立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 78|回复: 1

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(四十)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  There are three main groups of oils: animal, vegetable and mineral.0 _9 `7 n8 }3 f$ ]' r1 v
  Great numbers of animal oil come from whales, those enormous __1__
: d1 Z8 R) I' _  creatures of the sea which are the largest remaining animals in the
* ~) D4 d. K! e. e  world. To protect the whale from the cold of the Arctic seas, nature
# z! p  i3 }" ]" @8 m0 `1 g  has provided it with a thick cover of fat called blubber. When the __2__% E1 T: O% U' r1 `" A
  whale is killed, the blubber is stripped off and boiled down, either0 Z) ]& y5 y7 r  R* Q3 T+ L
  board the ship or on shore. It produces a great quantity of oil which __3__6 s5 n' }+ e( s7 W+ W6 G
  can be made into food for human consumption. A few other creatures6 x6 E2 Z6 [2 \) H
  yield oil, and none so much as the whale. The livers of the cod and __4__
+ w( @) P* T% \+ T" o6 c  the halibut, two kinds of fish, yield nourishing oil.
8 Y; ?  L9 c' B# Y  p: y7 j+ z% p* Q  Both cod liver oil and halibut liver oil are given to sick children" D$ ~4 I9 i1 E0 r
  and other invalids who need certain vitamins. These oils may be
5 Y+ }( C0 Q5 q  bought at any chemist. Vegetable oil has been known from antiquity. __5__* a# G, V3 K( f) i+ H3 R
  No household can not get on without it, for it is used in cooking. To __6__, i6 {' {" c; L  o# k- z
  the ordinary man, one kind of oil may be as important as another.
& Y2 f, x) Z1 z# j( I" B! [  But when the politician or the engineer refers to oil, one almost always __7__
8 B* v8 z- D5 q$ Y% N  means mineral oil, the oil that drives tanks, aeroplanes and warships,
2 J4 ^0 D9 F7 U- p7 ?4 M8 h1 z  motor-cars and diesel locomotives; the oil that is used to lubricate; u, _' a! A4 a$ Z  w4 e
  all kinds of machineries. This is the oil that has changed the life __8__+ ~& t% X; i. f, _1 `+ t1 }
  of the common men. To it we owe the existence of the motor-car, __9__  h9 `# B& V% ~7 R2 m2 ^
  which has replaced the private horse-drawing carriage. __10__
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:11 | 显示全部楼层

英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(四十)

答案及解析:
9 ?8 J# `* W7 i  }& p  1.numbers改为quantities
( t8 x$ Q. B- m- p9 h  animal oil 是不可数名词,不能用number of 来修饰。可以修饰不可数名词的限定词有:  y$ i7 T' y7 S/ ]4 N, m
  a bit of,a large amount of,a great deal of,a lot of,plenty of,a large quantity of。
6 z/ j! C5 h6 B7 {  2.cover改为covering
( F7 J2 V0 ^5 N$ }9 @! P) _% d  cover和covering虽然都是名词,意思却不一样。前者是“封面,盖子”,后者是“遮盖物,覆盖物”,可以说蓝鲸的脂肪是它防寒的遮盖物,而不能说是“盖子”。
- I, J, ]0 }  h! E& S! [. z& r  3.board前面加on9 U8 z8 p- f$ b
  board可以作为名词和介词on连用表示“在(船,飞机,车)上”,如:on board the ship 就是“在船上”。3 n" `5 h- T5 W$ y( M; q1 {+ {
  4.and改成but3 m, \6 s0 M9 u9 w; n
  前后两个分句是转折的关系。9 c7 e, V$ ]9 l5 [5 S9 d/ r
  5.chemist改为chemists
1 c* W! Y; `* N  文中要表达的是“在药店”,那么应该“介词+名词属格”表示地点。所以应该是at any chemist’s.1 o# s  ^$ i# |8 C, f
  6.去掉not/ l( \$ t8 r+ P) ~+ n
  7.one改为he/he or she7 s; U5 Y  O: O- p% X
  代词的先行此是politician和engineer,这是一类通性名词,既可以是男性也可以是女性,这类名词以单数形式表示类指时,通常用相应的阳性代词he,有时也用he or she。
$ n1 v% W% C7 C$ i. Q, Q  8.machineries改为machinery/machines. U$ j. f; h, l; C& ~6 {
  machinery是不可数的集体名词,没有复数形式。1 c  c% w, t' u6 C6 n
  9.men改为man或者the(common men)的the去掉
! [+ _0 ]6 X+ I! T& |$ W  the common man 是类指,既然有定冠词,那么应该用man的单数形式,或者保留复数men而去掉定冠词。- Q7 S6 q- n! b% P5 I- S3 z& }, c
  10.horse-drawing改为horse-drawn
4 V6 u; n4 h6 f0 g  “用马拉的车”,draw和carriage是被动关系。
2 I) o8 g0 s( C  \4 Q$ N  发现很多同学对oil的用法不熟悉,这里再简单说一下吧:
+ }$ j; y3 A, c) i( e  oil 表示油,油脂的时候是不可数的
. t% F4 L7 L3 F  cod-liver oil 鱼肝油
/ f+ M: _2 Z; X* v( E  crude oil 原油- T7 k, E% ?4 ?: [* ^! i
  所以第一个改错 great number of oil come from whales 不需要把oil 改为复数的0 e; ~/ O% E$ L) N! S; [0 T
  但是大家可能被第一句 There are three main group of oils:animal, vegetable and mineral 迷惑了,这里的 oil 是可数的,表示不同种类的油,如
. i% Q3 g& @2 R* r1 g  Animal and vegetable oils are used in cooking and medicine.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 15:21 , Processed in 0.359155 second(s), 23 queries .