m, V; o: T" U  这样the other就和上文的one构成固定搭配,表示在两个中“一个……;另外一个……”
( n: Z  P/ c0 ]  10.将harmful改为harmless,只有这样才可以表达上下文的对比关系。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 15:02 , Processed in 0.203914 second(s), 21 queries .