QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 1

[专八辅导] 英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(五十四)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Middle age has its compensations. Youth is bound hand and
1 b$ C; J, G% I) a7 B6 w  foot with the shackles of public opinion. Middle age enjoys freedom.
; t; W, c( r  N; q" A  I remember that when i left the school i said to myself: __1__
' \( r2 @2 c( a3 N4 H9 P  "Hence forward. I can get up when i like and go to bed when i* Y( |+ z' L  u, p; _
  like." That of course was an exaggeration, and i soon found that! j; X0 T3 D% B
  whenever you have an aim you must sacrifice something of freedom to achieve
8 j7 y2 k; t! N& g. w8 e& M  it. But by the time you have reached middle age you discovered how __2__
: S. V; X! \! v' O! m" ^1 d  f2 H3 R# R  much freedom it was worth to sacrifice in order to achieve any aim that __3__
# v6 I! l" _/ t/ ~4 I& J  you have on view. When i was a boy i was tortured by shyness, __4__
9 [9 _' M2 F# _' j7 z0 W  ?! i  and middle age has to a great extent brought me a relief of this. I __5__/ m; U5 @" q" D5 j) d3 \! G1 k* J
  have now no such feeling and i save myself much discomfort. I always
/ j& L! Z6 W* J4 g1 {! J# M! }  hated cold water, but for many years i bath in cold seas because __6__
4 B" j7 b3 V$ @3 v  i wanted to be like everybody. __7__0 [) w' ?8 \6 ^
  It was until quite late in life that i discovered how easy it was __8__
" e) F0 x: {1 J8 S  to say:"i don't know." i find with middle age no one expects me to4 g; }9 A, Y% A* ]
  walk twenty-five miles, or to play a scratch game of golf, or to dive1 M% p& c% i! g. k
  from a height of thirty feet. This is all to the good and makes life
& D- G$ n2 o; c+ N  pleasant, but i should no longer care if they do. That is what makes __9__
) K, h" Q. D* H6 ?  youth unhappy, the vehement anxiety to be like other people, and
6 z8 |  I9 }% _' w  that is what makes middle age intolerable, the reconciliation with __10__
$ `. S0 Y3 A8 R  oneself.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 11:29:11 | 显示全部楼层

英语专业八级改错练习题及答案解析(五十四)

答案及解析:
; k, y' m4 `) q  1.去掉the
( ?9 r+ ^; g# v2 B2 f2 k9 y5 I9 i2 [  to leave school 表示“毕业,离开学校”,当中不能加定冠词,否则就表示离开特点的一所学校。
+ p( ]1 `+ K9 `6 V8 }, Y7 M  a5 ~  2.^discovered--have
1 g4 z: O7 B/ n9 M  由by引导的时间状语从句主语一般都用完成体,所以这里应在discovered前加上have。
3 G. Q! L- v' v8 q$ h/ n; K  3.worth--worthwhile9 o: j# T  X' `! q2 [9 |
  这句话如果用正常的语序说应该是:it is worth to sacrifice how much freedom in order to achieve any aim……这样看显然worth的用法是错的,应改为worthwhile,原句的意思是:但是当你步入中年时便会发现,为了实现一个目标值得你牺牲多少自由……。6 {5 M/ F  o2 y
  4.on--in
- M' Y& ~2 x* X' P: N  应该是have something in view表示“看得见……”,所以应改为in view,而不是on view。' l7 K" k. }# b' C
  5.of--from, Z6 `; y2 K9 f0 H3 J) s; G
  如果名词relief表示“从……得以解脱”时,要用介词from而不是of,如:to seek/find/provide relief from the heat/cold/pain/noise。
2 O* P9 W* T0 _) r$ s1 o& B  6.bath--bathed1 n0 K  _( ]2 q" G1 E$ }4 S( Z, l0 j6 p
  bath是名词,而在这里需要一个动词,bathe是动词,所以应改为bathed。( ?8 t3 a9 X8 F0 q
  7.everybody^--else6 f, ?5 |0 t0 m# W: p. y
  everybody就已经包括了说话人自己,所以这里应改为everybody else。
- g. S& G8 b8 d: }2 n6 g  8.^until--not
" P$ J  K8 y& n, ]% K2 C  中文里的“直到……才……”在英文里就要加上not,变成“not until...that...”,所以要在原文until签名加上not。  E9 v% |2 |7 r$ b- q
  9.do--did
3 B0 O8 m, U9 X& |7 X2 }6 U  句子i should no longer care if they do用的是虚拟语气,是对现实的不真实的假设,所以用if从句后加did。4 ?- @8 f: A* n  b/ K2 I( P! V
  10.intolerable--tolerable% z" _1 n/ I' K  @" a
  青年人和中年人的区别在于能使青年人不快乐的事情中年人都可以忍受。这也是中年的好处所在,所以此句中的intolerable应该改为tolerable。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 14:51 , Processed in 0.167545 second(s), 23 queries .