立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 126|回复: 1

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(十八)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  For the last fifteen or twenty years the fashion in criticism or appreciation* ]+ `9 r, Q$ {- i0 Y
  of the arts have been to deny the existence of any valid criteria and to make the __1__
# k. y5 O3 h& f: a1 d9 x6 |3 R  words “good” or “bad” irrelevant, immaterial, and inapplicable. There is no such
$ D( e. h6 T" B; W  thing, we are told, like a set of standards first acquired through experience and __2__) F4 Y0 r/ V4 r* C
  knowledge and late imposed on the subject under discussion. This has been a __3__
5 S2 n4 x( V' a/ o8 r- a, M  popular approach, for it relieves the critic of the responsibility of judgment and the
& r+ g  S( z" g  public by the necessity of knowledge. It pleases those resentful of disciplines, it __4__- B  N  |: C2 P5 F& \9 `
  flatters the empty-minded by calling him open-minded, it comforts the __5__
7 ?( U" c7 l7 A& j  confused. Under the banner of democracy and the kind of quality which our0 d7 S/ X* e  P' ?8 G: O" ?+ k
  forefathers did no mean, it says, in effect, “Who are you to tell us what is good' e' e1 C7 x0 J2 s
  or bad?” This is same cry used so long and so effectively by the producers of mass __6__
- k' G% G" t& t! q# u  media who insist that it is the public, not they, who decide what it wants to hear __7__
& F( M. a2 v) ~- B  and to see, and that for a critic to say that this program is bad and that program
! }% m0 h  o+ P4 C( b  is good is pure a reflection of personal taste. Nobody recently has expressed this __8__
* h' z9 i( S- ]0 `  philosophy most succinctly than Dr. Frank Stanton, the highly intelligent __9__, m. K$ L) k7 F8 ^( [( k
  president of CBS television. At a hearing before the Federal Communications9 _5 K0 S; H; j- @0 p$ a
  Commission, this phrase escaped from him under questioning: “One man’s mediocrity __10__9 Y, z3 }, z/ w( X3 z0 i
  is another man’s good program”.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:11 | 显示全部楼层

英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(十八)

参考答案及解析:
, D  F  V' Q3 r& o/ y  1. 将have改为has' O# J/ G6 `1 M- R
  该句的主语 the fashion是单数.9 G/ T! f3 o# [& \
  2. 将like改为as
3 U& {! y. n4 T7 }  such as 是固定搭配.
: p7 ~1 T* w- b$ S4 Y$ s% J. \  3. 将late改为later5 V/ A" }  T- Z8 Z& @
  later和上文first对应.
8 _( E" m" W+ G' ]0 U1 n) z  4. 将by改为of或者from
! c1 C% V8 F: x% o$ k9 P  relieve sb of/ from sth 是固定搭配, 意思为 “减轻某人(的负担等)”, [; X1 x1 u' G. ^. Q, r- S
  5. 将him改为them3 @5 m3 W6 N/ i' e
  因为其先行词为 the empty-minded,而 “the+adj/p.p” 表示一类人时,通常表示复数概念.
1 T. l7 T) X, H0 k1 ~" C) F  6. 在same前加the7 |& G, @% q$ E  U( i
  the same 表示 “唯一,独一无二”的概念,因此必须加定冠词.
+ v; w- ?* c9 {* ^  7. 将decide改为decides
6 N/ [6 c* i" P: B+ a$ X! V. p, C  该句的主语 the public 表示的是单数概念.,这一点从后面的代词it 可以看得出来.4 R3 E! `  h( @1 s. N/ N, y
  8. 将pure改为purely
+ \/ I: |1 k" a& u  i: R' L( \, }  在这里purely作状语,修饰谓语动词,因此应使用副词.% Q/ ~: w# ]2 K0 m
  9. 将most改为more
0 e& e: T, a. Q3 ]; x$ x+ ?  more than 搭配,引导出比较状语从句.
6 }% [- i8 L* M( y1 ?/ v  10. 将from去掉( c% `5 S# f: l
  escape在作 “被某人情不自禁地说出来”讲时,是及物动词,而只在作 “逃跑”讲时,才时不及物动词.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 14:34 , Processed in 0.408635 second(s), 23 queries .